Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.1.2] Blackdepp's Arc Witch (MoM, EB, ZO, Non-Crit)

Hello everyone,

I'm Blackdepp and this is a build showcase of my Arc Witch.
I've been playing this character for ages now and it's one of the most fun builds I've ever made.
Since many of you ask for an update on this build I thought let's give it a go and so here it is.
This won't be a detailed build guide but more of an showcase. For any further information or explanations check out my older build guide.
Btw. Arc has been buffed in 2.1 by quite a bit so yey for us.

"
Chris wrote:
Many spells have had their base damage increased at higher levels, to bring their power in line with attacks and to reward the risks of spellcasting. The following spells have had their damage increased by around 20% higher at level 20: Arc, Ball Lightning, Ethereal Knives, Fire Trap, Firestorm, Flame Surge, Flameblast, Freezing Pulse, Glacial Cascade, Lightning Tendrils, Lightning Warp, Magma Orb and Storm Call.

In addition to having more damage, Arc now increases in number of chains more often as it levels up. At level 20, it chains seven times. Previously this was five.
_________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________

Skilltree, Bandits, Jewels

Final Skilltree <-- click me

Leveling Skilltree

First of all I would recommend leveling mana based until you can use The Restless Ward. So were're picking up some mana nodes along the way like Deep Thoughts or the witch starting node. Run Herald Of Thunder and Clarity on your mana. You can also already throw Arctic Armour in there or for a little more dmg early on Herald Of Ice. If you experience any mana problems get Survivals Secrets from the golden hand quest to boost your mana regeneration (you might place it into the jewel socket next to MoM). A Lifesprig is a good starter wand option and a Moonsorrow an even better one once you can use it.Until Lv. 71, where you can wear The Restless Ward just progress like shown in the skilltrees. Feel free to pick up more dmg if you feel to weak or more life when you feel to squishy.

32 Points Skilltree

55 Points Skilltree

90 Points Skilltree

With Lv. 71 you can wear The Restless Ward so now we have to do a little switch in the passive tree. Respec all pure mana related nodes (Deep Thoughts, Witch Start Node, Righteous Decree) and put them into Mind Over Matter, Eldritch Battery and Zealot's Oath. Get at least around 1 - 1,5k energy shield at this level.

91 Points Skilltree

From here on just fill out the passive tree as you wish. I hope this helps some of you guys.

Bandits:

Normal: Help Oak (flat life)

Cruel: Help Alira (cast speed)
(if you don't mind more cast speed just pick the passive point)

Merciless: Help Oak (endurance charge)

Jewels: (try to look for something like this)

Gear, Flasks

Weapon:
Go with a rare wand/scepter with high combined spell/lightning dmg and cast speed. Flat added lightning spell dmg or lightning leech are nice extras.
A Doryani's Catalyst is a viable option too.

Shield:
Pretty basic stuff right here. High spell dmg, life, resistances and as much energy shield as you can get.
A Rathpith Globe is a quite expensive but very strong endgame option for a shield.

Helmet:
Keeping it simple again. Energy shield, life, resistances. A Hubris Circlet is the best rare base for this item.

Body Armour:
The Restless Ward is kind of the key item for this build. Togehter with the keystone passives Zealot's Oath, Eldrich Battery and Mind Over Matter we ensure a constant energy shield regeneration by having up 5 endurance charges and a nice defence as well. With a 6L you can get a neat dmg boost.

Gloves:
Life, energy shield, resistances, nothing more to say. Best base would be Sorcerer Gloves.

Boots:
You can keep it simple with some rare boots. Again life, resistances and energy shield. Probably Sorcerer Boots as a base.
Rainbowstrides are also a quite cheap option for boots. They got energy shield, block chance for spells and resistances. Though they lack flat life.
But you can also try The Blood Dance for a nice dmg boost trough the frenzy charges and a better energy shield regeneration as well. Keep in mind you loos flat energy shield and possible life from the rare boots.

Amulet:
Fill up your stat requirements with dexterity and aim for life and resistances. Increased spell/lightning dmg, cast speed and flat energy shield are quite handy as well.

Rings:
Almost the same as with the amulet. Stats, life, resistances.

Belt:
For a belt we choose a Leather Belt with high life and resistances. Flat energy shield, armour or flask related stuff can be quite useful.

Flasks:

Curse, chill & freeze and bleed removal are a must have.
A Granit Flask is a nice boost of your physical mitigation.
A Quicksilver Flask is just too useful to drop.
There are a bunch of other flasks out there you might want to test:
- Atziri's Promise
- Rumi's Concoction
- Vessel Of Vinktar

That's it with the gear so far. If you have any questions or suggestions please leave me a comment.

Gem Setup

Arc:

Arc is our main dmg source. Link it to Spell Echo, Controlled Destruction and Life Leech. Once you've acquired a 5L add in Lightning Penetration and with a 6L you can add Added Lighting Damage as well.

Auras:

Wrath is just the best aura for any lightning spell caster. No more questions sir.

Arctic Armour helps us mitigating incoming physical and fire dmg. Check.

Herald Of Thunder gives us flat lightning spell dmg and always triggers when you kill a shocked enemy and applies when linked to Curse On Hit any curse of choice. I like Warlords Mark because of its leech and endurance charge generation. Conductivity or Elemental Weakness are nice options as well.

