[Ascendancy Theorycraft] CI Aegis High Block / Max Spell Block Mega Tank

This build theorycraft seems very strange to begin with, but i believe with the release of the gladiator ascendancy tree we can make an insane CI Aegis blocker.

It utilizes Chaos Inoculation, Ghost Reaver, Unwavering Stance, Iron Reflexes, and Resolute Technique.

**Note for the tree to function, we will need (3) Energy from Within jewels to transform life to ES from the tree. See the jewel here http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Energy_From_Within

Tree

Items Considered
Spoiler

Main links
Spoiler

Main skill would be StaticStrike/Cyclone/IceCrash/Infernal Blow + Melee splash

I think i prefer static strike so...

Static Strike + Multistrike + Melee dmg on Full Life + Melee Phys Dmg + Weapon Ele Dmg + Faster Attacks

CWDT + Chaos golem + Inc Duration + Tempest Shield

Leap Strike + Faster Attacks + Fortify

Grace/Hatred + Vaal Discipline + Discipline

Vengeance + Curse on hit + Warlord's Mark + Increased AoE

We will spec into the new gladiator tree block cluster (4 points)https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy/classes/Gladiator

With non-legacy Aegis, block nodes from the tree, and tempest shield, we have a base of 59% block. +10% from gladiator tree puts us at around 61-69% block. Add Rumi's concoctions to max out on block and gain tons of armour (i've got 2 legacy ones but non-legacy ones would work as well).

This build will be insanely tanky because every time we block we receive 2% of our armour as es instantly. Assuming we have ~8k armour from grace and gear, we will gain 160(320 if you have legacy Aegis) flat ES per block.

Flasks will be 2x Rumi's 1x Taste of Hate 1x Granite remove frozen 1x Granite remove bleed

Resistances would be 76/80/75/100 with block chances 69/75.

Considering Incandescent Heart
Spoiler

with 76/80/75 resistances, the CI + Incandescent Heart combo will provide the same elemental damage reduction that 82/85/81 on a normal character without CI + Incandescent Heart. With these resistances + 75% spell block, elemental damage becomes trivial.

see the math table here http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Incandescent_Heart

IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Last edited by lDantonl on Feb 5, 2016, 8:51:20 AM
*Update for the following sections

Tree: took more life nodes to be converted by Energy from Within Jewel, took attack speed starting node

Gear: Added Rainbow strides to give us constant 75 max spell block, Room for better gloves/helm. I just selected the highest ES choices with the best resistances provided.
Last edited by lDantonl on Feb 1, 2016, 10:34:52 AM
*Updated Section

Tree: Removed some 6% ES nodes in favor of more damage nodes near the marauder
*Updated

Main Links: Static Strike + Multistrike + Melee dmg on Full Life + Melee phys + Weapon ele dmg + Faster attacks

Items: Seriously considering Incandescent Heart
Last edited by lDantonl on Feb 2, 2016, 10:44:12 AM
*Updated

Tree: Added a Vaal Pact variant which requires (1) less Energy from Within jewel. We also lose barbarism which gave us +1% to max fire res.

Vaal pact might be really nice with Warlord's Mark + Incandescent Heart + Doryani's leech.
Last edited by lDantonl on Feb 3, 2016, 10:15:24 AM
61% es? lol
"
Girlkiller wrote:
61% es? lol

+67% life which is converted to ES. See the Energy from Within jewel.

Next time, try actually reading my build before posting.

I understand my build is weird and unconventional, but this is by design. I also don't think it's optimal, but it's been lots of fun to theory craft it.
Last edited by lDantonl on Feb 3, 2016, 3:33:37 PM
Here's another thought, much more generic. Life based Anvil Max block/spellblock non-aegis.

Considering dual strike with soul taker + another weapon or a high armour/life shield.

Tree

Gear
Spoiler

Static Strike + Weapon ele dmg + Multistrike + Added Fire

Auras would be Hatred + HoA + Arctic Armour
Last edited by lDantonl on Feb 5, 2016, 8:46:25 AM
Thanks for your post, really gets me to think about new patch. I would just add comrade serge has great pointers. It be great we can get everyone hammer a great build.

Andy
I have done this for 2.1, but IMO, better. My changes:

1. Tree based on evasion and nearer to the ranger and shadow. The dexterity allows us to, by focusing on evasion and then converting it all with IR, get a large amount of armour (16k for me).
2. Due to the above, grace is used and so is the ev/es version of atziris.
3. I used a Sai for the extra 6% block and went crit but due to lack of money wasn't able to fully take advantage of it. I still get a solid 20k + without charges or buffs on reave.
4. I ignore stun. Not much of a problem and I barely notice it when I'm so tanky.
5. Discipline is used for ES.
6. I also used energy from within in 3 different places.
7. Vertex is the perfect helmet with huge es and evasion.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAtAEhwUtBbUILgkzDPcQexEvFSAV1xa_GbQbrSFgI_YppSsKLL8s4S2DLlMvzDB8MgEyTjfUOq094kCgRwZHfkjuSVFNRk2SUUdWY1b1XfJfamKsYuxlTWwIbIxtbG-EdK507XTxdf14rnrvexR944RvhNmE74aujX2Nv46Kj5mP-pS4l9CbJpuNnaqjiqZ_qZWsZqyvsbO0xbVIuT69Nr46vqfAv8GCwuzQ0NE202_TftRC2Hbawdsa21Xbbtvn4izndOjW62PsGO0_7UHvevDV8Yr2o_8c

In 2.2 I plan to use gladiator by going for anvil (so now I have life and mana gained on block as well as 78% block). This will probably be life based unless there are some CI buffs.
Last edited by Assassin2000 on Feb 7, 2016, 7:22:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info