THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

Hey man, I have been following your thread for sometime lurking around. Im working on improving the build. While playing, i found one really frustrating problem and that was if i Desynch or lagged(hitting the air) for awhile, i will run out of life totally. This usually results in my death.

Also another problem is that while leap slam is awesome for us, we cant really take advantage of it, as being Vaal pact, we have totally no way of regening hp short of tping back.(I only have 44 life left to use skills with Enlighten lvl 2)

I have been experimenting with elreon rings to solve this issue and it's definitely so much better.
Was very lucky to craft this with yolo regal. With -8 ring, and replacing fortify(you don't need it anymore with Scion champion spec) with a minimum lvl 19 reduced mana, viola, you get free lightning strike! As for molten strike, it costs 12 life per attack, down from 20 per attack. With that you can take out one of those life gain on hit jewel for a sweet 20%+ dmg 8% energy shield jewel. Also, leap slam becomes 9 life per cast, which means you can spam a lot more compared to before. Of course this is a very late game option, and should only be something to look into if you are really into minmaxing the build.
Last edited by lordangelic on Mar 7, 2016, 3:05:14 PM
"
lordangelic wrote:
Hey man, I have been following your thread for sometime lurking around. Im working on improving the build. While playing, i found one really frustrating problem and that was if i Desynch or lagged(hitting the air) for awhile, i will run out of life totally. This usually results in my death.

Also another problem is that while leap slam is awesome for us, we cant really take advantage of it, as being Vaal pact, we have totally no way of regening hp short of tping back.(I only have 44 life left to use skills with Enlighten lvl 2)

I have been experimenting with elreon rings to solve this issue and it's definitely so much better.
Was very lucky to craft this with yolo regal. With -8 ring, and replacing fortify(you don't need it anymore with Scion champion spec) with a minimum lvl 19 reduced mana, viola, you get free lightning strike! As for molten strike, it costs 12 life per attack, down from 20 per attack. With that you can take out one of those life gain on hit jewel for a sweet 20%+ dmg 8% energy shield jewel. Also, leap slam becomes 9 life per cast, which means you can spam a lot more compared to before. Of course this is a very late game option, and should only be something to look into if you are really into minmaxing the build.

Yeah in many ways a GG Elreon ring is exactly what you would want on this build, for the reasons you state. Leap Slam, unless playing a Trickster, is mostly only useful on the build at this point for closing the distance on a boss (or leaping away from a boss's slam) and that's it.

The only reason I didn't recommend it in the gear section is because to get an Elreon ring of comparable quality to this:

would be absolutely insanely expensive (or lucky), but perhaps I should rethink the lack of mention for Elreon jewelry.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 7, 2016, 3:20:15 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
lordangelic wrote:

Yeah in many ways a GG Elreon ring is exactly what you would want on this build, for the reasons you state. Leap Slam, unless playing a Trickster, is mostly only useful on the build at this point for closing the distance on a boss (or leaping away from a boss's slam) and that's it.

The only reason I didn't recommend it in the gear section is because to get an Elreon ring of comparable quality to this:

would be absolutely insanely expensive (or lucky), but perhaps I should rethink the lack of mention for Elreon jewelry.

Well I was thinking that it would be pretty expensive when i thought of this solution too! To my surprise, i found a lot of -8 rings for 1 chaos each, so I bought like 20 of them. Then regaled all of them, 3 turned out to be really GG, another 5 turned out to be usable. So honestly, the chances arent really so bad, unless you are adamant about hitting absolutely the highest tier on each line. It turned out to be a pretty good option, especially if you factor in the profit I can potentially earn by selling the other unused rings.

But other than that, glad to see the low life mjolner build being restored to its former glory. I used to be be a low life crit mjolner player and it was absolutely wrecking shit. Alas, the fun did not last, 2.1 came and totally gutted my build. To be honest, at this point, it has far surpassed the original 2.0 rainbownuke. I think just minmaxing a bit more and optimizing here and there and it should be able to trivialize all of the end game content.
Last edited by lordangelic on Mar 7, 2016, 4:00:56 PM
As I suspected, Ascendant is capable of doing Uber without too much trouble now.

proof

Use Saffel's Frame and Conc Effect for the Atziri fight, stay the hell away from her double flameblast, and don't save K'aj A'alai (the spike storm one) for last during the trio fight.

I'm so slow and sloppy at the fight that I wind up dying to stupid stuff, but if I can get a deathless run I'll post it.
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 8, 2016, 1:44:47 PM
oh and run two staunching flasks for the trio fight... you've been warned ;)
"
tackle70 wrote:
oh and run two staunching flasks for the trio fight... you've been warned ;)

Gratz on the Uber kill.
tackle70,

I want to say thanks to you and your build. It returned me into POE world last year.