Lightning Warp:

To stay thematic we use Lightning Warp as our movement skill. Link it to Faster Casting and Less Duration. If you want to you could also use Flame Dash.

Vaal Storm Call:

As always we use a Vaal Storm Call setup to speed up the annoying single target killing. Link it to Spell Echo, Controlled Destruction and Lightning Penetration for max. dps.

Utility:

A Cast When Damage Taken setup with Summon Chaos Golem and Tempest Shield gives a nice defensive boost.

We use Enduring Cry to generate endurance charges and give our self a temporarily energy shield regeneration boost. Link it to Increased Duration to amplify the boost a little. You can also throw a Vaal Discipline in here for those rare cases when your energy shield drops to 0.

Quality:

Generally quality on all gems is good, but ome gems benefit a lot more from their quality then some others.
Here are a few gems you might want to get quality on:

- Arc (shock chance)
- Lightning Penetration (lightning damage)
- Added Lightning Damage (lightning damage)
- Controlled Destruction (spell damage)
- Spell Echo (spell damage)
- Curse On Hit (curse effectiveness)
- Herald Of Thunder (lightning damage)
- Life Leech (life leech rate)

This is the gem setup so far. Any questions or suggestions? Feel free to leave me a comment.

Explanation

(I'm going to fill this tab step by step)

So why Arc?
Arc is a great skill in my opinion. You can achieve excellent clearspeed with it due to its chain mechanics. Single target might be a little low but can most certainly be handled; Vaal Storm Call helps dealing with such situations. Since Arc is a lightning skill and we pick some chance to shock from the passive tree and arc has some inherent shock chance as well (even more with quality) we can shock enemies and deal 50% more dmg. And when ever you kill a shocked enemy Herald Of Thunder triggers and applies the curse of your choise with every flash hitting surrounding mobs.

What's The Restless Ward good for?
Well since we picked the Zealot'sand Eldritch Battery we need to ensure that our life regeneration that gets converted to energy shield regeneration is enough to sustain our energy shield drain. That can be achived by a little life regeneration from the passive but mostly with the boost The Restless Ward grants us. Per endurance charge this item allows us to regenerate up to 20 life/sec. Since we run 5 endurance charges this is a total of 100/sec. It also helps sustaining the charges better due to it's 100% increased charge duration.

Screenshots

Stats

Arc

Vaal Storm Call

Defence

FAQ

Reflect?
Reflect mobs can be handled since we use the life leech gem and have mind over matter. Elemental reflect maps should be avoided though.

(More will be added when they get asked)

Other build guides:
[2.0.3] Blackdepp's 2H Mace AoE Marauder (easy, cheap, strong)
[2.0.3] Blackdepp's Firestorm Witch (General Gravicius Cosplay)
[2.0.3] Blackdepp's Dual Flame Totem Witch
IGN - Blackdepp
Last edited by Blackdepp on Jun 19, 2016, 10:04:22 AM
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2017, 12:29:06 PM
Omg, love it!
please more detail about passive tree!
lv 1-30
lv 30-60
lv 60-80
"
AOFneft wrote:
please more detail about passive tree!
lv 1-30
lv 30-60
lv 60-80

I tried my best. I hope this helps at least a little.
IGN - Blackdepp
This is great to see Blackdepp. I've been trying to work out how to move to this 6L set up from your previous build :)

How do you find it against reflect?
Why does your passive tree have the Assassination nodes when you're not focusing on crit?
"
This is great to see Blackdepp. I've been trying to work out how to move to this 6L set up from your previous build :)

How do you find it against reflect?

I'm glade to hear you like it. A single reflect mob isn't a problem. Try to avoid reflect maps though.

"
highwind123 wrote:
Why does your passive tree have the Assassination nodes when you're not focusing on crit?

Uff thanks for pointing that out to me. Of course we're non-crit. Those points belong somewhere else. I have like three billion different skilltrees planed out and flying around. Sometimes they get mixed up :D
I'm going to fix it.
IGN - Blackdepp
Hi Blackdepp, do you think Ghost Reaver is a viable alternative to Zealot's Oath?

Granted we lose the leech to life, but wouldn't we gain a bigger boost to energy shield regen, allowing us to sustain a higher mana cost arc (e.g. with more cast speed), and remove the heavy reliance on endurance charges.

I'd be interested to know the effectiveness of GR compared to ZO.
"
Hi Blackdepp, do you think Ghost Reaver is a viable alternative to Zealot's Oath?

Granted we lose the leech to life, but wouldn't we gain a bigger boost to energy shield regen, allowing us to sustain a higher mana cost arc (e.g. with more cast speed), and remove the heavy reliance on endurance charges.

I'd be interested to know the effectiveness of GR compared to ZO.

I've tested the EB, MOM, GR combo on an other build back in warbands. Here is a video of it: click me

It is certainly a viable option though is it better then ZO?
You can sustain your ES much more reliably but you are so much more dependent on flask usage. Don't get me wrong, flasks are awesome but for playing T12+ maps leeching life in some form is almost mandatory to survive.
More cast speed won't make much of a difference anyway and dropping the endurance charges would be a huge loss for our physical mitigation.

So overall yea you can do it but I most likely won't recommend it.
IGN - Blackdepp
Wat are your thoughts on Agnerod West?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Agnerod_West

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info