[3.0] Windripper Tornado shot magic finder

Hello and welcome to my Windripper MF guide.

This is an old guide that has been revived as of 3.0 due to the changes to Ascendant.

Bear in mind that this will be relatively expensive to set up to perform at a respectable level. It’s designed to MF farm maps from t1 to t15 - not guardians, shaper, uber atziri. It can, however, do these bosses but you would need godlike gear for that.

Pros and cons:

+ Very high MF values possible while maintaining great clear speed.
+ Fun to play
+ Swapping the mf gear to dps gear should allow for killing shaper/uber when using kaom’s heart.
+ Can get relatively tanky with kaom’s heart and vaal pact.
+ Can add a second 6L for single target (barrage), but not necessary. I personally prefer to only use one right click skill and TS is easier to aim and safer to use.

- Jewel dependant.
- pretty expensive
- struggle with damage at the absolute highest content

My stats with greed's and charges:

HP: 5.6k

DPS: 117k GMP Tornado shot.

MF: 163 iiq 327 iir ( 188/377 with windripper bonus)

Movement speed: 40%, 110% with flask up.

Skill tree:

These trees will act as the baseline, from here you will deduct points based on your level and gear. I recommend to first remove the jewel socket down at point blank and the one at scion life wheel that will free up 6 skill points.

If you are using a Barrage single target setup, I recommend to pick up point blank which is 1 point.

Gearing:

Gearing depends very largely on your current stats, here is some numbers you should aim for:

*Capped resistances
*90% chance to hit
*75% crit chance. This translates to about 94% crit chance with diamond flask.
*5000+ life.

Gear advice slot by slot

Helm

Recommended option: Rat’s nest or a rare with increased item quantity stat.

Budget option: A good rare.

Harbinger league option: The Tempest’s Binding. This is an amazing option if you are using Kaom to get a 2nd six link for single target.

The most important thing when buying a helm is to get one with +2 tornado shot projectiles or barrage enchant, depending if you need aoe or single target most!

Chest

Greed's Embrace or Kaom’s heart, no other options really.

Quiver

Rare with the following stat priority - Crit Multi > WED > Life > crit chance > flat accuracy/IAS > added cold/lighting dmg.

The most important part is that it got +1 arrow.

Weapon

Windripper

Well this is a given, look for highest crit possible.

Super expensive option is a +1 arrow ripper.

Belt

Rare Leather belt or Heavy belt if you are using kaom’s heart.

Important with a high WED and life roll

Good suffixes include: Resistances, reduced flask charges used. You should aim for a high strength roll if you are using Kaom’s heart.

You can also try your luck at some essence of hysteria crafting: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence_of_Hysteria

This gives you 5% elemental damage penetration when using a flask (it is a suffix).

Gloves

Recommended option is Sadima's touch with elemental weakness on hit corruption.

Budget option is a Sadima’s touch with no corruption.

Boots

Recommended option for standard: Good rare with high MS and good item quantity and preferably some resists and life.

Option for challenge league: Goldwyrm.

Either try to get +1 level of socketed gems or flat fire damage on kill enchant.

Amulet

Recommended option for standard: Rare with the following stat priority - Crit multi > item quantity > WED > Rarity > > Life > Accuracy/Crit chance

Options for league: Rare > Bisco’s Collar – you lose a lot of damage and life by using bisco’s, but it can be good if your other MF stats are low.

Rings

Recommended option for standard: Rare gold rings with the following stat priority – Item quantity> WED > Life > resists > item rarity

Recommended option for budget and challenge league: Ventor's gamble – as well rolled as you can afford.

Links:

6L for AoE clearing:

Standard league: Tornado shot, WED, Ice bite, GMP, Added lightning damage, Increased item quantity. Replace added lightning with Increased critical strikes if your crit chance is low.

Temp league with no access to iiq gem: Tornado shot, WED, Ice Bite, GMP, Added lightning damage, Increased critical strikes.

You can use item rarity for added lightning damage on very low content.

6L for single target:

For Greed’s embrace: Barrage, Added Cold, Elemental Focus, Added Lightning damage, WED, Innervate. Swap innervate for increased critical strikes if your crit chance is low.

