[2.2] Occultist (Contagion + Essence Drain) Beginner starting build

How much of a difference in defensive stats do you think it would make if you got the +1 curse on enemies from the doedre's unique ring and instead got the wicked ward node from the occultist tree ?
So how do you deal with mana issues in this build? Is it meant to run with 3-4 mana pots? Or does it require gear with loads of mana regen?
level 50 and its going fine, just no idea what weapon I need. I guess a spell dagger if I want to wirling blade? and then a defensive shield? or do we get spell shield
I'm super noob when it comes to theorycrafting or even making my own build so excuse my stupid upcoming question.

Why this specific skill setup?
"
datenshiddd wrote:

CWDT (boots):
3L: Cast when damage taken - Arctic breath - Greater Multiple Projectile
1Slot: Chaos Golem
Any chance of getting an update to the gear section sometime soon? This build is awesome so far!
"
Justifiedsoul wrote:
I'm super noob when it comes to theorycrafting or even making my own build so excuse my stupid upcoming question.

Why this specific skill setup?
"
datenshiddd wrote:

CWDT (boots):
3L: Cast when damage taken - Arctic breath - Greater Multiple Projectile
1Slot: Chaos Golem

i would say that its to help with moving away from packs that get in your face. freezing them and moving back to help not take damage that isn't needed is always a good plan on a build that has you dot and ed. i run the chaos golem in that same set up so i don't have to cast him lol
Last edited by Tafatt on Mar 6, 2016, 5:35:35 AM
Can you explain Arcane Vision with CI? Why bother if you have 100% hp all the time.
Could you update your passive tree links please? Won't let me look at older versions!
Lovin this build for my first in Perandus.. I'm clearing packs much faster than my party mates in cruel.

I just want to add that with all spell damage and projectile nodes this build synergizes well with something like freezing pulse + lmp + mana leech + faster casting - you don't even need to buff it much because you've already done that with all the projectile and spell damage nodes. Lots of freezing and slowing for enemies that didn't get nearly insta-killed from the ED/Contagion spread. Helps get your mana back quickly, too.

Also another fun variant - try putting trap on your contagion - it works! And the increase in damage is so high you can sometimes just use that to clear trash mobs completely - no ED necessary, haha. Making me wonder about a trapper-based contagion build... hmmm ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info