[2.2] Occultist (Contagion + Essence Drain) Beginner starting build

Level 79 is still not that high, you can get a lot of passive points gaining some levels. :)

What map bosses are giving you the most troubles?
Is the Consuming Dark worth using or nah?

I saw people commenting earlier on how poison wasn't very good, I assume the same is true for consuming dark?

What weapon would be ideal for this build?
IGN - Partitioner
"

I saw people commenting earlier on how poison wasn't very good, I assume the same is true for consuming dark?

Thinking about high spell dagger + DoT craft.
"

Consuming dark is decent on single target bosses, but I'd go for a Divinarius (70% spell damage, 10% increased radius) or a good rare dagger with the Leo craft.
I don't understand why this build uses Alpha's Howl on the helm slot. It only gives +2 levels to blasphemy, which only adds a bit of area of effect and has quite shitty stats.

Is a bit of range on your 2 curses really worth that much?
"
SwampZiro wrote:
I don't understand why this build uses Alpha's Howl on the helm slot. It only gives +2 levels to blasphemy, which only adds a bit of area of effect and has quite shitty stats.

IIRC it preffers Heretic's Veil, and it's pretty awesome for the build. Added Blasphemy, +2 curses and reduced reserved mana.... what else?
"
partyboy505 wrote:
Aside from gear, my personal way to improve my defences (I'm going full ES, switching for CI any time soon) is:

-Cap resists. On top of everything, is a MUST on this builds.
-Go for defensives curses, meaning use Temp Chains and Enfee, and add Vuln to your CoH shenanigans.
-Did we mention Whirling Blades+Fortify? If you don't use dagger, put Fortify on ANYTHING you can. Mitigates a shit ton.
-Last but no less, run. Run like a chicken. No, really, as dotters your main way to stay alive is to kite the shit out of everything. It may not be the fastest way through everything, but we're no tanks either (unles you spend your life saves on glorious equipment). Dodge, kite, dodge, run and dodge. Repeat.

Thanks! I'll be trying these tips.

"
djnat wrote:
Level 79 is still not that high, you can get a lot of passive points gaining some levels. :)

What map bosses are giving you the most troubles?

Yeah I'm working on that :P . The one in the cemetery and one of the rogue exiles that casts lightning spells (yeah I need to improve my lightning resistance).

"
SwampZiro wrote:

Perhaps because it's a lot cheaper and the thread is about a beginner build? Also the -mana reserved is useful.
Last edited by acc1986 on Mar 23, 2016, 11:19:57 AM
Hey guys just got the story finished up on my third character. Having a good time with Contagion / ED looking for some more suggestions for budget good items to pick up. Thanks!

Edit: Got a winds of change and rocking mostly high ES/life rare stuff but looking for anything interesting to try.
Last edited by Idyar on Mar 23, 2016, 2:53:30 PM
Hello,

I really love this build. I'm lvl 71 and it's pretty safe, the clear is decent in solo. Having some trouble in party because monster have too much HP to innitiate the spread. Still need to leveled the gems and having better gear.

But i have some issue now. After i somehow manage to doing cruel lab, the 4rth point "profane bloom" is a big nerf for this build because of a bug (thread in report bug forum : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1619129)

I hope this bug will be fixed to fully enjoy this build. I'm thinking about dropping the node until then. (if other people have the same bug please report this to bring visibility to the devs).

Anyways thank for this good build.
im low life, should I use a rebeak for 100% increased damage or a consuming dark for 45% spell damage and poison

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info