Inquisitor Templar Ascendancy will RUIN PvP, do something plz.

DISCLAIMER
Spoiler
I know a lot of players hates PvP and I can understand them but I ask you to not comment on this thread if it's not related to the subject.

This is purely PvP related and we don't ask for any changes for the PvE aspect of the game. I ask you to respect our demands as we respect yours.

Thank you in advance

Please GGG, I know you are aware of this as Mark answered my question in Q/A part one.

Inquisitor "ignore elemental defense on crit" will kill High level PvP as it will be impossible to defend against it. Especially right now with the spark flood meta (plz look into this as well) you'll be dead in the 5 first seconds of a pvp game. As a result, everyone will play a Templar wich will kill build and meta diversity (or what's remain of it).

I know Chris and Bex said that the devs want to look into pvp balance later on this year but I reckon it will be a fatal blow to the pvp popularity if this is released without a pvp restriction on the notable.

You've done it for Clever Construction so it is possible to balance this whithout affecting PvE players.

Even a temporary fix will be enought but I beg you to not release this in this state or it will kill the small remaining pool of players wich is the pvp community.

Last edited by IceDeal on Feb 23, 2016, 4:06:27 PM
Last bumped on Mar 13, 2016, 6:43:05 PM
something has to be done.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Well said Icedeal. Couldn't agree more.

Devs, we really like this game, and we feel PVP had/has a lot of potential. We are actively trying to get more people into HLD pvp and are willing to help others etc... but given the current climate it's really difficult. I hate knowing that what we see on the horizon seem to be nothing but bad news.

<3

And in the spirit of keeping it 100, as the kids say these days, I don't want to quit PoE and play Blade & Soul like the rest of the people I used to PVP with :/
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Feb 23, 2016, 3:02:29 PM
Couldn't the PVP community get together and decide not to play these builds? I remember in D2 at one point people would consider it bad form if you used potions and the community basically shunned you if you were caught doing it.

Plus this way you wouldn't have to wait for the dev's to figure out a fix, test it, and then deploy it. The community could just vote on this type of thing and decide what is fair game and what is not. When someone doesn't play by the community's rules you politely explain the rules and tell them they face being ostracized from the pvp community.

Just an idea. I could be completely wrong as I don't pvp or keep up with the news. That being said I don't think we will ever see another pvp season like we have in the past. It didn't work then, and I don't see it ever really working the way people want it to.
Last edited by OldmanBlackdragon on Feb 23, 2016, 3:03:03 PM
PvE takes priority over PVP end of story.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Just wait for the new Impenetrable Resistance items.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Couldn't the PVP community get together and decide not to play these builds? I remember in D2 at one point people would consider it bad form if you used potions and the community basically shunned you if you were caught doing it.

Unfortunatly the community is full of immature people abusing everything they can just for fun (like Explosive Arrow since almost two years).

"
PvE takes priority over PVP end of story.

We don't ask for a rework of the subclass, just a pvp nerf to avoid an absolute disaster if it's released as it is. You're probably not aware of that but Clever Construction give you only 2.5sec of immunity in PvP instead of 5sec in PvE. This kind of nerf doesn't affect the PvE population at ALL.
Last edited by IceDeal on Feb 23, 2016, 3:08:21 PM
Look, once we have 10+ Templars in sarn arena spamming spark GGG will do something. Get your corner build ready.

Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
Vhlad wrote:
Look, once we have 10+ Templars in sarn arena spamming spark GGG will do something. Get your corner build ready.

Can we at least try to prevent that, we are so close of the release that we need to heavily point this right now or it will be too late.
Last edited by IceDeal on Feb 23, 2016, 3:18:16 PM
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:

Can we at least try to prevent that, we are so close of the release that we need to heavily point this right now or it will be too late.

My Templar is lvl 56 in talisman. Will push to 90 for ascendancy and be ready for maximum damage, skill effect duration, projectile speed, pierce, (maybe gmp), crit spark corner spammer. When sparks travel from one corner of the arena to the other, go glass or go home.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Feb 23, 2016, 3:22:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info