Celebrate Australia Day with a Koala Pet!

"
Gruentod wrote:
What time does this promotion end? I want to buy one, but I don't want to use a work computer to do it... ;)

worth the questions from IT. "It is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS GARY!"
You don't seem so smart Ozgwald, so I'm going to do this for you point by point just to make it simple. I'll tell you up front though, as someone who is specifically trained in evaluating arguments, that your argument is bad, and you should feel bad. Breakdown follows.

"
Ozgwald wrote:
What a big ball of bias which is absolutely not relevant.

First off, exactly what is this source of bias you are referring to? Because the only bias I can find is the mainstream media's bias towards avoiding reporting on indigenous issues at all. Simply saying it's biased doesn't actually show that it is, how are you going to back that claim up? I've provided links to sources to support my argument, can you say the same?

Secondly, how can you say that the points I've made regarding the nature of Australia day are not relevant when this thread is specifically titled "Celebrate Australia Day[...]" That doesn't even make sense.

"
Ozgwald wrote:
GGG and most players here don;t even come from Australia

The fact that most people on these forums don't come from Australia is the part that isn't even relevant. If you go to a party which is attended only by Japanese people and start spouting racist slurs against black people, your racist slurs aren't any more acceptable, or any less racist, simply because there are mostly not black people present. Excusing them by saying "well it was a Japanese party" really just shows your ignorance.

"
Ozgwald wrote:
this is all about the Koala's and Koala mtx.

Yes, GGG are trying to make some money by selling MTX. However, as far as I am aware, GGG are a company that care about the ethics of their business. As such, they're probably interested in promoting their products in culturally sensitive ways. My point is less about the Koala MTX that they have created than it is about the particular day that is being celebrated and what that represents. Actually the Koala is probably pretty inoffensive, but the day they've chosen to celebrate it on is another story.

"
Ozgwald wrote:
My milk just turned bad from reading your crap, you must be a genuine party animal.

For someone who criticises the relevance of what others argue, you need to learn something about relevance yourself. This is entirely irrelevant, and commits an ad-hominem fallacy.

"
Ozgwald wrote:
If you have the urge to pull out racism or the political debate at any place and time, it is time to change yourself and get back to finding happiness.

It's clear here that you've got no idea what you're talking about. Basically, you're saying that it's never okay to call out any kind of abuse, ever. I just don't even know where to begin with that. It's so ignorant it hurts my brain.
Last edited by HoneyBadGerMan on Jan 26, 2016, 1:20:11 AM
"
Honestly, GGG, I think you could probably have picked more culturally sensitive things to celebrate than Australia day. Australia day, as typically celebrated by white majority Australia, is incredibly racist. But don't take my word for it, have a listen to one of Australia's actual indigenous people, Stan Grant, talking about what the "Australian dream" means to them, and their people. When you're done with that, you might like to do some reading and get to grips with how Australia day is largely about genocide for indigenous Australians. You could take some time to learn about the names that indigenous people use to describe Australia day, and why. Perhaps you could take a wisdom scroll out of Google's library and make some MTX which reflect an indigenous view of Australia day? If that doesn't particularly take your fancy, it still wouldn't hurt to do a little reading on the ways in which you could show some solidarity with indigenous Australians.

Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!

Got mine. It can be a friend for my kiwi.
I'm not a n00b- I'm a Online Game Floor Examination Expert.
"
Misguidance wrote:

Got mine. It can be a friend for my kiwi.

My Aspirant Gargoyle has a new buddy too. They're both creepily awesome and cute!
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
10%? Another greedy challenge. No, thanks.
"
Honestly, GGG, I think you could probably have picked more culturally sensitive things to celebrate than Australia day. Australia day, as typically celebrated by white majority Australia, is incredibly racist. But don't take my word for it, have a listen to one of Australia's actual indigenous people, Stan Grant, talking about what the "Australian dream" means to them, and their people. When you're done with that, you might like to do some reading and get to grips with how Australia day is largely about genocide for indigenous Australians. You could take some time to learn about the names that indigenous people use to describe Australia day, and why. Perhaps you could take a wisdom scroll out of Google's library and make some MTX which reflect an indigenous view of Australia day? If that doesn't particularly take your fancy, it still wouldn't hurt to do a little reading on the ways in which you could show some solidarity with indigenous Australians.

Seriously? THIS is how the globe women went away. People like you should not be allowed near keyboards. If you want to champion the causes of various indigenous populations around the world go get a job where these issues are a key focus and by all means keep your crusade to yourself. Not every media outlet available is appropriate for sociopolitical issues.
"
Dos_Fafner wrote:
"

Seriously? THIS is how the globe women went away. People like you should not be allowed near keyboards. If you want to champion the causes of various indigenous populations around the world go get a job where these issues are a key focus and by all means keep your crusade to yourself. Not every media outlet available is appropriate for sociopolitical issues.

Yes, god forbid anyone should have a difference of opinion from yours...
Saved
Only 10% of proceeds of this is going to charity? For a digital item?

I feel like 10% is barely anything for this. I would be much happier to support this knowing a large percentage was going to charity. Just my opinion.
"
Nicksiren wrote:
For a digital item?

if you can't touch it it isn't worth anything?
fyi you just ... every programmer.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info