So, I finally managed to save up enough rare Talismans for 1 Tier 4 rare.

^I understand what your saying.

However some things to note.

1) new map availability and new higher tier.
2) nice challenges that provoke players to stay longer

I think both are reasonable assumptions as to why more people are pushing lvl 90+ characters. I also don't perceive this as a "bad" thing.

3) content is choice based

Like you say, you can skip all of the talisman league if you so desire.

Now this is both good and bad, it keeps players playing the game that just want a fresh league but don't care for "to dangerous" content. On the other hand, people who actively seek challenge and want to wave around their grand e-peen lvls can do so if desired.

I think choice is always a bonus, it keeps more of the community engaged for a longer time and this helps the league endure much longer.

4) bigger pr scale

I think it's wise of GGG to have a relative "easy" league before a major expansion. People might want to come back and "test" the game again etc. As a result of that, you don't want those people to leave and go
"fuck this crap", you need them to stick around for ascendancy and hopefully support the games development.

Releasing an "invasion 2.0" at this point in time, would have been a major PR blunder for GGG. And since the future development depends on solid PR moves i think they made the smart choice.

Obviously, all just speculation and assumptions, but you get the idea.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Yeah, talisman is a bit underwhelming. IMO, to fix it they should have:

-made every talisman drop as a rare or unique (maybe allow magics? not sure)

-made stone circles only take 4 talismans instead of 5

-allow you to use multiple same-base talismans to sacrifice

-allow some way to recycle bad talismans into better ones (t4 -> t3?)

Any of these changes would have made talisman immensely better. As it is, I think the whole talisman mechanic is either going to get trashed and made map-mod only or will be drastically changed when it gets put into the core game.
"
Boem wrote:

I think both are reasonable assumptions as to why more people are pushing lvl 90+ characters. I also don't perceive this as a "bad" thing.

Now this is both good and bad, it keeps players playing the game that just want a fresh league but don't care for "to dangerous" content. On the other hand, people who actively seek challenge and want to wave around their grand e-peen lvls can do so if desired.

I think choice is always a bonus, it keeps more of the community engaged for a longer time and this helps the league endure much longer.

4) bigger pr scale

I think it's wise of GGG to have a relative "easy" league before a major expansion. People might want to come back and "test" the game again etc. As a result of that, you don't want those people to leave and go
"fuck this crap", you need them to stick around for ascendancy and hopefully support the games development.

Releasing an "invasion 2.0" at this point in time, would have been a major PR blunder for GGG. And since the future development depends on solid PR moves i think they made the smart choice.

Peace,

-Boem-

I get where you are coming from, GGG has been making the game easier and easier to attract more casual players. Every day I see people complaining about the difficulty of the game, they can't sustain maps, they can't sustain currency, map bosses are too hard, etc. This reflects on the difficulty of the game in the future, as this game is based on the feedback of players and supporters.

And to be honest, I don't like where this game is headed. It's becoming easier and easier. You remember how hard was Act 4 and Malachai back when 2.0 came out? Well I wish it stayed that way.
"
vio wrote:
"
Waves_blade wrote:
You know what? ... Its utter trash.

hold on a minute ... there's gambling in poe?

lol no way .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

4) bigger pr scale

Peace,

-Boem-

I get where you are coming from, GGG has been making the game easier and easier to attract more casual players. Every day I see people complaining about the difficulty of the game, they can't sustain maps, they can't sustain currency, map bosses are too hard, etc. This reflects on the difficulty of the game in the future, as this game is based on the feedback of players and supporters.

And to be honest, I don't like where this game is headed. It's becoming easier and easier. You remember how hard was Act 4 and Malachai back when 2.0 came out? Well I wish it stayed that way.

@Boem: All good points!
(grind was still excessive tho :p )

As for the game becoming easier I think one of the things that made a huge difference was the change in life/level - ripping before maps is far less frequent than before because we have far more life and this makes the game feel 'easier'. The inclusion of masters had a similar effect, from 2nd char onwards its increasingly easier to reach maps. Neither of these things I consider a bad thing, as I'm sure many want to speed through until maps by the 2nd char etc if not earlier.
I'm not totally in agreement as to the content, stuff like act 4 and bloodlines league have brought back some difficulty, as well as the damage in later maps.
What I do think you're forgetting is that you are no longer a 'noob' - your knowledge of the game has surpassed the difficulty curve (as it should for it to be minimally rewarding!).
Considering myself for example: My best in previous temp hc leagues was lvl 86, this time I reached 83 (rip) 86 (rip - both silly rips), 83, 87, 90 (all alive), and if it were not for rl stuff (like work, wife, holidays - i'm now 10 days in rio) I'd have pushed quite hard in the league. Although all of my builds were essentially my own (tree, variants etc) they're basically meta reflections as I have the experience to come to similar conclusions (ex: full chaos builds would work fine, new gems too good even in crit/conversion builds etc).
Having said all this, there are plenty of challenges to be had: go hc, go self-found, go hc + self found+an objective, a less popular skill but 'fun', Basically all self imposed ways to challenge yourself ;)
The grind was really quite excessive.

Loot quality is so poor in this game we need to go through 100+ amulets before finding a good one. And no one can grind 100+ T4 (or even T3) rare amulets of a decent ilvl in a temp league. Not even close.

Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
Vhlad wrote:
The grind was really quite excessive.

Loot quality is so poor in this game we need to go through 100+ amulets before finding a good one. And no one can grind 100+ T4 (or even T3) rare amulets of a decent ilvl in a temp league. Not even close.

100% right, can't find even 1 decent RARE talisman, cmon GGG all white and blue talismans dropped to me, not even rare.

"
Maswasnos wrote:
Yeah, talisman is a bit underwhelming. IMO, to fix it they should have:

-made every talisman drop as a rare or unique

-made stone circles only take 4 talismans instead of 5

-allow you to use multiple same-base talismans to sacrifice

-allow some way to recycle bad talismans into better ones (t4 -> t3?)

Any of these changes would have made talisman immensely better. As it is, I think the whole talisman mechanic is either going to get trashed and made map-mod only or will be drastically changed when it gets put into the core game.

Well said, i make same suggestion, but no words or changes from GGG. Still it would be great if your suggestion they hear.

Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info