Development Manifesto: Utility Flasks for Ascendancy

Don't make Fortify necessary. Just reduce the monster damage back down. It's stupid that GGG increased it, then gave us fortify. By practically the same amount too.
Make mana costs of skills cheaper by 70 percent. Clarity is bad, mana is bad. EB Mom zo is terrible.
Fix leech, both life and mana. More, and faster.
Remove Vaal Pact entirely. It's your main contention with leech anyway, just nix it.
Increase the max resistance for casters, increase physical reduction for melee chars. Adding worthwhile implicit mods with only 1 active per char easily solve this. Plus, it's thematic.
Buff the crap out of chest pieces. Double or more on all the stats. Uniques are too easy to abuse... still.
Can we get a good defensive and offensive aura that aren't Grace and Hatred? They are too ubiquitous. How about split auras? 1 percent life regen and 2 k flat armor for example.
Please change the entire tree. For real, the tree is the least changed it's been in about 2 years. Every build feels and looks the same. Every pathing is the same.
Increase the amount of dex/int/str that each little pathing node gives the player. 12+ is a good start. 15 would be better. It's extremely painful trying to get enough int to be crit while playing ranger... and what ranger isn't going crit? On that same thought, how about crit and non crit specific nodes for damage increases? For example, a + 50 percent damage and 10 AS but you can't crit, have a few nodes with drawbacks but big bonuses. They make the game more fun to plan.
The new skills with the theme of "it casts like 4 seconds after you do it, well after everything has already hit you, also after you are dead, and they all move past that point." Are poorly designed. Too slow. It's a speed game, always had been.
The quantity of life nodes necessary for making builds greatly reduces the diversity, i.e. fun, that is available. Give more life, either in nodes or in player life. Or, just take the first suggestion and reduce the damage back down.
Fix tooltips to reflect area damage jewels and penetration gems please?
New base items were good. More of that is better. MORE and more powerful unique imlicits. 2 percent move speed and 4 percent aoe is not worthwhile... at all.
New and more monsters, fun mechanics and stuff.
How about some good uniques? There really aren't many good unique coming at at all anymore. How about a unique for killing Malachai? Just a low level one, but something super useful and ubiquitous? I'm thinking of those uniques that sell like candy for 1 chaos in the beginning of the leagues. He is still pretty overtuned, and makes the next two acts in a higher difficulty a literal joke in comparison, even after ~4 nerfs.
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
YES!

Everyone, we did it! NO LEGACY!

"
Other than changes to Unique Flasks, these changes affect existing Utility Flasks that your characters have (no legacy versions are created).

Thanks Chris! Thanks Devs! Thanks GGG! No legacy!!

Even if that mean no legacy for Utility Flasks, still it's FIRST STEP FOR REMOVING LEGACY ITEMS FROM GAME! HURRAY!

Best changes to me and all community, good to see GGG can hear us, awesome.

Now we should do our best to make GGG change Melee so they can be viable and useful, we must help GGG with melee buff.

Chris, please take a look on melee and buff them, make Marauder, Duelist more useful classes and better node. Right now they worst when comparing with other class.

And melee overage much weaker, so maybe you can change it?

actually there will be legacy. read what Chris put again. Other than changes to Unique Flasks, these changes affect existing Utility Flasks.
that means other than unique flasks, meaning any changes to unique flasks will create legacy versions. all other flasks (other than unique) will not create legacy though.

this says two things. #1 that there will be changes to both flasks, and #2 that legacy unique flasks will be created.

so stock pile on cheap legacy flasks now so you can sell them for a ton later
Maybe not ...

Existing Unique Flasks which don't have high usability have been improved where necessary to make sure they are still desirable choices. An example is Lion's Roar, which now has more than one use per full flask.

It might stick to this text above and not legacy. Any dev can clear this?

"
TreeOfDead wrote:
YES!

"
Other than changes to Unique Flasks, these changes affect existing Utility Flasks that your characters have (no legacy versions are created).

Even if that mean no legacy for Utility Flasks, still it's FIRST STEP FOR REMOVING LEGACY ITEMS FROM GAME! HURRAY!

Best changes to me and all community, good to see GGG can hear us, awesome.

Now we should do our best to make GGG change Melee so they can be viable and useful, we must help GGG with melee buff.

Chris, please take a look on melee and buff them, make Marauder, Duelist more useful classes and better node. Right now they worst when comparing with other class.

And melee overage much weaker, so maybe you can change it?

LoL... wtf is this serious?

Goofballs these days SMH
Always looking for people to game with, Hit me up!! Thanks for the great game GGG..

As I ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴜʀᴀɪ sᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ sᴛᴏᴍᴀᴄʜ ᴀs I ᴡᴀs ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴍɪᴛ Seppuku, I ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ Kʀɪᴘᴘ ᴘʟᴀʏ Cᴀsᴜᴀʟsᴛᴏɴᴇ. I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ Kʀɪᴘ ᴡᴀs Nᴏʟɪғᴇ. ɴᴏᴡ I ᴀᴍ Nᴏʟɪғᴇ. ɢᴏᴏᴅ ʙʏᴇ ᴋʀɪᴘᴘ ▬▬ι════════ﺤ
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
YES!

"

Legacy items are part of the fun in the game. If you dont want to use legacy items you are free to not use them :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info