For Kaom + The Tempest’s Binding: Barrage, WED, Elemental Focus, Added lightning damage. Swap Added lightning damage for Increased critical strikes if your crit chance is low.

Please note that Tornado shot is also a pretty good single target skill, so if you are using kaom’s heart and don’t have access to the tempest’s binding with a good enchant its not a very big deal.

4L: GGRB – Vaal haste, blink arrow, increased duration, faster casting

4L: RGBB – Empower, herald of ice, wrath, enlighten. Use this in boots if you got a +1 gems item.

4L: RGBB – Ice golem, flame golem, minion life, minion and totem elemental resistance.

One free 4 link that you can use for whatever you want.

Jewels and jewel socket locations:

Jewels are important to cap resistances, get the needed stats and as high dps and life as possible.

Rare jewels must have life and attack speed with bows as prefixes, they are the only good ones. You have some more choice when it comes to suffixes. Resistance is first priority to get capped, then stats needed to use your gear and gems. Other good stats are crit multi> projectile damage > damage/ crit and accuracy/rarity/attack speed.

The blue dream/nightmare is used in the scion jewel location for 10% chance to get a power charge on kill. Lioneye’s fall is used on the jewel socket location to the far right of the tree next to Acrobatics to turn the claw cluster into bow nodes.

Here is my jewels for reference:

Bandits:

Kill all for 2 skill points. Alternatively help Kraitryn but in most cases 2 skill points is best.

Pantheon:

Minor god power: Soul of Yugul

Major god power: Unsure here, Soul of the Brine King might be good to avoid chain stuns with Greed's version where u only got like 5.5k hp. Soul of Solaris or Lunaris looks best on paper otherwise.

This is subject to change as I have not tested properly yet. I did an elemental reflect map and had no issues with Yugul and elementalist node.

Flasks:

Here is my current and recommended flask setup:

Path of Building pastebin:

Here is the POB pastebin for anyone interested:
https://pastebin.com/T9QhFGme

I get 7.6k hp with non legacy kaoms heart and the hp version skill tree for reference. And 9.2k hp with legacy kaoms.

League only gear setup:

Spoiler
I have just recorded some vids with no legacy gear of all t16 maps in mf gear and shaper in regular gear (its pointless to mf shaper) to show you thats its possible to do all content in league with this setup.

Gear used for t16s.

I swap bisco for rare ammy on bosses (yes i know the boots and gloves are legacy, i just didnt have any non leg ones laying around with the corruptions, they dont add any hp or dps).

Theoretical max mf:

Boots: 20 quant
Gloves: 16 quant:
Rings x2: 20quant 110 rarity.
ammy: 20 rarity.

Total: 56/130 (71/160 with ripper, + bisco 171/160 on trash mobs)

For shaper i swapped in dps items in rings, boots and gloves, and i swap in another jewel for blue dream:

MF is not good on shaper runs. Yes i know the maligaro is legacy, you will loose like 5 crit multi with a league one so its not noticable.

The best helmet for this is the new harbinger one: the tempest's binding with barrage enchant. If you can get that then good for you, it is BiS.

Here are the vids.

Chimera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-H76nn4vo
Hydra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHHVypswJ_s
Minotaur: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f7jYWKT17Y
Phoenix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtDqFUjnxSI
Shaper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Np1lC1Pj0c

Oh, i advise you to not run Chimera, its just too hard with this low hp. At least with any damage mods.

Video’s:

T15 first test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_rGHCFsHAQ

More videos will come
Last edited by Lanfear88 on Sep 5, 2017, 4:17:50 PM
Last bumped on Jan 20, 2018, 1:03:20 AM
I really like this guide but now I have a problem
Where now spend points in skilltree
Go to Acrobatics, life, jewel socket, intelligence or maybe refund full tree? :p

my skill tree:

My gear:
Spoiler

Now I have
Life: 3381
tooltip DPS: 18068 (golem + HoI and Wrath(lvl 10))

I will be grateful for any help
"
Go to Acrobatics, life, jewel socket, intelligence or maybe refund full tree? :p

my skill tree:

My gear:
Spoiler

Now I have

Personally I'd go for at least acrobatics, then fill out all the jewel spots
Please excuse my ignorance, but would someone please explain to me the reason for all the melee nodes.
"
Please excuse my ignorance, but would someone please explain to me the reason for all the melee nodes.

