PC Gamer reveals the new Marauder Ascendancy Class: The Berserker

You'll get extra points for the Ascendancy Classes. After completing the new dungeon you'll get 2 points per difficulty all together 6 points to spend in this tree. So you can't take everything.
8th pic, Fraps overlay. 18 FPS, too many ground effects? ;)
So for Cloaked in Savagery the best is not getting any armour or evasion at all? Or get more armour and less life?
Wanna try it on hardcore, but fells like dangerous if u wanna make it to active most times.

CI will not work at all i guess.

What kind of defensive mechanism do u guys think fits this? Maybe only CWDT setups? imortal call and molten shell and other stuff.

Vaal molten shell seens to be a good thing to add to it

Maybe an almost only cwdt spellcaster, with like lots of spells that leech 100% back when hit.

Best would be a fire cycloner to be always at mobs side, and lots of fire spells on cwdt i guess. Would an elemental reflected damage counts as a hit to active savagery?
Last edited by HoockBr on Jan 29, 2016, 7:24:30 AM
IMO looks bad, melee have no defense and with this class it would be more fit some hybrid builds or CWDT or even casters (weird, but can be worth better then for melee).

I have no idea why melee class so useless and weak when other class such powerful and so OP/broken. Whats point?

Damage still better with ANY (like really A N Y build, bot not melee) build and skill, but not melee;
Clear speed still worst with melee skills;
Defense worst one have melee, as extra 200-500HP and 20-30 more armour makes no different when you took all damage, all the time;
Movement speed still sux;
Weapons for melee still very hard to find or get (buy) then any caster or ranged weapons;
Any ranged and any caster can do lot more map mods, then any melee. Melee can't do lot more mods;
Flask best use have with ranged or caster, then melee;
Etc

So, that new Ascendancy expansion would be even harder balanced and monopolized by ranged and casters, while melee would sux even harder. Sad, but true.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
This seems inferior to the other classes. Anything weapon heavy will go for Duelist now i guess.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Cloaked in Savagery is completely ridiculous. Take a savage hit and then with Vaal Pact, Vessel of Vinktar, or Atziri's Acuity (yes I know 99.9999% of the player base will never get this) you leech all life back instantly. If you can get your gear right the only way you could die is to get one shot.

The War Bringer node would be cooler if there were more warcries.
Looks almost to good, now I feel weak for picking ranger over marauder for my crazy fast cyclone curse "tank", but I like her more ;( Haha, I first misheard it as the talents would apply to you when you recently got killed, I wonder how many would have chosen the Berserker than xD
May the RNG be with you.
Most large hits I can think of in the game are component physical if your resistances are capped, and most of them occur more frequently than 4 seconds.

It seems to me like there's a great potential to utilise this to play an ES/HP (tipped towards ES) marauder with corrupted energy - as it means that you will take 20% of HP more frequently.

:^)
2% life/mana leech of any kind of damage. The first thing I though off was that it will be helpful for melee spell casters. Which is provably not intended :/
"
Visca wrote:
2% life/mana leech of any kind of damage. The first thing I though off was that it will be helpful for melee spell casters. Which is provably not intended :/

I'm pretty sure the Ascendancy trees are intended to be as widely useful as possible.
Duelist Ascendancy trees for example have a lot of usage for Bow Duelists.
IGN: Scordalia_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info