2.6 Renewed Leary's Auramancer (Spectre, AW etc)(Great flexibility, Shaper farming!)

"
NeoTokyoDuo wrote:
Hey, I love the build! I'm currently attempting to do this build myself, however I am finding that when I equip the United in Dream+ unlinked Blood Magic as well as the Presence of Chayula amulet, when combined with the Prism Shield that I don't have enough life to run all of the auras.

Should I be able to run the 8 (6 auras + 2 curse auras) with this build? Do I need more +life or am I overlooking something? Thanks for any help!

Do you have "4% reduced mana reserved" mod on your helmet? Achieved by using Shrieking Essence of Loathing on helmet.
"
Wermine wrote:
"
NeoTokyoDuo wrote:
Hey, I love the build! I'm currently attempting to do this build myself, however I am finding that when I equip the United in Dream+ unlinked Blood Magic as well as the Presence of Chayula amulet, when combined with the Prism Shield that I don't have enough life to run all of the auras.

Should I be able to run the 8 (6 auras + 2 curse auras) with this build? Do I need more +life or am I overlooking something? Thanks for any help!

Do you have "4% reduced mana reserved" mod on your helmet? Achieved by using Shrieking Essence of Loathing on helmet.

Hi. Yeah, I do have the 4% reduced mana on helm as well as the jewel for an additional % reduction. I also have all the recommended mana reduction passives from Leary's recommended skill tree.

I have followed his guide pretty heavily, and while I don't quite have all stats (specifically ES, only 8k right now) up to par, I thought I had made sure to get all of the essential skills, gems and stats needed to run all the auras.

I was running Midnight weapon until today when I got my hands on a United in Dream and a Chayula (been saving my exalted just for them), but when I equip them I don't have the life pool necessary. I feel like I am overlooking something quite simple but I can't figure out what it might be...
"
NeoTokyoDuo wrote:

Open your characters, Ill check. Or otherwise, follow these steps:

1. Is your blood magic lvl 20?
2. Are you running 3 35% auras in the shield? You'll have to run haste on mana
3. Make sure there are no other supports that could apply to envy in the weapon. So for example, no faster casting, no inc aoe or anything
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Last edited by leary93 on Feb 28, 2017, 10:17:18 AM
"
leary93 wrote:
"
NeoTokyoDuo wrote:

3. Make sure there are no other supports that could apply to envy in the weapon. So for example, no faster casting, no inc aoe or anything

Thanks for the speedy reply. I went to make my characters public, and JUST as I did so I noticed that your first suggestion was indeed the problem! I had foolishly placed the wrong Blood Magic support gem in the slot instead of my Level 20 one!

Thank you so much for the advice. I might have spent hours wracking my brain over the problem when it was so obvious. Shaking my head at myself for this one!
"
NeoTokyoDuo wrote:
"
leary93 wrote:
"
NeoTokyoDuo wrote:

Thanks for the speedy reply. I went to make my characters public, and JUST as I did so I noticed that your first suggestion was indeed the problem! I had foolishly placed the wrong Blood Magic support gem in the slot instead of my Level 20 one!

Thank you so much for the advice. I might have spent hours wracking my brain over the problem when it was so obvious. Shaking my head at myself for this one!

No worries, glad to help :)
From patchnotes:

"
Unset Rings can now roll a new mod that increases the level of the socketed gem by up to three levels.

If you have level 21 Purity of Fire, you only need +2 levels to gain additional maximum resist point. And since rings go to +3, you only need level 20.

"
Raised Zombies now have a melee attack range of 9 on their basic attack, up from 4. Their slam ability is now more visible, has a 25% larger radius, and will be used more readily.

Just a nice thing to have.

"
The Unending Hunger unique threshold jewel now grants spectres a 50% chance to gain Soul Eater on kill, and is now limited to 2.

We don't have to allocate points for threshold anymore and threshold is 40 instead of 50. Are we using this?
"
Wermine wrote:
From patchnotes:
"

The Unending Hunger unique threshold jewel now grants spectres a 50% chance to gain Soul Eater on kill, and is now limited to 2.

We don't have to allocate points for threshold anymore and threshold is 40 instead of 50. Are we using this?

Unending hunger is really lackluster tbh. You would have to give up an extra passive to get it (works around the Mind over Matter slot pre Legacy change). I used this one in essence and switched to a Minion Damage/ES one and saw improvements :> Not only that, but it makes gaining souls for Vaal Haste much easier.

Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
Last edited by Darksagex on Mar 1, 2017, 2:56:08 AM
Oooh they fixed the AI for zombie slam, that is interesting. Melee range extension will allow them to hit more stuff before doing an AI check to run off someplace which will also boost clearing. Pretty exciting stuff tbh.

Unset ring new mod, just wow. great for auras, great for plain meat shield zombies/golem.

Also, i suspect Sidhebreath will be up for a buff since its mods are pretty mediocre. Given what they did with Montreal's grasp, do you think sidhebreath would be worth using if they changed the 'increased' mods to 'more' mods? 15% more dmg/life is a serious contender for other things, esp if it gets a nice corruption.
"
Asmosis wrote:
Oooh they fixed the AI for zombie slam, that is interesting. Melee range extension will allow them to hit more stuff before doing an AI check to run off someplace which will also boost clearing. Pretty exciting stuff tbh.

Unset ring new mod, just wow. great for auras, great for plain meat shield zombies/golem.

Also, i suspect Sidhebreath will be up for a buff since its mods are pretty mediocre. Given what they did with Montreal's grasp, do you think sidhebreath would be worth using if they changed the 'increased' mods to 'more' mods? 15% more dmg/life is a serious contender for other things, esp if it gets a nice corruption.

Didn't see a change for Sidhebreath. Would be nice to see one too :>

"
Zealot's Oath has been repositioned to the perimeter of the tree.

I'd like to see the new tree. They moved Zealot's Oath further away, so I am hoping we won't have too much of a loss in terms of reaching it.
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
"
Wermine wrote:
From patchnotes:

"
Unset Rings can now roll a new mod that increases the level of the socketed gem by up to three levels.

If you have level 21 Purity of Fire, you only need +2 levels to gain additional maximum resist point. And since rings go to +3, you only need level 20.

"
Raised Zombies now have a melee attack range of 9 on their basic attack, up from 4. Their slam ability is now more visible, has a 25% larger radius, and will be used more readily.

Just a nice thing to have.

"

1. Yes, but think about discipline for example. That new mod will also most likely be a prefix, making us actually able to get a perfect unset ring now. Not easy tho.
2. Yes no, not just a nice thing. Its huge. Kind of makes zombies way more viable as a focus, especially with the buff to grasp.
3. Nope. Soul eater still only affects 1 spectre, and souls can only be eaten once. So no vaal skills no more. Even tho v-haste is nerfed, its still too good, and otherwise you can always run vaal grace or vaal lightning trap.

"
Also, i suspect Sidhebreath will be up for a buff since its mods are pretty mediocre.

Nope, its not in the patchnotes, and all buffs are in the patchnotes. Even if they became more mods tho, amulet slot gives waaaay too much defenses, it'd have to make up for that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info