Revealing the Secrets - LA

"
Rupenus wrote:

Barrage is best again Aegis builds

I understand that Barrage + Point Blank is very good again melee, but can it compete with other range builds, again LA for example?
i'd be using barrage in mirror match. with LA you cant namelock, but with cwdt flame dash / barrage if you namelock, you teleport next to your opponent with flamedash before secondary damage applies on you and you can get big advantage there and probably kill your opponent easily.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
in this 2.2 patch, we have 51% penetration

38 from gem
8 from arcing blows
6 from Forces of Nature

you can get additional 6% on your boots.

this makes total 57 penetration. this is almost as good as inquisitor, and on top of that as i stated in main post +1 arrow is the best buff can happen to this build.

just this penetration is simply 50% damage buff. moreover, i got like 45% damage buff from new tree/pierce gem.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAAHRBS0FtQYjCIkNjQ5IEYERlhPaFr8Z1xqNIXYi6iP2JP0mlSoLLlMwcTB8MfoylDY9N9Q51DpCOrNDMUd-Sn1LeEz_TZJOKlFHVUtW-lsmW69daF3yYeJiWmKsY6dlTWyMbWxwUnGhdO11y3X9dvd673sUfXV_An8rf_uEb4TZhs6HdonTjDaNfY1-jb-PT5OVlQWa8Z2qoJ-hIqGkokCm4KfUrTOv67EBsTC1CLVIu-O9Nr6nwTPEosqpzZjN6tNv037UI9RC2cbawd1G3ajfmOHb45_nVOd06NbqYu0_7g7vevT4_MX-uv7I_94=?accountName=Rupenus&characterName=FanonFlower

this is tree im using at the moment.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Mar 8, 2016, 4:21:44 AM
"
Rupenus wrote:
in this 2.2 patch, we have 51% penetration

38 from gem
8 from arcing blows
6 from Forces of Nature

you can get additional 6% on your boots.

this makes total 57 penetration. this is almost as good as inquisitor, and on top of that as i stated in main post +1 arrow is the best buff can happen to this build.

just this penetration is simply 50% damage buff. moreover, i got like 45% damage buff from new tree/pierce gem.

Now you can namelock with +1 arrow from Deadeye :) Still, it's very stupid again conversion talisman, as penetration gem has no effect
Edit: how can we get 6% additional on boots?
Last edited by H0X9 on Mar 8, 2016, 4:45:40 AM
lets do the math against conversion talisman,

non conversion talisman:

100 damage - (resistance - penetration): 100 - (75 - (38+8+6+6): 81 damage. %81 damage effectiveness. 19 damage reduction from resistances total.

50% light damage converted to X ->

100 damage gonna be separated to 2, 50x2.

Lightning first: 50 x 81% effetiveness: 40.5 damage. lightning part does 40.5.

50 converted to other ele type->

6 from boots, 6 from natural force, 12 penetration; 75-12-> 63 resistance total. 37% effectiveness.

50x 0.37: 19.5 damage. converted part does 19.5.

total:
49.5 + 19.5:
60 damage

80 / 60 has 33% difference exactly.

so its just 33% damage reduction. my amulet gives me 40% more damage, accuracy and more. since my damage is overkill and has 1 shot potential im using mirrored ammy. having 14000-32000 base damage with 550 multi makes me think that 33% reduction is not a big punishment to my build.

no need to say i can convert my damage to cold too and things can get really complicated for the opponent.

before 2.2 conversion talismans were very good but now we have a lot penetration in tree/in boots.
Last edited by Rupenus on Mar 8, 2016, 6:22:12 AM

luck luck luck. still i'd go for dmg penetration.

we can also get +1 projectile with barrage.

224k town dps. it used to be 118k with LMP in 2.1. 154k without LMP in 2.1

we can say from 118k to 224k, our damage is buffed almost 95%

and we have now 40% more penetration.

i didnt add the 30% more multiplier which comes from 'powerful precision' to my calculations too.

i tested my dps, without wall it hits for like 7k-10.5k now.

Last edited by Rupenus on Mar 8, 2016, 7:45:23 AM
"
Rupenus wrote:

we can say from 118k to 224k, our damage is buffed almost 95%

and we have now 40% more penetration.

i didnt add the 30% more multiplier which comes from 'powerful precision' to my calculations too.

i tested my dps, without wall it hits for like 7k-10.5k now.

You can use 4 points to get 40% pierce from tree, combine with "powerful precision", we have enough pierce chance, so you can use Elemental Focus instead of Pierce gem
Last edited by H0X9 on Mar 8, 2016, 8:49:23 AM
mirrored item colors cant change you know ^^

getting those points costs me 4 points, 30% more + points + abiity to shock compared to 50% more, is kinda hard decision to make.
Last edited by Rupenus on Mar 8, 2016, 10:13:01 AM
"
Rupenus wrote:
mirrored item colors cant change you know ^^

getting those points costs me 4 points, 30% more + points + abiity to shock compared to 50% more, is kinda hard decision to make.

Again 10k+ health builds, you can't shock them anyway. And I forgot about the "can't change socket colors" thing :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info