[2.5] Summon Raging Inferno ( 6L flame golems) - atziri 5L - 5 curse support!

Looking good Stekerz! I too found that occasionally when in an insane clearspeed party, staying alive and maintaining good use of curses is the most important. While golems may not beat top end builds for damage/ clearspeed, they stay consistently strong through all tiers of maps.

Now about lightning golems, I had originally planned to give it a try, but judging from the comments so far, I wont have to =P

Go Flame Golems go!
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
I just realized that on kill effects (mainly enchants "if you killed recently") actually work with the build. If I'm not mistaken if enemy is killed by burn (even cased by minion/totem/trap/mine) it count as your kill. That's the reason why we often have power charges.

Spoiler
Curse numbers. My version of the tree, helmet enchant, against normal monsters.

Projectile Weakness:
90.06% increased damage taken from projectiles (monsters take increased damage, so it is basically 90% more multiplier)
79% chance to pierce, 38.5% chance to knockback

Enfeeble:
55.18% reduced damage dealt
89% reduced accuracy, 64.08% reduced crit chance
-70.2% to crit multiplier

Last edited by SteKrz on May 4, 2016, 6:09:24 AM
I'm fairly confident that flame golems are far superior to lightning. Dont get me wrong, the little lightning orbs are decent, but flame golem just decimates everything on the screen.
What about linking fortify with cyclone or dominating blow since it's all about being in the thick of things? Could also have some lightning damage from a piece of gear so you don't need to use a spell to proc elemental equilibrium.
Last edited by Ghoulz666 on May 10, 2016, 8:03:46 PM
I took Stekrz suggestion and use fortify with leap slam/animated guardian. works great!
I really like gmp ball lightning for applying curses though. It really gets the job done.
"
DreamScythe wrote:
I took Stekrz suggestion and use fortify with leap slam/animated guardian. works great!
I really like gmp ball lightning for applying curses though. It really gets the job done.

I have never been a fan of fortify leap slam. Especially with almost no attack speed investment. That one second you lock yourself into one area can be your last. I like being able to kite around something then get in a quick hit.

Right now when I get a better aura setup, but I'm just using one aura and x2 blasphemy atm. Still trying to improve gear and gem sockets to suit multiple needs.
"
Ghoulz666 wrote:
I have never been a fan of fortify leap slam. Especially with almost no attack speed investment.

I agree. The thing is, I do have attack speed investment. I highly value responsiveness of the character (for example i took 6% attack and cast speed over 5% life). In total: 26% from tree, 10% from jewels. Add 20% from onslaught flask, 55% from the gem. Even without a Brightbeak that is pretty fast leap slam. Faster than running with quicksilver of adrenaline (I hate 10% movement speed on Windscream boots) .
Last edited by SteKrz on May 16, 2016, 2:26:15 PM
Shame lightning golem sucks super hard. Hope DEVs buff it a little.

Even the triple chaos golem I was messing with cleared faster. Along with poison the guys are pretty fun to watch em charge in and melt things. The ascendancy node that makes minions leave poison clouds on death. Recast em while they're in the thick of it for a little extra damage.
Just curious why Fire Penetration is not used in the 6L setup?
with all the -resist from curses, it is not necessary
Last edited by DreamScythe on Jun 4, 2016, 1:31:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info