Will you use Saboteur if you are not playing trap/mine?

Saboteur is quite great even if not using trap/mine. However, it seems to be better to pick Trickster in both Offensive and Defensive if you are not going to play trap/mine? Which one will you choose from this two?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I guess a Saboteur would be decent enough as a fast elemental (or conversion) melee and I don't think anything in the game is straight up immune to blind so born in shadows will always work.

Unfortunately, Trickster has good all-around general bonuses and that frenzy generation is pretty sick so I'd still give him an advantage as long as frenzies are so broken.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Not sure I'd use it even if I do play traps or mines.

There's 2 other paths on the Saboteur line one lets you exploit Blinded Enemies for more Damage 10% Extra Fire Damage & Less Damage Taken from Traps.

I guess you could try a Blind-Based Non-Trapper build?
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
There are a few ways to blind enemies reliably (Isn't there going to be a new utility flask that drops a smoke bomb?), the blind branch might be worthwhile.

I've heard Scold's Bridle works with Maloney's Nightfall (the smoke cloud quiver) to basically permanently have smoke clouds around you, if that's true you could probably drop the quiver requirement and just run something like Cyclone CoC and make it super defensive with the massive evasion rate.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
I have a build idea sitting in the wings that I attempted in Darkshrine. It's defenses didn't pan out, and a unique was added in Ascendancy that would of helped it, but I never got around to trying it.

But with Saboteur, it'll be even greater, and I'll most likely be playing it first.

(Flame Surge, Fire Trap, and Kong Ming's.)
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
"
There's 2 other paths on the Saboteur line one lets you exploit Blinded Enemies for more Damage 10% Extra Fire Damage & Less Damage Taken from Traps.

I guess you could try a Blind-Based Non-Trapper build?

In a state of the game where you "one-shot" mostly anything, a 10% chance to apply something doesn't look very attractive to me. Especially if it is supposed to be a main layer of your defenses.
Blind itself is a very strong mechanic of course, especially when combined with high evasion and dodge/block, but the ways to apply it are way too cumbersome at the moment.

"
Saboteur is quite great even if not using trap/mine. However, it seems to be better to pick Trickster in both Offensive and Defensive if you are not going to play trap/mine? Which one will you choose from this two?

I will play traps.
Is Saboteur even the bast choice for a trap / mine player ?
Trickster offer a amazing amount of defense and good mana regen.
Assassin give a lot of burst (crit dmge, culling strike, bonus dmge).

Saboteur ? Let's have a look to the big nodes.
- Explosive expert : 3 lines
a) 10% of physical dmge as extra fire dmge.
In the tree, not far from the Shadow, the node Force Shaper give 5% of physical dmge as extra CHAOS dmge.
What to do with the fire dmge ? Will you use fire penetration to optimze it ?
Either it should give chaos dmge to max the bonus from the tree either it should give extra lightning dmge to enhance the effect of the gem "physical to lightning".

b) Dmge penetrate 8% elem resist.
It's a nice add to the 10% from the tree.
BUT the node seems to be dedicated to physical dmge because of the first line.

c) 10% less dmge from mines/traps.
Trap and mine are probably around 0,5% of the encounter.

If you're playing elemental dmge, point a is useless.
If you're playing physical dmge, point b is useless.

It's a very bad node.
Assassin got Toxic Delivery. It improves physical dmge with some extra chaos dmge. It's a far better node for a physical trap build.

- The blind way.
Probably usefull against boss.
Normal mobs die fast.

- The third way is average.
It only improve elemental dmge (bear trap is out) and not everything is needed.
"
giantaxe02 wrote:
"

I will play traps.
Is Saboteur even the bast choice for a trap / mine player ?
Trickster offer a amazing amount of defense and good mana regen.
Assassin give a lot of burst (crit dmge, culling strike, bonus dmge).

Saboteur ? Let's have a look to the big nodes.
- Explosive expert : 3 lines
a) 10% of physical dmge as extra fire dmge.
In the tree, not far from the Shadow, the node Force Shaper give 5% of physical dmge as extra CHAOS dmge.
What to do with the fire dmge ? Will you use fire penetration to optimze it ?
Either it should give chaos dmge to max the bonus from the tree either it should give extra lightning dmge to enhance the effect of the gem "physical to lightning".

b) Dmge penetrate 8% elem resist.
It's a nice add to the 10% from the tree.
BUT the node seems to be dedicated to physical dmge because of the first line.

c) 10% less dmge from mines/traps.
Trap and mine are probably around 0,5% of the encounter.

If you're playing elemental dmge, point a is useless.
If you're playing physical dmge, point b is useless.

It's a very bad node.
Assassin got Toxic Delivery. It improves physical dmge with some extra chaos dmge. It's a far better node for a physical trap build.

- The blind way.
Probably usefull against boss.
Normal mobs die fast.

- The third way is average.
It only improve elemental dmge (bear trap is out) and not everything is needed.

Sound like if not playing trap/mine, there are other way better options in term of both offense and defense.

Even playing trap/mine, trap with Saboteur is a bit weak (mine is a bit better). The only valuable passive that make players wanna pick Saboteur as trapper is the cooldown recovery and chain reaction of trap. But again, picking a class just for that 20% recovery? (The 30% extra mine is obviously stronger, but still not comparable to other class.)

The conclusion is that Assassin and Trickster are far better than Saboteur no matter playing trap/mine or not.

To improve, I think adding "reduced xx% of mana cost of trap and mine skill" will help. It helps nothing to the defense and damage of trapper/miner build, but help them a lot on mana control as trap/mine skills cost high mana but can't enjoy any mana leech and gain.

PS. Maybe this thread should be moved to "Feedback and Suggestion".
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I think that the real Strong and possibly OP node is the Chain Reaction one in the Saboteur.

Imagine the following:

Bladefall (or any other AOE Skill) - Trap - Multi Trap - Cluster Trap (New Skill) - Other supports (Trap/Mine Damage & Conc)

One of the traps triggers, all go off. Boom.
I think this will be by far the strongest option for Trappers.

Only one thing needs (for me) to be tested. Does Multi Traps synergize with Cluster Trap? Are you throwing 3 clustered Trap(fields)? If so... well. OP.

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info