But i have a question, i feel that i dont have survivability, some monsters make me cry sometimes

Please can you look at my gear and say where are my mistakes ?

Spoiler

NOTE: I know that i have problems with links in Shavr and collors in bots and shild, i'm trying to fix it ASAP
And sorry for my English
"
IIyIIa wrote:
tackle70,

I want to say thanks to you and your build. It returned me into POE world last year.

But i have a question, i feel that i dont have survivability, some monsters make me cry sometimes

Please can you look at my gear and say where are my mistakes ?

Spoiler

NOTE: I know that i have problems with links in Shavr and collors in bots and shild, i'm trying to fix it ASAP
And sorry for my English

Hi IIyIIa,

Just some quick observations,

1) You can squeeze out some more ES is you craft an *increased maximum energy shield* mod on your ring instead of *increased elemental resists*. In general, I would recommend upgrading your ring to one that provides the necessary attributes, whilst also not having useless stats like mana or evasion.

2) Aim to get your Purity of Lightning, Fire, Ice to Level 23 for the bonus 1% max resist. This can easily be achieved achieved through having level 21 gems linked to a level 3 empower or level 20 gems linked to a level 4 empower. The +5% max resist from level 23 purities will then be able to scaled to +8% max resist through having 60%+ increased aura effect from the passive tree.

3) Try to find a way to add permanent Fortify to your build. The quickest way is link a fortify support gem to your leap slam. The Champion node scion ascendancy can also help to achieve quite consistent fortify uptime as well.

4) I'm not sure whether you forgot to link your 5th flask, but be sure to have a shock removal flask to use in conjunction with Vessel of Vinktar.

5) In general your gem placement is weird, try to emulate the set up Tackle posted in the original post as much as possible.

6) Linking your passive tree will enable use to see if you made any mistakes when allotting passives. Also, link the jewels that you are utilizing. Additionally , if you can explain what scenarios/situations are causing trouble for you, we will be able to help identify a solution.
Last edited by iSo1iD on Mar 9, 2016, 9:13:33 AM
+1 to iSo1id's advice

I'd say your gem setup could be optimized a bit... try to emulate my gem setup minus the empower. You shouldn't need the crazy level 4 enlighten or a 6L shavs if you aren't empowering auras, and the empower is really a luxury and not a necessity. In particular, I'd try linking Blasphemy with your Warlord's Mark so that you have extra leech for more survivability.

Also, what are you dying to? Your gear looks pretty top-notch (the ring looks good to me... the STR/DEX rolls are great even though I don't think you have a prefix open to craft %ES) so if I had to hazard a guess, I'd guess you are dying to bleeds (perhaps among other things), since I don't see a staunching flask in your setup. A LOT of this build's survivability comes from its flasks - they are not an optional thing.

Make sure you have a staunching, grounding, and heat flask in your flask setup (you already have the heat flask), because shock/freeze/bleed is deadly:

Also, a couple suggestions based on your passive tree:
1) You need at LEAST one more jewel with Life Gain on Hit, preferably two.
2) If you are getting stunned, pick up Unwavering Stance ASAP. Because this build relies on leech for survivability, stun is incredibly dangerous (since you cannot leech when stunned).
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 9, 2016, 9:36:49 AM
1. I have 7.2k ES , but i know that more is better :)

2. I am planning to add fortify into my shild today

3. My 5th flask is not forgotten , it is the life flask due to molten strike takes tons of HP

4. My passive tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAQDBAecCXwOWDXwOPBBiEQ8RUBRxFVAXLxmKGo8bJR0UHU8gbiW8J6kqOC0fNbk26DpSOw07KEZxSVFJsUuuTLNQMFXWWfNca1yKX2pfsGBDYN5hUmTnZlRmnmhlbRluPW-ecg9yqXvXfNl-WX6vf8aApIMJhEiEU4TFhmCMdo0Zj0aP-pMnlG-VIJqum6GbtaEvoqOkDKcIpyunMKyYrKq0DLcxvoC-isHFwfPDOsNtykrK09DQ18_ZW9lf2t3bT9te3Yzfv-AS4MPpAuoY6rrsGO9O74jv6-_98NXz3fba9zL31_jr-Tf60vsJ

5. I cannot link my jewels, but i can add stats

Spoiler

The First
1. 14% Increase Physical DMG
2. 14% Increase Lightning DMG
3. 15% Increase Lightning Resistance
4. +8 to Str and Int

The Second
1. 6% Increase Attck Speed
2. +3 Life gained on hit
3. +12 Str

The Third