Random awards of races

"
harddaysnight wrote:
It's just bad luck. I had about 50 more points than you on the season. I just checked and I got 13 randoms this season, which I thought was below average.

Dude ... 13.. 13 ..13 versus my ONE and you consider 13 below average.

"
harddaysnight wrote:
Btw, is there a particular prize you were wanting?

Wasn't really after other than belt (witch I got from guaranteed but the rolls were low so i would not have minded new pair for better luck (considering its not worth more than 3-5 Divine Orb). Also wouldn't say no to blank iLvL 100 ring

And yes I know that chance is chance. I have played a lot of RNG game and yes I have missed shot even when 98% (could have been 97% can't really remember) was into my favor. Like I have said in this topic ... I know my luck is bad.

And btw I don't even feel miserable ... I'm constantly laughing while writing this replay.
The Fact that melee is underpowered is the only reason I play as melee!
Last edited by Heroicer on Feb 25, 2016, 3:17:32 PM
"
harddaysnight wrote:
It's just bad luck. I had about 50 more points than you on the season. I just checked and I got 13 randoms this season, which I thought was below average. I also got three double randoms (I've gotten triples and maybe even quads in past seasons). Only one double set was a race where I got class points. Again, this "seemed" like it was below average for a race season.

The thing about rng that I see a lot on game forums is people look at the odds of something happening to them. Then they think there is something wrong when they go 5X, or 10X, or 100X as long as the odds predict.

But odds don't work that way. You have to consider large numbers of people. The odds of rng being evenly distributed are extremely low. The odds of some people getting very lucky and some getting very unlucky are extremely high. The odds are so high of that happening that you can pretty much assume it will happen. Then the people who got very unlucky get on the forum and think something must be wrong with the rng. They show the odds are a million to one of it happening to them, but they forget that the odds are extremely high of it happening to someone. They just happened to be one of the unlucky people.

Btw, is there a particular prize you were wanting?

WTF? I have 1627 points this season and I have won 13 as well???

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info