Inquisitor Templar Ascendancy will RUIN PvP, do something plz.

"
IceDeal wrote:
And back to the graveyard we are...

Ho well at least I tried.

FYI this thread was posted in general discussion for the Devs to notice it but was move back here so it can rot for eternity.

If you want the post to be seen by developers, it's best to post it in the appropriate forum, particularly if it's feedback relating to a specific area. The developers read every post in the feedback forums.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
Hey there,

I'm not generally involved in PvP stuff aside from event scheduling, but I asked some people who are about this. They're a secretive and reclusive bunch, but I was able to get some info.

For Low Level events this shouldn't be an issue because it's restricted to players who haven't finished Normal difficulty, and it's not possible to get Inevitable Judgement without completing the Cruel labyrinth. We're actually intending to prevent players from competing in LLD events if they have an Ascendancy class at all.

For High Level PvP this will have an impact, and we've discussed it internally as something to keep a close eye on for the reasons you've suggested. It's worth noting that Ascendancy does offer more ways to mitigate damage that aren't reliant on resistances. This node also doesn't stack with things like curses and penetration which are already available.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:

The sheer fact it wont stack with penetration nor curses makes this look quite a bit more balanced already. So you simply have 0 resists no less, still very strong but further from ridiculous.
Appreciate the post Dan

I think it was always stated that this was the equivalent of wearing Veil of Night on crit. Otherwise combined with penetration, curses and EE, damages would be out of this world.

Veil of the Night actually does stack with penetration, because it doesn't remove your resistances, it just sets them to 0. Mark posted about this in more detail here.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info