(2.2 HC) Fire Trapper... help theorycraft pls

Hi all,

I think my first build in Ascendency will be using the new Ice Trap skill, linked to Cold to Fire and specing Avatar of Fire to convert 100% of damage to fire.

I want to use the Assassin spec, and stack crit, to blow everything up on the initial hit/let burn clean up.

I have never played a trap build before and I'm looking for input on how to optimize.

Offense

Trappers use daggers I assume? Any good unique weapons for Fire Damage/Crit Trapping?

What links should I use, in addition to Cold-to-Fire? Cluster Trap looks interesting.

What are good support abilities for trappers? I'd love to use Whirling Blades for movement. What about auras? It's really hard to justify not using Blasphemy+Enfeeble/Tempchains in HC. And trapping as a playstyle seems conducive to self casting Enduring Cry and running CWDT+IC for big hits.

Defense

I want to try running ES/EVA hybrid. I've never run hybrid before, and it seems like stacking Life + Evasion + ES is at least decent now, and cheaper (better for early league) than pure ES.

Here is the preliminary tree:

Also, how should I spec the Ascendency?

(https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy/classes/Assassin)

Would it be better to use Assassinate + Unstable Fusion, or Deadly Infusion + Ambush?

I figured Assassinate is better for single target, particularly beefy map bosses. But maybe if I chose Deadly Infusion and stack a ton of power charges, it might be better overall.

Any input is appreciated.
Last edited by Trentemoller on Feb 27, 2016, 8:51:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info