Blink Arrow - Bug - Skill Fail

It does not work when you try to use it to evade skills.

What exactly is the point of promoting player gameplay skill when the skills they must use to show their skill and gameplay don't work properly..

Check this out ... Its really messed up that you keep getting hit even after you cast the skill that is supposed to save your ass
at 3:15

Spoiler
If you fail to catch what is going on in the video in regards to the skill
Here is the breakdown.

The skill fail was not because that player got shot by the vaal oversoul lazer( firstly there was no place else to evade / dodge the ball lightning attack - Its chain and linked)

The skill fails because from the start to the end of the skill You still keep taking damage. it makes it so like you are walking through the ball lightning rope and still taking damage. In the case of uber where the damage is so stupidly high you die for that one or two hits of the ball lightning because the damage is too high.

What you need to notice is that when the player starts the skill he is near a ball and not hit yet.
when he finishes the skill by landing he is linked by chain to the ball lightning ... all the wile being damaged by that skill through the cast.


Another video

"
vio wrote:
"
Zinja wrote:

3. all the time from the cast to the landing I am still taking damage from the chain ball lightning...

i think it's just blink arrow, using it you can't escape the torture chamber boss' lightning beam either. the beam warps with you and you're taking damage all the time.


from https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1585619

From an Earlier reddit about the same

poe thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1303205
Can we get this fixed already?

This is supposed to be primarily a movement skill. DPS is not its function. Why on earth do we have a 4 second reuse delay?

casters have lightning warp.

melee have whirling blades /leap slam

Blink arrow fails even as a movement skill
Blink arrow is supposed to be the bow users equivalent skill... but instead we get stuck with a half baked unreliable skill which wont work when you most need it... to dodge all kinds of aoe skills which are timed between those 4 seconds of delay.


1. It should have Increased Range
2. IF you Must have a insanely Long Cooldown It should have instant effect and players should not have to die getting hit while casting the skill to escape and keep getting hit all the while the skill finishes.
3.Give it the same cooldown as whirling blades
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Feb 24, 2016, 4:13:38 AM
Theres no bug here lol.

but in general i think its bad design for how closely tied movement skills are to attack speed, including blink arrow.

When I tried an EA character it's stupid how good blink arrow can be compared to most other bow builds.
Last edited by biyte on Feb 13, 2016, 2:18:46 AM
*bump*
Domine Non Es Dignus
There is no bug displayed in these videos. The skill does not, and is not intended to, teleport you as soon as it's cast. You teleport when the arrow lands, which takes time.

When you cast the skill, you fire an arrow. The arrow takes time to land, and you can of course still take damage during this time.

The frame before the arrow lands, you're still in your old location (or wherever you walked to from there in intervening time). Anything trying to damage you at that location can do so up to and including this frame.

The next frame, you have teleported, and are now at the location the arrow landed. Immediately, anything which could damage you at the old location but can't at the new one will be unable to damage you, and vice versa for anything you've come into range of.

In both your linked videos, you take damage from a ball lightning right before you teleport, which is of course perfectly normal and valid. Then you teleport, and are no longer taking damage from those ball lightnings.

The visible beam that is still attached to your character does not mean you are still taking damage, it means you just did. The beam appears in the frame you take the damage, and fades out over a couple of seconds - having the beam still on you does not mean you're still in range or still taking damage. It's an indicator of the damage you did take, because you took it before you teleported.

The visual beam does not indicate "taking damage" it indicates "just took damage".

"
Zinja wrote:
This is supposed to be primarily a movement skill. DPS is not its function. Why on earth do we have a 4 second reuse delay?
The skill is supposed to have multiple uses. Constant and freely repeatable instant teleporting is definitely not any of them.

"
Zinja wrote:
casters have lightning warp.

melee have whirling blades /leap slam

Blink arrow fails even as a movement skill
Blink arrow is supposed to be the bow users equivalent skill
No, Blink Arrow is not intended to be directly equivalent to any of those skills.

"
Zinja wrote:
but instead we get stuck with a half baked unreliable skill which wont work when you most need it... to dodge all kinds of aoe skills which are timed between those 4 seconds of delay.
You can absolutely avoid lots of things with it. This requires understanding the time it will take and being able to use the skill in time that you can get out when you need to. This is intentional.

"
Zinja wrote:
1. It should have Increased Range
It literally cannot have longer range than it does. It's range is the maximum skill range - it can target as far away as it is possible for a skill to target (maximum bow range).
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 24, 2016, 1:29:49 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
Zinja wrote:
This is supposed to be primarily a movement skill. DPS is not its function. Why on earth do we have a 4 second reuse delay?
The skill is supposed to have multiple uses. Constant and freely repeatable instant teleporting is definitely not any of them.

-- So what is whirling blades exactly?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
Zinja wrote:
casters have lightning warp.

melee have whirling blades /leap slam

Blink arrow fails even as a movement skill
Blink arrow is supposed to be the bow users equivalent skill
No, Blink Arrow is not intended to be directly equivalent to any of those skills.

