Treasure Goblins.

Dear GGG,

I've recently been "forced" back into D3 due to friends migrating to it. It's a terrible game with absolutely no comparison to the level of effort you put into this one.

That being said, it has one redeeming quality that makes me squeal with delight each time I encounter it. You guessed it (okay you read it in the title... whatever), that's treasure goblins! The various types of them, including the herds of them that spawn, provide high levels of merriment and much rejoicing. I'd greatly appreciate some equivalent of them in PoE, the most wonderful Dungeon game in the world. I whole-heartedly expect to see some patch notes in the future that say "Now with more Treasure Goblins".

Thanks, and GG.
-xXGeminiXx
Last edited by xXGeminiXx on Feb 12, 2016, 3:46:32 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
something like this is already in the game and is called "wealthy" mod.

it should create a loot explosion. at least it did back in beta days.
i encountered mobs with this affix several times and it seems to be broken. often the mob even drops less than a rare.

also you most likely find more exalted orbs than mobs with this mod.
I had forgotten about that they're so rare... and they really don't provide the same effect, but you're right, they exist.
Tormented spirits?
"
Hbass2 wrote:
Tormented spirits?

This feels close enough to me. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Tormented spirits is the POE equivalent, and imo the core idea is mucchhh better (ie actual risk vs reward) as well as far more in line with POE grim settings. Pity they're so incredibly frustrating sometimes, even standing next to a rare they often run off into a corner lol.
if only they weren't so brokenly "stupid"...
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Regular players like you and me ARE the Treasure Goblins for uber players/traders :-)
"
Hbass2 wrote:
Tormented spirits?

Unfortunately, these are the GGG equivalent. They are typically GGG: A great idea, but so badly implemented that they just frustrate you most of the time.
They are better at avoiding mobs, especially rare ones, than I am. Their AI is unbelievably useless.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
If the spirits' AI wasn't so simple it would be fine. It just feels too clunky and annoying with the "move X distance away from closest player exile then stop, if wall then stop, if stop then check for rare or unique mobs within X/2 distance, repeat for Y seconds, perform animation". Is it a matter of processing power or what?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info