2.6 Renewed Leary's Auramancer (Spectre, AW etc)(Great flexibility, Shaper farming!)

Updated dmg calculations for my current setup, which is linked in the second post (lvl 97 :D)

835k is ofc an estimation, but from the 350~k it was before I think uber is looking significantly more possible.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Uber down, video now uploading:

https://youtu.be/t-3m7KGG_pw

and the short version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDpuT-Z3oFg
Last edited by leary93 on Apr 7, 2016, 3:28:20 PM
I follow most of it pretty well, looks basically like my witch on standard.

The bit i'm not following is Poison. How/where do you fit this in since it wasn't mentioned in your support gem layout (from item/passive? etc).

Also can you actually tank the attacks on atziri or is it about herding minions out of the way? I went through there recently and got one shot by something with 5k hp and 30k armor/83% fire resist.
"
Asmosis wrote:
I follow most of it pretty well, looks basically like my witch on standard.

The bit i'm not following is Poison. How/where do you fit this in since it wasn't mentioned in your support gem layout (from item/passive? etc).

Also can you actually tank the attacks on atziri or is it about herding minions out of the way? I went through there recently and got one shot by something with 5k hp and 30k armor/83% fire resist.

Poison is explained in the uber video, and I think I have my lvl 97 gear layout linked in the second post. It does a significant amount of dmg (1.5x the dmg done by the initial hit for my zombies, evangelists I didnt calculate yet)

Where to fit it in?

link zombie - empower - poison - minion dmg and drop stone golem

link raise spectre - minion dmg - spell echo - poison - inc duration - conc/inc aoe (depending on boss vs clear)

--

for tanking, I can take any single skill in normal atziri except double flameblast, in uber I think I can tank most shit if I prepot res flask. you need about 6k HP/ES minimum to be able to tank hits in normal imo. You also don't need armor as a summoner btw, because it's way too big of an investment over life/es
I don't understand why take "increased curse duration" in skill tree? since you run blasphemy and it already has infinite duration while you are in range, and the curse fall off immediately when out of range, regardless of curse duration in tree anyway.
"
kokojie wrote:
I don't understand why take "increased curse duration" in skill tree? since you run blasphemy and it already has infinite duration while you are in range, and the curse fall off immediately when out of range, regardless of curse duration in tree anyway.

because that node also gives curse effect, and 5% curse effect basically is 3% extra slow from temp chains. It's pretty significant if you calculate how much dps reduction that is.
@ curse effect - I hadn't considered enhance for temp chains. Its actually possible to reach 99.8% reduced speed with that and a convoluted setup (dying breath/curse on hit) with a base 52% slower temp chains and 192% curse effectiveness. I'm sure there's a build in there somewhere.

@ Armor - in regular play the biggest danger I face is surprise bleed/pierce that literally drops you before you can reach a pot hotkey and just brute force physical damage (like your uber atziri run where giant fallen vaal pack killed you at the start). I don't even use "removes bleeding" flask anymore and spam attacks on corrupted blood rares in T12 maps without issues.

I'm not sure i'd be prepared to give that up, although i'm not sure what other avenues I have for increasing ES. Swapping alpha for atziri and upgrading my gloves would probably bring me up to around 5.5k

Also if you can fit it into your belt, try to use one of these:

Its a godsend for keeping minions (and yourself) alive, and its also great when starting out until you can pick up shav's and need life regen on life to guard against chaos damage, so can turn on zealots oath only when needed (which isn't actually that often in most scenario's).
Last edited by Asmosis on Apr 9, 2016, 8:44:39 PM
Can someone talk about what stats to look for on jewel? I assume minion related stats are first priority?
"
Asmosis wrote:
@ curse effect - I hadn't considered enhance for temp chains. Its actually possible to reach 99.8% reduced speed with that and a convoluted setup (dying breath/curse on hit) with a base 52% slower temp chains and 192% curse effectiveness. I'm sure there's a build in there somewhere.

you can't. Cap is 75% slow. I reach that on white/magic mobs. There might be a convoluted setup to reach cap on bosses, but as you say, that's convoluted, not really worth it.

"

@ Armor - in regular play the biggest danger I face is surprise bleed/pierce that literally drops you before you can reach a pot hotkey and just brute force physical damage (like your uber atziri run where giant fallen vaal pack killed you at the start). I don't even use "removes bleeding" flask anymore and spam attacks on corrupted blood rares in T12 maps without issues.

I'm not sure i'd be prepared to give that up, although i'm not sure what other avenues I have for increasing ES. Swapping alpha for atziri and upgrading my gloves would probably bring me up to around 5.5k

Ur not playing a summoner right if that's ur biggest danger. I always run a remove bleed flask, and rarely even have to use it. The giant fallen vaal pack didn't kill me with physical. if you pay attention, it was the stormbearer effect they had that killed me. I can easily tank a vaal fallen smack in the face, as well as the cycloner in uber trio or a hit from enraged dual striker. As long as I don't get stunlocked im fine. I understand armor and such sounds attractive tho, but it's more suited towards builds that don't have the luxury of dodging dmg.

u'r using alphas? Yeah, I think the problem you have with bleed is because you didn't have enough armor. yes it fixes physical dmg, but how do you sustain chaos dmg and burst elemental dmg? I'd be extremely afraid to run any t12+ map if I couldn't reach 7-8k es, unless Im not planning to push beyond 85

shortly, look at it this way: by going from 5k es to 8k es (reasonable goal) you get an effective 60% more hp to take dmg on, and you'd need about 37.5% overall mitigation to make up for staying at 5k, or even more physical mitigation to even think about that. For 30k armor to give at least that 37.5% reduction, you'd need to take hits of max 1800 dmg a piece and reasonably speaking, any hit below that you wouldn't even be scared of with 8k. And keep in mind, this isn't even considering the fact that elemental and chaos dmg will still hit like a truck. Especially chaos snakes *uch*.
"

Also if you can fit it into your belt, try to use one of these:

Its a godsend for keeping minions (and yourself) alive, and its also great when starting out until you can pick up shav's and need life regen on life to guard against chaos damage, so can turn on zealots oath only when needed (which isn't actually that often in most scenario's).

Yes I thought about that, but you need to stand on the consecrated ground to really get the effect, and besides my 2 animation flasks, I need my quicksilver, remove freeze and remove bleed. Plus, im never dropping ZO ever, if I wanna be able to run desecrated ground and burning ground maps, so you already lose that advantage of the build. Maybe for summoner builds that can deal with DoT effects otherwise it could be useful, but yea, I don't really have a spot, already took some time contemplating if it was worth it giving up a flask for.

And for dropping a minion flask, that would pretty much negate the reason to even pick up the sulfur flask, because animation flasks give more life.

"
Can someone talk about what stats to look for on jewel? I assume minion related stats are first priority?

sure, I get minion dmg > energy shield > stats and resistances

Minion damage is gated the most as there is no other real place to increase ur dps eventually, then energy shield, just because it's such a big boost, and generally makes traveling actually worth, and then stats/res so you get more freedom on your gear.
Last edited by leary93 on Apr 9, 2016, 9:56:05 PM
*removed xD*
Last edited by leary93 on Apr 9, 2016, 9:55:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type