THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

"
jjm1998jjm wrote:
Do you need a level 3 and level 4 enlighten to run all auras ? i have a level 2 and 2 more would i need level 3 as well?

No. You only need Enlighten if you are using Empower on your auras. You can run 6 auras, herald of thunder, and blasphemy + curse without any enlighten gems.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 31, 2016, 3:38:33 PM
I am leveling a scion with this tree by using molten strike as main attack and the auras for defense. Till lvl35 all went well, from them I find myself very squishy and I die really easily although dps is at good lvls. Anyone in the same position? Any tips?
"
Hakkius wrote:
I am leveling a scion with this tree by using molten strike as main attack and the auras for defense. Till lvl35 all went well, from them I find myself very squishy and I die really easily although dps is at good lvls. Anyone in the same position? Any tips?

Yes. Level with flame totem in a 6L via tabula rasa and take Ancestral Bond ASAP
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 31, 2016, 4:38:12 PM
After playing this build from 68 to 85 now, i just prefer playing with Molten Strike over Lightning strike overall eben when just clearing maps. The single target damage with Lightning Strike is so abysmall since discharge procs so little.

Obviously Lightning Strike is faster with the aoe it brings when clearing but i just like Molten strike better overall. Is there something im missing? Is it terrible to play with moltn strike over lightning strike?

Also, thoughts on Wondertrap boots? 100% rarity when on low life seems ok while farming easy maps.
Last edited by Essem on Mar 31, 2016, 6:48:15 PM
"
Essem wrote:
After playing this build from 68 to 85 now, i just prefer playing with Molten Strike over Lightning strike overall eben when just clearing maps. The single target damage with Lightning Strike is so abysmall since discharge procs so little.

Obviously Lightning Strike is faster with the aoe it brings when clearing but i just like Molten strike better overall. Is there something im missing? Is it terrible to play with moltn strike over lightning strike?

Also, thoughts on Wondertrap boots? 100% rarity when on low life seems ok while farming easy maps.

Nah you're not missing anything, you have to make a judgment call for yourself if you think your damage is high enough with lightning strike to use it. I got my level 100 on this build doing what you describe - just using molten strike. You just have to pay attention to what you leap slam into!

And yeah, if you're farming easy maps, you can slap on wondertrap and an item rarity gem in mjolner. I have even farmed T8 maps just with dual arc in mjolner and a bunch of MF gear (e.g. Dual andvarius).
Hey, amazing build! Literally my favorite thing about any game ever hah

I have a question.

For me it seems as though molten strike procs mjolner a lot more than lightning strike. Also, when I'm clearing using lightning strike, if there's a rare with no nearby mobs, I struggle to proc discharge/arc. But with molten strike, I can do both packs and rares/bosses without struggling.

I have new mjolner. Is this the reason why? Can i just always use molten strike, or is there a reason you would recommend still using lightning strike?

Thanks for the build and your help!
Last edited by twilightprince on Apr 2, 2016, 2:15:57 AM
"
Hey, amazing build! Literally my favorite thing about any game ever hah

I have a question.

For me it seems as though molten strike procs mjolner a lot more than lightning strike. Also, when I'm clearing using lightning strike, if there's a rare with no nearby mobs, I struggle to proc discharge/arc. But with molten strike, I can do both packs and rares/bosses without struggling.

I have new mjolner. Is this the reason why? Can i just always use molten strike, or is there a reason you would recommend still using lightning strike?

Thanks for the build and your help!

Just saw the response to the above question, which also helps me. Thanks!
Hi,

I wanted your opinion on Hieropanth as asc class choice? Conviction of Power can be very viable to play but then it would become now low life but life based with kingsguard. How much worse do you think is that build/specc?
Why u take fortify with ls if u have it as ascendant?
"
ashaze wrote:
Hi,

I wanted your opinion on Hieropanth as asc class choice? Conviction of Power can be very viable to play but then it would become now low life but life based with kingsguard. How much worse do you think is that build/specc?

I think life based with kingsguard is bad enough compared to this that I have no interest in trying it. You'll be doing somewhere in the ballpark of half the damage at best, and you won't have better survivability. Conviction of power would be like a really bad Voll's Devotion and wouldn't make the class good, in my opinion, even if going life instead of low life.

"
dimanchick wrote:
Why u take fortify with ls if u have it as ascendant?

Because you need to use a red gem (so you can swap in Molten Strike), and even though Fortify is pretty useless, it's the least useless option.

As Ascendant, I would take Fortify out of the Leap Slam link and put in a Vaal Discipline or something like that (or just not use an unset ring).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info