MMOHuts has revealed the latest Templar Ascendancy Class: The Guardian

its nice.

yeah support is pretty niche but theres some things in there for non support and templar already has really strong options in both his other things. Theres got to be something there for support, its niche but theres devoted people into it.
Just release the Scion subclass already, dammit. :p
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
"
OniAsura wrote:
Seems kinda lame as a last class reveal for Templar. Is there anyone that legitimately likes playing support in an ARPG?
Yes, there are lots of such people. Also, the Guardian can do more than just support builds.
Can you please add some wrinkles to the Templar's forehead - and basically everywhere else?

It just looks odd him being old and gray and smooth as a baby's bottom.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Even for solo radiant faith is pretty damn amazing for low life builds that aren't blood magic (i.e. many auras, high mana reserved, high life reserved). It's basically a free ~3000 base armour and ~200 base ES without even building specifically for it.

Add 1% physical damage reduction per aura (and .2% life regen), which is presumably affected by aura effectiveness - this could easily be 12%+ physical damage reduction. 5% block and effective stun immunity is nice too.

It's not that great offensively though. Harmony of purpose is weak since its range is "nearby" only edit: apparently "nearby" is not a fixed measurement (I was thinking of the really short range of bino's); in this case the aura has a radius of 40, which is large enough to be useful in coop. Time of need is also really weak (in fact I'd be surprised if anyone takes it, ever).

Prayer of glory could be amazing, if it lets you use warcries while moving/attacking. i.e. if "using warcries is instant" lets you use a warcry without interruption while running/casting/attacking, that's literally one of the best things ever. It would be gamechanging. It probably doesn't work that way though. The guy in the video needed to do a better job of showing off how that worked.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Feb 16, 2016, 6:03:18 PM
"
cgexile wrote:
Can you please add some wrinkles to the Templar's forehead - and basically everywhere else?

It just looks odd him being old and gray and smooth as a baby's bottom.

Wrinkles? Just give him pants already. ;)
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
I would say about half my characters are support. Already have 2 support characters designed from the witch start....time to scrap them and start over from templar, YAY...
Will there be 3 classes revealed today? Or are two being saved for next week?
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Most people see a support for others.

I see a really good Auramancer soloer, minions and this guy will never die and do toons of damage.

Or go low life righteous fire and do damage youself.

Last edited by HoockBr on Feb 11, 2016, 4:59:03 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
OniAsura wrote:
Seems kinda lame as a last class reveal for Templar. Is there anyone that legitimately likes playing support in an ARPG?
Yes, there are lots of such people. Also, the Guardian can do more than just support builds.

I just meant in POE really cause playing support seemed kinda passive before(aura bots) but now I see a little bit what GGG is doing with the Guardian making supports more active and prominent. Bastian of hope could be interesting for staff builds if I'm reading into that correctly.

Still the other Templar classes seem more appealing to me. Nice to have options at least.
2spooky4me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info