Changes to Past Leagues at Zana

Definitely a step in the right direction, ty GGG! :) I might finally try some of the cheaper ones!

(as for some of the QQ there is a point but there are divination cards now and they can be farmed/traded for).

As for talismans it does seem like it won't be added to the core game, thats a pity but I hope the same 'idea' or similar returns in the future, ideally with less grind and more impact lol

Not sure about the whole rotating of mods thing, I kinda understand but I think most people would have preferred to continue to have access to all leagues even if GGG were to update zana costs each new league as necessary.
Last edited by Drakkon1 on Feb 23, 2016, 3:41:39 PM
"
I completely agree. I don't know why GGG refuses to let us enjoy the diversity of leagues without charging insane prices. Even with this price decrease GGG needs, NEEDS, to understand that average players simply cannot afford to blow 3 to 8 Chaos for one map run!

GGG, PoE already suffers from a massive lack of end-game content, which you could easily improve by allowing each map to randomly generate a prior league like Serge suggests. I don't even mind paying some currency like an Alc or 1 Chaos...but unless I quit my real life I can never, ever afford to run these leagues.

Why do you limit our fun? Just for the sake of the extreme minority of PoE trader tycoons? If you let us just have more fun...you'd get more purchases...as it is now, I'm not in a charitable mood when you give me a totally pathetic 20% item quantity boost...it's like you guys have no clue what the majority of players want (hint: a rewarding play experience).

That. Precisely that.

I understand the game is about grind. But, seriously, some (large) parts of the game are just out of reach for the average player. Who give you money too. Zana mods are too expansive. 1 exalt for the high end ? Never gonna try that. Even 8c is way too expansive to give it a try. What for, chancing specifi uniques ? I've chanced more than one thousand items without getting any unique. Theerefore, "pay several chaos to get nothing" is very enticing indeed. Blah.
"
Vhlad wrote:
I think we should disable classes from the core game from time to time. Rotate them.

June can be Templar month.

I agree. June is a beautiful month where I live. I just don't think Witches make sense for June. This will make things much more interesting as we watch all Witch players lose their minds during this time. Good change.

[THIS HAS BEEN A PARODY MEANT TO EDUCATE PLAYERS ON HOW STUPID LEAGUE-ROTATION IS]

"
I don't get what is "interesting" about having certain league mods not be accessible for zana for 3 months straight.

Exactly. It's like GGG are actually behavior psychologists working for the government. Hence, it is "interesting" for them to study human behavior when forced with a really stupid change that makes the game worse. How do players cope with a less fun experience? ...Interesting!

"
Domination gone, Ambush nerfed. Looks like more direct hits to streamers who level their 100's in a matter of days, with me and probably many others being nothing but collateral damage.

I'm not happy.

Well said. GGG seems obsessed with the level 100 streamers...and the rest of us regular players always suffer. Such a lame way to go about things...and again...it makes me not want to hand over money to GGG...just being honest.

"
ogorhan wrote:
I dont think I ever used Zana mods or ever will tbh. I prefer to keep my chaos orbs, not everyone is rich to spend choas/exalts.

Exactly. Pretty sad when the vast majority can never afford this feature. I guess GGG only cares about balancing around the top 1%, while the rest of the players don't matter to them.

"
Exo666 wrote:
Previous league should really be added to the map content. This is about giving us a better experience. Paying currency to experience something is out of my mind. Why would I pay to have the Invasion experience? For the specific unique item of this league? No.

Excellent point! This change by GGG actually goes COMPLETELY against what Chris Wilson wisely said a while back about double XP weekends and that crap: we prefer to have any time be a great time to play PoE.

But now Chris says it's "interesting" to force players into playing more at certain times of the year. When your favorite league is up, you better play like crazy! If that is during your busy work season or when you're on vacation, too bad! In GGG-God voice: we determine when it's best for you to play!! You will conform or...or...play another game because like we care!!
Last edited by Brumbek on Feb 23, 2016, 2:02:47 PM
"
Brumbek wrote:
But now Chris says it's "interesting" to force players into playing more at certain times of the year. When your favorite league is up, you better play like crazy! If that is during your busy work season or when you're on vacation, too bad! In GGG-God voice: we determine when it's best for you to play!! You will conform or...or...play another game because like we care!!

