THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

have your ever considered switching haste for elemental weakness or conductivity?

the upside would be that we need a lot less dex since haste requires so much. it also takes up slighty less mana.

i am not sure if a second aura curse would be more beneficial for our dps.
IGN: Kitaen
Last edited by Kitaen on Mar 11, 2016, 5:38:57 AM
Berseker Analysis is finally done whew, here we go.........

The Berseker gives you stupid amounts of damage. That is basically the summary of playing a berseker. Going as a berserker will cause you deal extreme amounts of damage that far exceed that of a crit mjolner, without any of the inconsistency. But is it worth the cost?

Lets break down the ascendancy nodes:
Spoiler

1) CRAVE THE SLAUGHTER. This is a fantastic node overall for end game content. The move speed bonus for not being damaged recently works great when travelling from pack to pack in maps. Then when you do take damage, from fighting packs or single targets, the bonus attack speed helps to ramp up your damage output. Nothing much else to say, this node works great.

2) ASPECT OF CARNAGE. This is the node that defines the berseker, as it is what enables you to bring your dps to an even higher level.Take a look at my 4 power charge and 4 endurance charge discharge damage without any of the damage increasing passive nodes being taken.

This means you can choose to pick the standard damage nodes to achieve the highest possible dps of any ascendancy or you can pick up more defensive passives (in place of the damage passives) and have your damage still be ridiculously high. Both ways work equally well. However, this isnt a purely bonus node, there is a trade off of 10% increased damage taken. This means that things like corpse explosions, voll slams, vessel slams and malachai slams becoming even more deadly. Fortunately, if you have fortify active, you will still take a net 10% reduced damage from hits, but you still need to take some precautions. Overall, you wont really die from more things due to the increased damage taken, as long as you have fortify up. Just make sure to trigger fortify as much as possible and be slightly more mindful of huge sources of incoming damage. In practice, my map clearing speed became faster, yet I did not see myself dying more.

3) PAIN REAVER. This gives a free 2% life leech if you have killed any enemy recently. In generic mapping its great, as you will have almost 100% up time on it. This makes this node great for reflect maps as the bonus leech is invaluable for surviving. However, when facing single targets, this node is almost useless. Thankfully, a legacy VoV is more than enough sustain for almost all single target encounters. Honestly speaking though, its a rather consistent mapping survival bonus and it helps to compensate for the increased damage you take from ASPECT OF CARNAGE. Therefore, it is still worth picking up this node.

4) RITE OF RUIN. Frankly speaking, the stun immunity if you have killed recently is rather bad as it makes getting stun locked by bigger bosses almost guaranteed. Fur consistency with single target, you will still run unwavering stance. The reduced damage taken is quite nice, but as the stun immunity is wasted, its more worthwhile to pick up PAIN REAVER.

5) CLOAKED IN SAVAGERY. Avoid this node, as you will never trigger this effect as a low-life ES build. The effect only works if 20% of your life (not ES) gets removed in a single hit.

6) WAR BRINGER. Avoid this as well. We do not use war cries and the life and mana recovery is useless for low-life.

Final Verdict:
Spoiler
Overall, as long as you can play with some level of caution and awareness, you will be able to maximize the benefit of the berseker, which is unprecedented damage output. In practice, a seasoned player can take down Core Malachai with no issues. (I died thrice though :P) The increased damage taken doesnt really mean much at the end of the day. You will still die to the same things like malchai slam, with or without ASPECT OF CARNAGE. The main difference is, you will be pounding the boss into the ground even faster as a berserker. Thus the Berseker is an extremely strong ascendancy that greatly raises the damage ceiling of this build. However, I would still recommend this Ascendancy for more advanced players, as the skill floor is somewhat higher.

