[2.4] CI CoC Discharge by Rico (barely reanimated)

Hello boss,quick question. what do u think about using Skyforth or Death's Door ? might it work with this build?
Last edited by _Rain__ on Aug 25, 2016, 12:20:23 PM
"
_Rain__ wrote:
Hello boss,quick question. what do u think about using Skyforth or Death's Door ? might it work with this build?

Of course they will work. And it is hard to tell which one will be better really. Both are excelent option.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
"
RicoKGB wrote:
"
_Rain__ wrote:

Of course they will work. And it is hard to tell which one will be better really. Both are excelent option.

I think i'll give a try to Death's Door (cause of immune bleeding +1 endur charge,) Gonna buy it today,will see how its gonna work.
ok here what i got,-5 ele Res,-100max ES (dropped me down from 1850 to 1750 ES),and max mana dropped from 27 to 25.

+1 max end charge +immune to bleed make a difference no doubt,but i'm not sure if these differences worth 15 exa which i spend on it.
Last edited by _Rain__ on Aug 26, 2016, 11:41:40 PM

ok so i made many many changes.
when i first made the toon for this build i encountered attribute issues, not having enough strength, not having enough dex.
the boots here gives STR so that helps by saving me 1 or 2 skillpoints!
another problem here is that your skill tree is needlessly allocating points into "x% greater effect of auras" which is needless. . . so i spent those few points elsewhere
also ive encountered not having enough base crit for cyclone, so to alleviate that problem I had to find 5 or more jewel slots for jewels that are
1: "x% mana reduced for skills" and
2: "increased global crit"
having that +10% global crit gave me about +60% global crit to cyclone! which sorta helps! but i need more jewel slots for those types of gems only, it seems i'll need to find even MORE jewel slots for more global crit and 1 or 2 for "+# mana gained for each enemy hit by attacks" that is where my mana problem came in. . .and also how i plan to solve it.

if you want, i can screenshot my skill tree AND link my jewels

also im not using elemental equilibrium! i know i know, its op and its this and its that, super awesome trust me i know this -_- why do you think the corrupted mod, "elemental weakness on hit" is worth 50 exalts? yeah its THAT OP, i get it. . .

but! im not using it! instead im using blasphemy + poachers mark for frenzy charges (which when it crits freezes and shatters enemies) so i use it as a defense mechanism.

another thing that came to mind was, "can bosses be cursed? can bosses have their elemental resistances reduced?" its a question i really dont care to answer and while EE is not far from the skill tree i wont bother getting it its just not "flashy" enough for me to actually go for it.
(and with my additonal frenzy charges my discharge deals like 120k anyway so why bother with EE when i kill everything instantly?)
also a small bonus to unused frenzy charges is the attack speed and movement speed it gives!

the shield cost me a fortune . . . .as did the dagger. . . .i want to say thanks to the guy who posted the death's door boots, because those boots are awesome! again Skyforth seems worthless here . . . .

as it stands my BASE crit chance for cyclone is 54%, im close enough amiright? XD
but im getting closer! will find 2 more jewel sockets and top it off!

also wanted to thank rico for providing a foundation on which to build the CI/CoC/Discharge build! i knew it was possible all along! fantastic!

NAYSAYERS!
thats right! this part is for you! "why go CoC when GGG is nerfing it?" yeah? well they been singing that song since January! and if that were to pass, i would be sad like this :(

but! you could repurpose the toon into a low-life/RighteousFire/Shavronnes build and be successful!

♥x♥x♥x♥
Last edited by PleaseMasterMakeMeScream on Aug 28, 2016, 10:16:54 PM
♣From my own experience want to share with people who just start playing with this build.Don't forget that time isn't ur friend,i mean when u facing hi lvl bosses u have to reduce ur time on killing it as much as possible,other way there are pretty hi chances to be killed,to do so i highly recommend u to use reflect flask+crit chances flask+Promise♥

and,u welcome ♥PleaseMasterMakeMeScream♥
Last edited by _Rain__ on Aug 28, 2016, 2:51:19 AM
Hey thanks so much for this guide it's really helpful!
Can you clarify if one needs to level up the Blade Vortex gem as part of our 6-link.
The gem you have linked in your 6-link is lvl 8 and I just wanted to check if there's a reason it's not higher (i.e. 20).

----

EDIT: Figured out why, dex requirements, d'oh!
Last edited by Lexame on Aug 29, 2016, 7:10:30 AM
I had to switch out increased area of effect for increased critical strikes, my base crit is 74% which helps a lot! I have 175 dex and plenty of str

EDIT: CoC has been nerfed to oblivion

" For Cast on Critical Strike, Cast on Melee Kill, Mjölner, Null's Inclination and Cospri's Malice, only one skill can be triggered per trigger event. The damage of Cast on Critical Strike and Cast on Melee Kill has been increased, as described in "Active Skill Gem Balance" below.
The spell that is triggered is determined based on the order in which it is socketed, and will cast supported spells in sequence, even across multiple attacks. These items and skills also have cooldowns which limit how often a skill is cast.
All unique items that trigger skills, now and going forward, follow the rule that if a skill is triggered, it can only be used by that trigger and cannot be directly cast by the player as well.
Previously, only the trigger support gems limited the use of the triggered skills this way, while skills triggered by unique item properties could be self-cast. "

- - - - - - - -

"Discharge now deals 35% less damage when triggered."

- - - - - - - -

"Cast on Critical Strike now has a 500ms cooldown, and will now only trigger one spell per frame when you critically strike. It now has 100% chance to trigger casts when you critically strike. It now has 20% more spell damage at level 1, tapered up to 39% at level 20 (1% per level). "

- - - - - - - -

" Due to balance changes, every existing character has been granted an optional full passive skill reset. "

- - - - - - - -

going to look for a new build :D thanks anyway rico ^_^

EDIT 2:

I noticed rico put "for 2.3 nothing has really changed" the denile is real.
rico. . . .
the build has been NERFED TO OBLIVION
the build is not OP anymore
its time to move on rico. . .
Last edited by PleaseMasterMakeMeScream on Aug 31, 2016, 3:20:57 AM
i guess it's time to uninstall the game...(
tnx for the awesome build Rico
rest in piss

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info