[2.1] 2-Player Build: Icebreaker - Aurasupport

"
ZaM wrote:
I don't think you understand the concept of synergy. P2 is more like a slave than anything.

I see why you would say that. But you realize that in high maps when the mod stacking gets insane, there is no better way to XP/farm than this? For further anecdotal proof, I recall few times I watched HC ladder people reaching 100, almost always it was a party like this, 2-3 people with one of them aura/curse support. The synergy is ridiculously strong, and if we can overlook human ego for a minute, everyone can see how ideally suited it is to accomplishing its objective.

It does the two most important things needed effectively: offense by +dps and defense via auras like Grace/Determination/etc in combo with various curses that help both. Its literally awesome piled on top of awesome.

Of course though not every person like chilling out in POE as aura/support, letting another player handle the deeps while keeping track only of cursing and making sure to stay close. I get that, POE is an arpg after all and sometimes everyone needs to be killing some mobs to find the clickhappy. But after this short time, you realize there's a bit more to it than that, and if you had some crazy goal like getting 100 in HC (I couldn't do that solo, only maybe as duo I could see it), then this is how it's getting done. Gotta appreciate the ingenuity and ability people with varying char backgrounds have to come together in ways like this
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
"
Peripherally wrote:
"
ZaM wrote:
I don't think you understand the concept of synergy. P2 is more like a slave than anything.

I see why you would say that. But you realize that in high maps when the mod stacking gets insane, there is no better way to XP/farm than this? For further anecdotal proof, I recall few times I watched HC ladder people reaching 100, almost always it was a party like this, 2-3 people with one of them aura/curse support. The synergy is ridiculously strong, and if we can overlook human ego for a minute, everyone can see how ideally suited it is to accomplishing its objective.

It does the two most important things needed effectively: offense by +dps and defense via auras like Grace/Determination/etc in combo with various curses that help both. Its literally awesome piled on top of awesome.

Of course though not every person like chilling out in POE as aura/support, letting another player handle the deeps while keeping track only of cursing and making sure to stay close. I get that, POE is an arpg after all and sometimes everyone needs to be killing some mobs to find the clickhappy. But after this short time, you realize there's a bit more to it than that, and if you had some crazy goal like getting 100 in HC (I couldn't do that solo, only maybe as duo I could see it), then this is how it's getting done. Gotta appreciate the ingenuity and ability people with varying char backgrounds have to come together in ways like this

Thank you for the words on that topic. As the Auracurser, I am the one running behind my mate that is punching the ground (icecrash does not punch the mobs actually). It is, as you said, sometimes nothing else than running, cursing, keeping up with sudden changes is direction and activiating vaal haste/grace sometimes.
"
Peripherally wrote:

[...]and if we can overlook human ego for a minute[...]

I could not have said that better ;)
Games are about having fun while playing. Everyone has to find his source of fun, mine is being able to make awesome things work.
Greetings Ramses
Last edited by Ramses303 on Feb 8, 2016, 7:17:07 PM
Will there be an update for the current tree? The link doesnt work anymore.
"
Dragonk1ng wrote:
Will there be an update for the current tree? The link doesnt work anymore.

Oh, hello there. I was almost certain that this guide would have been forgotten about and buried in the depths of the forum. I kept it intact as opposed to deleting it so others might use parts of it for inspiration for their own builds.

I will look in to updating this guide somewhere between now and the end of time.
The marauder didn't change much from the time of posting this guide to now. The support is better off as a templar guardian and I'll be using my own guardian as the reference for the future guide update.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info