THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

Hello. I liked that build and i want make a mjölner but i still cant decide with some things.
1. How about block? I want to make budget version do the most expensive items can be Aegis Aurora and Shav.
2. How about life? Can i drop Blood magic from tree, go life and reserve mana with vertex?
3. Can i tank everything without voll with this build?
4. What you think about combination berzerk-gladiator and go block with high armor or ES and Aegis Aurora?

Thanks for any replies.
"
Nastrun wrote:
Hello. I liked that build and i want make a mjölner but i still cant decide with some things.
1. How about block? I want to make budget version do the most expensive items can be Aegis Aurora and Shav.
2. How about life? Can i drop Blood magic from tree, go life and reserve mana with vertex?
4. What you think about combination berzerk-gladiator and go block with high armor or ES and Aegis Aurora?

Thanks for any replies.

I'll give you the short answers for now:

1) Block is not necesary for surviving with this build. It's so powerful that investing in block is a waste of time and is counterproductive overall.

2) It is very sub-optimal to drop blood magic and go with mana and life reservation. You won't be able to use as many auras, you will waste gem slots with the Blood Magic gem, and you will have to run a mana pot in half/no regen maps. The Vertex does not affect mana reservation.

3) Nope. You should be fine in mid tier maps without a Voll's Devotion for the most part, but if you want to take this build into difficult red maps and tank everything, Voll's Devotion is a requirement.

4) I think any version of this build attempting to use armor and/or block is inefficient and much less powerful compared to what is there in the OP.

You can make very good Mjolner builds without a Voll's Devotion and with focusing on life/armor/block, but they will be a good bit less powerful than this as of 2.2.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 25, 2016, 6:38:38 PM
Thank you for this guide. I'm giving it a shot. I really want to kill Atziri and can't seem to do it yet. If you can make a video on it, maybe explaining what to do, that would be huge. Thanks.
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Nastrun wrote:

Thanks for any replies.

I'll give you the short answers for now:

1) Block is not necesary for surviving with this build. It's so powerful that investing in block is a waste of time and is counterproductive overall.

2) It is very sub-optimal to drop blood magic and go with mana and life reservation. You won't be able to use as many auras, you will waste gem slots with the Blood Magic gem, and you will have to run a mana pot in half/no regen maps. The Vertex does not affect mana reservation.

3) Nope. You should be fine in mid tier maps without a Voll's Devotion for the most part, but if you want to take this build into difficult red maps and tank everything, Voll's Devotion is a requirement.

4) I think any version of this build attempting to use armor and/or block is inefficient and much less powerful compared to what is there in the OP.

You can make very good Mjolner builds without a Voll's Devotion and with focusing on life/armor/block, but they will be a good bit less powerful than this as of 2.2.

So this is the best, most powerfull mjolner build avaiable? Wow. I just want to be a tank as hell but it's propably impossible without voll. Ah, ok.
What if i will go double arc in mjolner instead of arc and discharge?
As of 2.2, this is the most powerful overall mjolner build by a good margin - the introduction of Vessel of Vinktar solved basically all the defensive weaknesses this build used to have compared to life/block versions of the build, and Repentance Gloves along with the introduction of Blasphemy+Warlord's Mark and the Ascendant class (allowing the use of Lightning Penetration instead of Life Leech) have pushed the DPS far beyond any other current Mjolner build. The only thing it is not the best at (in the realm of Mjolner builds) is farming Uber Atziri.

If you run double Arc you will have garbage single target damage compared to running discharge.
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 25, 2016, 7:31:08 PM
Ok. Thank you. I will make this. My computer will blow up but nvm... Now, i just need to push defensive to the max and i thought Block is the way. So how can i push def to the max without voll?
"
Nastrun wrote:
Ok. Thank you. I will make this. My computer will blow up but nvm... Now, i just need to push defensive to the max and i thought Block is the way. So how can i push def to the max without voll?

If you do not have a Volls Devotion and do not plan to acquire one, you should probably make a different build.

Without Volls Devotion, you can do mmid tier maps just fine by simply pushing your total Energy Shield above about 7-7.5K and having a Vessel of Vinktar flask. But Volls Devotion will give you that extra survivability and damage boost to do well in T12+ maps.
Yeah, i dont want use voll amulet. It's too expensive. So what build would you recommend? Aegis Aurora block or high life and even more armor marauder or another?
"
Nastrun wrote:
Yeah, i dont want use voll amulet. It's too expensive. So what build would you recommend? Aegis Aurora block or high life and even more armor marauder or another?

If you want a GG build on a budget lower than the cost of a volls, you are going to need to look into whatever flavor of the month things are out there... Only ones I have heard any discussion about this league are spark and earthquake
Hey tackle70,

I stopped playing PoE for some time when skill tree jewel sockets patch hit, since it wrecked Mjolner. But before then, I followed and used Tom94 build back in early 2015 on my witch, then found a Atziri's Acuity and tweaked Tom94 build to reflect somewhat of Reoxy - [2.0] Crit Mjölner.
Spoiler
Reoxy - [2.0] Crit Mjölner - Stupidly Expensive and Fun. **UBER DOWN** https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1023816/page/1

Do you think this build is viable with Atziri's Acuity and some tweaks (Not taking Resolute Technique and etc...)or is my Acuity doomed to take up dust and I should just come accustomed to Repentance Crusader Gloves?

I understand the power and suitability this build has and am wondering if trying to use Acuity with crit focus will stray too far from the potential power Repentance Crusader Gloves brings and end up with a weaker/less effective build... o_O
Last edited by patrickcampbe21 on Mar 26, 2016, 4:18:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info