XCOM 2: WELCOME COMMANDERS!

"
No it wasn't, it was me being a fuckwit again.

Guess I'll bite the bullet on that one.

Also: 3 quote limit =/

The speed of combat is relatively fast. You're a resistance group, so most actions you are involved in fast paced action. Most missions have a turn count. So every action made has to count. Enemies don't give you breaks, they want you dead, and they'll damn sure hit you with a crit past full cover.
Think of it like this: You're in, get job done without getting anyone killed the best you can, get the FUCK out.

Seriously, a critical through a fuckin full cover tree........
Unique Map Making~

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1174961

I like music. Do you like music? Cause I sure as hell like a lot of random music.
"
SerythXavier wrote:
"

Guess I'll bite the bullet on that one.

Also: 3 quote limit =/

The speed of combat is relatively fast. You're a resistance group, so most actions you are involved in fast paced action. Most missions have a turn count. So every action made has to count. Enemies don't give you breaks, they want you dead, and they'll damn sure hit you with a crit past full cover.
Think of it like this: You're in, get job done without getting anyone killed the best you can, get the FUCK out.

Seriously, a critical through a fuckin full cover tree........

I'm having another go with Enemy Unknown at the moment, and the pace feels better than I remember. My first time round I was playing far too carefully I think, worried about loosing troops or getting them injured.

But yeah, it still isn't drawing me in like the old ones did, and still do actually. I've loaded up an old UFO save game to replay the final "assault the cydonia base" mission again, and it is still awesome.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"

Apologies.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I was looking forward to this but considering I jumped in to X-Com: Enemy Unknown/Within well after Enemy Within was released and that it still has numerous annoying bugs... makes me think waiting it out again would be wise. Better to pay half the price and deal with the bugs than to pay full price and deal with 'em.

Basically their track record isn't impressive enough to make me want to go out and buy their sequel the moment it is released.

Don't get me wrong, X-Com: Enemy Within is a very fun game even with the bugs, it'd just've been nice if they ya'know, got rid of the bugs.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Feb 7, 2016, 5:40:01 AM
"
The TotalBiscuit WTF is... looks good, but I don't think I'll be getting this one. I didn't finish the first, for some reason I couldn't quite get into it.

Slightly weird, since I played the shit out of the originals (sans Apocalypse).

the originals are way better than these reboots imo (well ok I havent played the newest one yet, but nothing Ive seen so far dispels that notion)
Last edited by grepman on Feb 7, 2016, 5:05:58 PM
The game is getting mixed reviews from the community. Apparently it has lot of bugs and also developers put arbitrary time limits on most of the missions.

Will probably wait for a sale and mods to fix all the problems before I get it.
Last edited by miljan on Feb 7, 2016, 8:12:48 PM
"
miljan wrote:
The game is getting mixed reviews from the community. Apparently it has lot of bugs and also developers put arbitrary time limits on most of the missions.

Will probably wait for a sale and mods to fix all the problems before I get it.

I think it's very good in its current state, but bug-fixing and modding will make the game even better!
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/
all the cheap shit in the game turns me off

missing an alien that has 1 hp left, at point-blank range, with a %99 chance to hit and failing the mission

doing an entire mission successfully stealthily and then at the very end there is a bullshit scripted event that just auto alerts every alien on the map to your presence because God forbid that you should just take the mission objective and leave undetected - NO! You have to kill everything anyway even though that was not one of the objectives!

getting hit from across the fucking map, behind cover and dying

trying to finish scanning a map objective and having 40000000000 fucking random things keep popping up demanding your immediate attention in 3 dozen different spots!

game definitely had potential, but there is just too much bullshit in it at this point
Last edited by Darkfyre on Feb 9, 2016, 8:57:17 AM
That's XCOM Baby.

Indeed, it does have a lot of bugs, but that's most performance issues. It's having a memory leak somewhere.

But humans and aliens seeing through floors and doors. THAT'S a bug.

Those arbitrary time limits only mean something early in the game. As for 'stealthing' a mission, I've done it. Rushed everyone to the VIP holding cell building, but the guards decided to walk around the building. Rushed everyone inside, by the back door, where the EVAC was. Threw a grenade, broke open the holding cell without hacking the door (which I find a little broken), and engaged the first pod outside. Mimic Beacon. Second pod that walked away before engaged, but everyone shot at the beacon. Everyone rushed into Evac zone. Mission complete in 5 turns, 2 enemies dead, got the hell out of dodge.
Unique Map Making~

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1174961

I like music. Do you like music? Cause I sure as hell like a lot of random music.
Finished it (:

http://imgur.com/a/siJbl my stats o.o
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info