What I meant is that I won't spend currency on getting specific league mods EVER. It needs to be uber appealing like a chrome or something very cheap otherwise I'll just keep my currency for acquiring better gears.

I want to experience all of the previous leagues stuff so that's why my solution was: Put those mods in the regular maps mods pool.

A game is about entertainment and having access to those is going to make mapping more exciting for everyone. If the mapping experience is more exciting, many people will stick around longer during each league and people will want to come back to PoE more often.

I've seen a lot of comments/threads saying that the end contents gets boring and repetitive and it needs to be adressed. Why not giving use more mods diversity, more different experience each maps and keep it fresh longer?

Also, I won't come back playing PoE because, Ambush for example, just got put back in zana mods. For me, it doesn't make sense. I will come back only to play PoE for the new contents and because I have the time to do so.
Last edited by Exo666 on Feb 23, 2016, 2:20:15 PM
So not happy about that, and I'm a player who very rarely got to the point in game where I occasionally could afford to put Zana mods on my maps.

Limiting the choices for an already limited endgame is not "interesting", it's making the experience for the broad playerbase worse. These changes are targeted on some low percentage of players in challenge leagues having the time for reaching a level of their character and wealth to regularly use Zana mods for mapping. Meanwhile the by far larger percentage of players suffers, in particular in permanent leagues.

I really like that you as developers give insight in the process with these manifestos. Yet there are more questions than answers why you change Zana like that in the first place. You said it limits you too much? In what way? And how does rotating a limited number of mods on such a huge timescale make the game more dynamic or interesting? (Other than just stating that it does)

I'm kind of waiting for answers to these questions before I change my opinion about these changes to a positive one.
Please make the rotation every month :(
IGN:_T_H_A_N_A_T_O_S_
"
johndrake666 wrote:
Please make the rotation every month :(

This would be preferable (Or even weekly) It could even maybe be interesting and a way to keep a league alive in the later stages, especially if the zana mods were not too expensive.
I like that Zana modding and prices are being looked at. Hopefully this means they get run more.

I am very sad that Talisman isn't getting added to the core. I would gladly have given up the ghosts and or other mechanics to keep talisman. I thought it added a lot lore wise even i

Although, I won't miss bonespire, **** bonespire. As a non-armor based, CI build it was terrible. I'd be killing things and then be dead, and see a bonespire talisman lying on the ground waiting to get picked up. (a tad exaggerated, as I would see bonespire effect on me before anything, but no removal via pot like with corrupting blood available, and as I was a CI build, can't counteract with a health pot. I could only watch my health dwindle away since I had already killed all the mobs and couldn't find more fast enough to leech more health. RIP me)
0 £ū€k$ were given about standart that day, as always.
IGN: LarsPunkNado (dps ts/punture)
IGN: larshuijskens (max dps auramancer)
"
Exo666 wrote:
"
Brumbek wrote:

What I meant is that I won't spend currency on getting specific league mods EVER. It needs to be uber appealing like a chrome or something very cheap otherwise I'll just keep my currency for acquiring better gears.

I want to experience all of the previous leagues stuff so that's why my solution was: Put those mods in the regular maps mods pool.

A game is about entertainment and having access to those is going to make mapping more exciting for everyone. If the mapping experience is more exciting, many people will stick around longer during each league and people will want to come back to PoE more often.

I've seen a lot of comments/threads saying that the end contents gets boring and repetitive and it needs to be adressed. Why not giving use more mods diversity, more different experience each maps and keep it fresh longer?

Also, I won't come back playing PoE because, Ambush for example, just got put back in zana mods. For me, it doesn't make sense. I will come back only to play PoE for the new contents and because I have the time to do so.

A little cognitive dissonance here.

If they're in the mod pool for maps, you have to spend currency to get them by rolling the map until it hits the mod you want.

If anything, buying the mods from Zana is actually cheaper than rolling maps to get it. So for people that want to play the leagues when they want, your idea is actually way worse for them.

For "alch and go" types, who really just try avoid a certain mod or two on maps, your idea would be much better since the old leagues would become "oh hey neat that came up".

Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info