- Top Tier Damage Dealer for Experienced Players
Last edited by iSo1iD on Mar 13, 2016, 6:23:43 AM
On a side note, it seems that the Ancestral Protector Attack Speed bug has been fixed. Previously it gave much less attack speed than it should have (it seems to give increased attack speed previously instead of more), but now its working properly. Give it a go again, you might like it.
"
Kitaen wrote:
have your ever considered switching haste for elemental weakness or conductivity?

the upside would be that we need a lot less dex since haste requires so much. it also takes up slighty less mana.

i am not sure if a second aura curse would be more beneficial for our dps.

From Haste, you get ~10% more attack speed when all is said and done, as well as 14% increased movement speed. Putting in Elemental Weakness or Conductivity would provide more than a +10% multiplier to your damage vs normal mobs, and would wind up being a little bit better than +10% vs bosses. The downside would be that you'd get no benefit in curse immune maps, you'd have to spend 3 passive points on the Whispers of Doom notable (though you'd probably save 1-3 points on dex nodes), and you wouldn't get the extra movement speed.

Up to you if you think that trade off is worth it. Personally, I think Haste is better.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 11, 2016, 10:44:41 AM
also its best to switch ur gems to Life leech on Arc and discharge
and run ele weakness on blasphemy so u dont have leeching problems vs immune curses on mobs and immune curse maps
"
beamen wrote:
and run ele weakness on blasphemy so u dont have leeching problems vs immune curses on mobs and immune curse maps

This is only a good idea if you are undergeared (no Vinktar flask)/underleveled (have so little ES that you can 1-shot yourself to reflect) and also not playing as Ascendant.

As Ascendant, the 1.5% leech from Berserker means you never need to use a Life Leech in Mjolner.

If you are not playing as Ascendant but you have a Vinktar flask, you also do not need to use Life Leech in Mjolner for curse immune maps so long as you are mindful of using your vinktar flask. I've done even curse immune ele reflect maps without too many problems by using Saffel's Frame and being careful with Vinktar use.
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 12, 2016, 12:00:46 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
beamen wrote:

This is only a good idea if you are undergeared (no Vinktar flask)/underleveled (have so little ES that you can 1-shot yourself to reflect) and also not playing as Ascendant.

As Ascendant, the 1.5% leech from Berserker means you never need to use a Life Leech in Mjolner.

If you are not playing as Ascendant but you have a Vinktar flask, you also do not need to use Life Leech in Mjolner for curse immune maps so long as you are mindful of using your vinktar flask. I've done even curse immune ele reflect maps without too many problems by using Saffel's Frame and being careful with Vinktar use.

i was looking at ur gems set up and i saw u have warlord's mark thats why i was wondering lol, but yeah good point.
"
beamen wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
beamen wrote:

i was looking at ur gems set up and i saw u have warlord's mark thats why i was wondering lol, but yeah good point.

I left Warlord's Mark in my gem setup mostly because it's not a bad option even as Ascendant and it's more or less the best option for everything else. Since I use the same gear to test each class, it just doesn't make a lot of sense for me to bother changing it.

If I were going to spend some serious time leveling an Ascendant to level 100, I would probably swap it for Ele Weakness, Enfeeble, or Temporal Chains.
Its been a few days since i posted my Berserker review and I have started to realize that he more I play as the Berserker, the more I love it over the occultist.

Whilst never having to fear dying feels great (as an occultist), it just doesnt have that same satisfying ferocity of the Berseker. Watching my arcs and discharges tear through the tankiest of mobs with even greater ease just feels so gratifying. Not to mention the great improvement to clear speed and the added leech for reflect maps. I am almost tempted to say that due to the Berserker, the Marauder might actually eclipse the Witch as my favorite non-scion class.
Last edited by iSo1iD on Mar 13, 2016, 6:38:56 AM
Hello!

After washing out on my first three characters I decided to come to the forums and find some guidance. I really like this build but something stuck out to me that I don't understand. It's mostly about the skill tree and leveling. I understand initially you'd want to invest in dual flame totem build. But I'm concerned about what THAT build looks like and how i'd transition it into the rainbow nuke build.

Sorry for noobing up an otherwise insightful (and long) thread!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info