The reason is :
"

my skill tree:

My gear:
Spoiler

Now I have

Its up to your personal preference. If you need more survivability id go for acro/phase acro first. I really prefer jewel sockets tho since they are so versatile and give the best of both worlds. i would prefer jewels with life, ias with bows and resists. The resists will help u upgrade your resist ring to a ring with high WED. Ias is just awesome for the gameplay experience, i hate slow stuff. Level your gems up asap. Static elecricity jewel is awesome in the location south east of scion start if you lack good rare jewels.

Next i would upgrade the ammy to one with high wed and crit multi and a sadimas with ele weakness on hit which just helps tremendously with clearing. Do you use inspired learning on the jewel socket to the far east?
The melee nodes is for lioneye's fall yes. The pathing up there also gives alot of strength which help with kaoms strength requirement.

In other news i will make a budget section when Ascendancy hits.
"
Lanfear88 wrote:
Its up to your personal preference. If you need more survivability id go for acro/phase acro first. I really prefer jewel sockets tho since they are so versatile and give the best of both worlds. i would prefer jewels with life, ias with bows and resists. The resists will help u upgrade your resist ring to a ring with high WED. Ias is just awesome for the gameplay experience, i hate slow stuff. Level your gems up asap. Static elecricity jewel is awesome in the location south east of scion start if you lack good rare jewels.

Next i would upgrade the ammy to one with high wed and crit multi and a sadimas with ele weakness on hit which just helps tremendously with clearing. Do you use inspired learning on the jewel socket to the far east?

the first thing to which I wanted to reach in my tree was jewel places for Lioneye's fall and next inspired learning

I would also say that your build is mega fun to play (He gets me a lot of unique and orbs - I have only 83% IIQ and 93% IIR without bow (bow does not include in "MISC" stats?))
generally this is my first "MF"

generally thanks for your help I spent point for acro and +30 int (I rafund later this) next points i will fully spend for jewels

I realy do not like blood rage gem - if there is a replacement to receive frenzy charge?

Also what you think about Scion Ascendancy Class?
Last edited by kapitan_cheshire on Feb 26, 2016, 1:01:18 AM
Scion ascendancy

I'm thinking of going assassin for sure. This makes us pretty much crit capped with Sadima's using the same tree + 3 power charges generated from assassin if my calculations are correct.

Second choices I'm thinking are Elementalist (30% increased cold dmg from golem for more shatter iiq, elemental penetration), Deadeye (pierce, +1 projectile, damage), and Raider (dodge, frenzy generation w/o bloodrage degen, onslaught basically same attack speed bonus from blood rage)

So many choices.
Last edited by illmtk on Feb 26, 2016, 7:36:52 AM
"
"
Lanfear88 wrote:

the first thing to which I wanted to reach in my tree was jewel places for Lioneye's fall and next inspired learning

I would also say that your build is mega fun to play (He gets me a lot of unique and orbs - I have only 83% IIQ and 93% IIR without bow (bow does not include in "MISC" stats?))
generally this is my first "MF"

generally thanks for your help I spent point for acro and +30 int (I rafund later this) next points i will fully spend for jewels

I realy do not like blood rage gem - if there is a replacement to receive frenzy charge?

Also what you think about Scion Ascendancy Class?

Nop, bow MF is not included in misc stats. you generally only get the quantity from trash kills. IIQ is king for currency generation. My record is 3 dropped exalts in a day.

Jewels is a good choice and definetely check out static electricity.

I don't have that big issues with blood rage, but im also lvl 100 and dont care about the rare ocassional death and got a higher hp pool due to legacy kaoms. You could use frenzy gem but thats imo really tedious to keep up. Better alternative for you is probably linking herald of ice to curse on hit and poacher's mark, at least if u dont have ele weakness sadimas.

Scion ascendancy is interesting, and i think scion will remain the best choice in the next patch. Will post more thoughts later.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info