[2.1/hc/sc/uber]Righteous Surge, Hypertank/150k dps/95% Fire Res?!/ 7k+ life w/o kaoms/ dual curse.

I just wanted to say I'm having a blast with this build. It is really strong. I just started mapping and mobs just melt under RF and rare mobs/bosses under FS. I was lucky and got an exalted drop so I bought Doon Cuebiyari. I have 23k tooltip dps with RF.
Colouring gear is a bit annoying though ;)

Thanks for this build
Where would you put your last 2 ascendancy points? Would you go for Augury of Penitence or Instruments of Virtue?
"
Amaranth314 wrote:
Where would you put your last 2 ascendancy points? Would you go for Augury of Penitence or Instruments of Virtue?

I've chosen Sanctify, Pious Path and Augury of Penitence from Inquisitor tree.

In general this build is extremely solid, efficient and let's call it hardcorish. At lvl 90 I have 7.5k life, almost 8k armour (with flask 20k). Here is my current gear:

Spoiler

And here is the link to the tree:

I'm using Rallying Cry to boost my damage and what's important mana regeneration. With enough enemies surroundig me I'm able to boost my Flame Surge to 100k dmg.

For movement I'm using really useful Flame Dash.

Important bit on my version of the build is that I was extremely lucky to get 5 blue on my strength based armour what allowed me to use Elemental Focus and Controlled Destruction together. Those with Iron Will are boosting dmg in a sick way. I spent around 1000k chromes to achieve that but frankly speaking it was made by mistake ;) I simply wanted to get 4 blue. Another thing is that I've picked up sixth jewel socket (on the left hand side from Elementalist) what gave me additional 10 strength and of course allowed me to boost my life and dmg significantly.

I'm really, really surprised that this great build seems to be forgotten and activity on this thread is so poor. It's definitely HC viable, the only little drawback is that you cannot play maps with decreased mana/life regen (lower than 40%) and maps with vulnerability are bit annoying (but still doable).

EDIT:

I've got this thingy today:

I think it is really great follow-up to the build :)
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
Last edited by _phlv_ on Apr 6, 2016, 3:37:51 PM
Another cool boost to Flame Surge - Lightning Golem. This guy is smashing. I'm thinking about having two sets of Doon Cuebiyari + Phoenix. One with Flame Golem - for mobs and second one with Lightning Golem - for bosses.
This is my very first character, and I've been using this build. It's extremely tanky, but because I'm still new it's gotten me killed a few times, lol. Being able to face tank my way through merciless without breaking a sweat was awesome. Unfortunately, this lead me to trying to do the same with everybody I came across (atziri trio, atziri, the prodigies in core) with disasterous results until I fixed my tactics and flask setup.

Here's my current gear.
Spoiler

For my flasks I have 2 different setups.

DPS
Spoiler

Then, if I'm fighting a tough boss, it's this
Spoiler

I'm still a noob and all, but from what I've read, I'm enjoying being Inquisitor because this sulphur flask allows me to clear all status effects while giving me a huge damage boost. The Consecrated ground gives me enough regen and dps to effectively wade through packs without using a lot of flasks.

I'm personally using Enduring Cry with longer duration because I'm still learning some of the fights and the longer duration lengthens heal (so it's like a 1 sec healing pot) in addition to having endurance charges on demand.

I use Divination Distillate because the +max fire resist it provides will allow me to heal more in a given time than a healing flask from my life Regen.

I will say it's expensive trying to correctly color a chest piece, though. I've gone through over 1k trying to 3 blue my helmet and judging from the OP's current setup, I'll need more trying to 5 blue a 6l chestpiece.

Still, all flasks up, my flamesurge reaches about 98k tooltip dps while I walk around with about 7.2k hp.

I've pretty much mirrored the OP's build at 90 with 2 jewel slots. I don't know if I'll continue using the next 10 points for jewel slots or get Holy Fire to boost RF damage. I haven't done the math on it yet.
Last edited by Tsokushin on Apr 22, 2016, 12:44:15 AM
Can you tell us what jewels you use? You take a lot of the sockets but unless I missed it somewhere I don't see what jewels to use.
"
Stuups wrote:
Can you tell us what jewels you use? You take a lot of the sockets but unless I missed it somewhere I don't see what jewels to use.

I can't speak for OP, but I use and search for any jewels with at least the following 2:

6-7% max health (always needs to be there)

15-17% increased Fire damage (most preferred out of all)
11-12% area Damage
11-12% Damage over Time
14%+ Armor (completely Optional)

"
Tsokushin wrote:
"
Stuups wrote:

I can't speak for OP, but I use and search for any jewels with at least the following 2:

6-7% max health (always needs to be there)

15-17% increased Fire damage (most preferred out of all)
11-12% area Damage
11-12% Damage over Time
14%+ Armor (completely Optional)

Thank you, that is incredibly helpful information. I had forgotten what actually affected RF haha.
My update to the build - I'm lvl 93 now:

Current gear

Flasks

Jewels

1)
15% incr. spell dmg while holding a shield
7% incr. maximum life
4% incr. ignite duration on enemies
2% chance to ignite

2)
11% incr. spell dmg
7% incr. maximum life

3)
16% incr. spell dmg while holding a shield
7% incr. maximum life
+10 to Str. and Int.

4)
9% incr. dmg
7% incr. maximum life

5)
12% incr. spell dmg
7% incr. maximum life
14% to lightning res

6)
11% incr. spell dmg
3% incr. cast speed with fire skills
7% incr. maximum life
12% incr. area dmg

Stats:

Life: 7983
Armor: 8761 (with Granite Flask: 23,070)
Flame Surge Damage:
- Base: 72,197
- With Righteous Fire: 118,010
- With Righteous Fire and Lightning Golem: 125,811
- Boosted with Rallying Cry and Consecrated Ground: can be even >150k

As you can see I switched from Fire Golem to Lightning Golem.

Here is my current tree:

Last edited by _phlv_ on Apr 25, 2016, 2:18:59 PM
Next additional info:
Lucky, I rolled an Empower lev. 4 on STD League, so I've used it with Purity of Fire. In result I've received 5 % max res. to fire-finally 89 % . This 1 % more max res is crucial on maps with vulnerability's mod - I don't receive a "visible "penalty to life regen, life is constant.
This option is very expensive but interesting.
Actually, I play with this build on STD, lev. 95 - over 8 k life , over 11k Armour without bonuses from flasks - with this ,over 27 k; Damage - Flame S. 84 k without bonuses from flask and Rall. Cry( 3 jewels with % life, next 3- boost to damage; standard Fire Penetration - an option with 5 blue sock. sounds good but almost impossible to craft ).
Also I use a Rallying Cry( like a phlawski player , btw -my bro-in -law ), nice boost to damage and mana regen ( very important during a fight with bosses , Flame surge drain a lot of mana:). In result, you don't need a Vaal Clarity.
Shortly, I recommend this build, it's strong as hell, really. You can play without a death after few beers and maybe more:)))yup:))
Last edited by Varan1971 on Apr 25, 2016, 2:34:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info