Dont you understand that exactly is the problem here?
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/45fkdz/do_you_consider_whirling_blades_too_good_or/
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/43tmmq/state_of_movement_skills_whirling_blades/
-- Well there aren't any skills that is equivalent to whirling blades ... There are no skills equivalent to it for bow users.

When you are dealing with combat in boss rooms the ability to quickly zip ahed /past of ground target /targetted skills is the key to survival . When you have all kinds of casters ,ranged using this skill ment for melee ... what exactly are you trying to achieve ? punish the bow class users
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
Zinja wrote:
but instead we get stuck with a half baked unreliable skill which wont work when you most need it... to dodge all kinds of aoe skills which are timed between those 4 seconds of delay.
You can absolutely avoid lots of things with it. This requires understanding the time it will take and being able to use the skill in time that you can get out when you need to. This is intentional.

Have you even used the skill in endgame boss situations? and avoided "things" with it?
for example In an atziri fight , when she starts casting storm calls and corners you in a spot and casting flame blast and successive double flame blast both at opposite ends leaving you to jump from one corner of the room to another ,in quick succession. does this help me avoid that?

I am trying to understand what things was this skill designed to avoid. It would be totally fine if the boss'es cast 98% ground coverage/cornering skills once every 4 seconds. But that is not the case in this game is it not?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
Zinja wrote:
1. It should have Increased Range

It literally cannot have longer range than it does. It's range is the maximum skill range - it can target as far away as it is possible for a skill to target (maximum bow range).


why not have it just go to max range every time, the time you stop moving to cast this skill to reach that far ( oh dont forget you have to target it at a far end ) end to evade a skill you are already dead.
Just go to max range when skill is used. would be the best fix for it.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Feb 24, 2016, 4:00:26 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The visible beam that is still attached to your character does not mean you are still taking damage, it means you just did. The beam appears in the frame you take the damage, and fades out over a couple of seconds.


when i died to the torture chamber's boss some time ago i learned that escaping it's beam isn't possible with blink arrow. the beam just warps with you. same issue? i mean i had half of my life when i teleported away.

blink arrow is just unreliable as an escape skill, fighting palace dominus he didn't even finish his speech: it was like: "the touch <klick blink arrow> of go.." <dead>". i had strong flashbacks to good old desync times.


edit: regarding the torture chamber boss' beam following you when blink arrow away. from my experience most bosses can rarely get distracted from the minion which blink arrow creates. but while this can be easily tested against oak in dark forest, in torture chamber it's rather hard to test.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill
Last edited by vio on Feb 24, 2016, 5:08:50 AM
Mark
You can verify this yourself.

THe only time you would use it is when you are already in motion trying to avoid things but you suddenly need to get to cover a larger distance quickly.

why not have it just go to max range every time, the time you stop moving to cast this skill to reach that far ( oh don't forget you have to target it at a far end ) end to evade a skill you are already dead.
Just go to max range when skill is used. would be the best fix for it.

It is the same mechanism as whirling blades - It just quickly displaces them instantly few tiles ahead in the general direction of their movement , while they are already in motion.

When you
1. stop
2. Take time to target safe spot( if you cast it while moving you end up literally one or two tiles in front)
3. Cast skill
4. Wait for skill to complete
YOU are already Dead.
Dont you understand that all these 4 steps Take A hell lot of time when you are trying to avoid 1 shot skills which are cast consecutively with fast cast speed and less cooldown and large areas/reach.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Feb 24, 2016, 4:52:04 AM
"
Zinja wrote:
When you
1. stop
2. Take time to target safe spot
3. Cast skill
4. Wait for skill to complete
YOU are already Dead.
Dont you understand that all these 4 steps Take A hell lot of time when you are trying to avoid 1 shot skills which are cast consecutively with fast cast speed and less cooldown and large areas/reach.
Damn I thought it is just me sucking at quickly mousing over all the screen to evade some full-screen-covering-attack-of-doom. Good to know at least somebody else having the same problems.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
Damn I thought it is just me sucking at quickly mousing over all the screen to evade some full-screen-covering-attack-of-doom. Good to know at least somebody else having the same problems.

common problem which correlates with screen size. sometimes i can't even find the cursor.

but even then, some days ago i died on my first wasteland trip due to voll's poison attack which reminded me that the globe girls really incentivised me looking at them more often than the new user interface which just further increases my pulse.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
Zinja wrote:
This is supposed to be primarily a movement skill. DPS is not its function. Why on earth do we have a 4 second reuse delay?
The skill is supposed to have multiple uses. Constant and freely repeatable instant teleporting is definitely not any of them.


Might want to take a look at Whirling Blades. I hear people use it to move in an instant freely, repeatable kinda way. Admittedly, it doesn't teleport like lw/ba - but I'm unclear as to how the "doesn't teleport" aspect accounts for the infinite free use part.

Last edited by sherkhan on Feb 24, 2016, 11:41:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info