I have to say it...PoE is better then Diablo 2

Now, you all forget that Diablo (1) was better than Diablo 2.
Is PoE better than Diablo 2? Not sure. I surely did play a lot Diablo 2, but I've also got a shitload of hours on PoE.

At the moment, however, I like PoE better.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Pewzor wrote:
PoE is better than a 16 year old game. Good Job GGG.

It's kinda funny to see Diablo hate on PoE forum as well. Considering DEVs in this game said PoE is heavily inspired by Diablo 2 because how much they loved Diablo 2, and they wanted to design a Diablo 2 that goes by their own rules not blizzard's.

This means if there was no Diablo 2, PoE would be very unlikely to have ever been made in the first place.

The 2 games are not really comparable as Diablo 2 is like the daddy/mommy of PoE...

D2 back in it's time was "major success" where almost every computer gamers owns a copy and was playing it.

PoE is a great game but it's not a major hit like Diablo 2, there are very few gamers play or even heard of PoE. PoE is just one of the niche game that serves a very specific group of people. PoE is however fortunately blessed by the lack of good alternatives in it's category, as most games are moved to the more "instant gratification" playstyle PoE kinda stood the ground and kept the game grindy as fuck and barely acceptable to most people with "life".

PoE fulfills a small group of players right now, D2 was THE ARPG to play back in the days. They are not comparable.

Sorry if people gets offended when I call this game niche... because there's no better terms to describe PoE.

A major hit is something like Diablo 3 which was WILDLY criticized but it still didn't stop them from selling millions and millions of copies as well as millions of their expansion packs.

D3 is definitely financially more profitable than PoE by many many folds but that doesn't mean PoE isn't "better" than Diablo 3 (especially to PoE junkies that somehow still enjoy spending hundreds of hours ingame per week without a single drop of anything worthwhile).

1. I made this topic and I personally never said anything hateful about Diablo 2. I said its the most influential ARPG ever made.

Its a fantastic game for its time and yes it is a bit unfair to compare it with a 15 year younger game.
The reason I did was because people constantly keep saying how great D2 was. And how no game has come close to it.
While infact PoE is the closest thing we have to a new Diablo game. With alot of improvements D2 lacked.

2. Yeah its definatly a more niche game. None is aguing over what game sold the best. In that case Vanilla D3 wins, still its generally seen as the worst game in the series.
Blizzard is a giant in the industry and been around since the early 90s. D3 was buildt for a mainstream audiance, so it isn't strange it sold well.
Still PoE came from nowhere and is now seen as one of the best ARPGs out there.
For me PoE is the real sequel to Diablo 2. While D3 is a more casual game, that doesn't feel like a Diablo game.
Last edited by WickedSausage on Feb 1, 2016, 10:40:15 AM
I don't like when people praise the competition. I'm a troll yes but you know what's worse than a troll? Someone that's backs down from an argument by sugar coating their true feelings. If you feel PoE is better than stick to it. You're not disrespecting anyone because quite frankly it's an opinion. Skip the pleasantries... ^.^
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
I have to say it, PoE is better than Diablo 1, 2 and 3 combined.
Last edited by saucefar2 on Feb 1, 2016, 10:51:20 AM
"
saucefar2 wrote:
I have to say it, PoE is better than Diablo 1, 2 and 3 combined.

That's the spirit!!! I respect your opinion. Good morning btw ^,^
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
The actual gameplay (killing stuff) was more fun in D2 imo. At least until Blizzard gave every mob some immunities.

Frozen orb <3
Sure, I'll agree with that.

That said, from a self-found perspective, I do find D2 with the Median XL mod to be better.
you ppl know poe's genre is "diablo clone" right?
this game doesn't have 1% of diablo2's player base
d1 and d2 release player , sorry not agree
any action rpg beat d2 ,
d2 is just magic for is era and still the best song track ever

2 reason why player stop playing 2d , 1- are patch 1.10 and Enigma rune mix, because all class teleport make any sense looking a barbarian teleporting and killing in 1 hit using berserk

2- graphics are outdated

poe is a very good game but have huge lack for melee character ,melee skill and physical damage fail and i`m really not a fan how you are able to use shield in this game compare d2 ,also targeting your character or monster dont work very well :(
and d2 pvp are a lot better of poe pvp because poe pvp is too unbalance in my book

era vs era d2 is the clear winner in my book

but poe for this era is the best action apg hand down , i dont see any competition ,or maybe d2 hd remake
play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"
Last edited by charley222 on Feb 1, 2016, 6:16:51 PM
"
WickedSausage wrote:
D2 is generally being praised by the majority of ARPG fans. Its a fantastic game and is without a doubt the most influential topdown ARPG.
Extremely well made for its time, but I also think people are affected by nostalgia.
Everything felt new and magical back then. But to be fair PoE has borrowed alot from it and for the most part improved on it.

1. Better character building, a more complex talent tree, support gems, jewels and now the upcomming sub class system.
D2s talent tree was nice for its time, but it wasn't as amazing as many remember. Hell 2/3 of the pallys talents where Auras...

2. Better currancy. The orb system is great and really helps reducing inflation. Gold in D2 was kinda meh..

3. Better crafting. PoE has vendor recepies similar to the horadric cube.
Shitload of ways to craft stuff on items with orbs. You also got masters that can craft stats on items.
D2s had runes though, which was quite nice. Still I think PoE wins.

4. More content. PoE has gotten bigger and bigger over the years. In terms of acts they are quite similar. But PoE has gotten alot of other stuff that adds to the game.
Map system, corrupted areas, exiles, lock boxes, masters, hideouts, Div cards, Atziri, unique maps and just overall more loot.
It just gives you more to do in PoE.

5. Better combat. Im baffled when ARPG fans say that D2 is great but not PoE because it has "boring combat".
D2s combat was great for its time, but certainly isn't better then PoEs.
PoE is kinda dull at start but once you get some levels it makes the fighting far more enjoyable. faster phace, more skills, more ways to improve on your killing effectivness.

6. Less cheaters, harder to scam people, harder to ninja loot etc..

Don't get me wrong D2 will always be one of my fav games. A masterpeice for its time. But today, claiming D2 being more complete then PoE is simply not true.

But I got to admit D2 has cooler music and story.

Good job comparing a classic that was created 20 years ago to this poorly optimized money grab that PoE is .
R.I.P 4.B.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info