The Chisel Bubble: Using currency to roll maps, vs buying maps

"Why do people always add maths to these things... you know, these RNG based things... you're just wasting time."
And now forget all you read. Don't EVER run maps below Rare rarity. Inefficient.
and I've only died 39 times. (c) Libbritania ( tokimeki ).
Two part question here folks

#1 Are you sure you should only Trans/Aug blue maps?? Does that even give you the "monster pack size" that everyone says you should have to build your map pool? I mean sometimes I'll get lucky and get a roll with it being part of the map(not a mod), mot of the time I have to use the orbs of alterations due to get the "increased monster pack size %"

Here's my argument for using Alch on every blue map. Currently I have about 300 alchemy orbs, so I tend to alch every low level map I run. Also, because of the increased quantity of currency, you tend to get back at least the 1 alch you put into the map and in many times a chaos. So most of the time I at least break even.

So let me ask you it this way, if you can afford it, is there any reason not to do it? Is it perhaps because the clear speed isn't as efficient if you alch a map? or perhaps it being more riskier due to the crazy mods alching maps usually gives you?

Because the increased currency drops are clearly evident when you alch a map as it should be since the IIQ/rarity jump up significantly.
You can sustain your maps by using Alchs to buy more maps for other players; for most mid maps this is the cheaper option. It's not necessary to get them to drop in the maps you're running, that's the point of the whole strategy.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
You can sustain your maps by using Alchs to buy more maps for other players; for most mid maps this is the cheaper option. It's not necessary to get them to drop in the maps you're running, that's the point of the whole strategy.

I don't know, when I alch a mid tier map I tend to get 1 to 2 maps on average. low tier alching usually gives me anywhere from 1 to 5 maps. But if that does stop working for me, then I'll try your method.
For me it also has to do with finding your own maps vs buying them. At this stage of the league t11 maps are super cheap, and 'maintaining' them is easy. However if you choose the hard way yourself, because you know, you like to find your own maps. RNGesus laughs in your face much to often. THAT is the current problem with mapping.
I did hundreds of T6/T7 & lots of legacy 73-76 maps with Alch or just transmute + aug.
Too much trouble to record everything.

For maps with Alch
- more currency drop
- *higher chance of dropping multiple maps
- kinda easy to roll shitty map mod = more time to deal with the mod/more currency to reroll

For maps with transmute + aug (blue map)
- you can no-brain the map/ fast clear
- less cost to reroll shitty mod (temp chain/ build limitation)

My Experience
- RNGesus hates me
- its so god damn hard to get just +1 map on T6, maybe 8-9 T7 in 40 T6 maps(Blue0, a bit more on yellow map.

My Conclusion
- best to buy low-tier/cheap map (just like what op said)
- make a char that can fast clear low-tier/cheap maps
- make a char that can do hard high-tier maps ( way more time consuming usually unless you are rich)
- if you race or ladder, that's another story
- for less frustrating leveling (like 100).
a.nolife yourself to build a large fucking map pool or buy high tier map
b.run easy mod, like more magic or packsize
c.find other nolife to do rotation (#1 you need to do)
- mapping is just another carrot on a stick system, its working as intended i guess

Last edited by Tom1989 on Jan 19, 2016, 10:56:14 PM
I would rater run rare map than white, even if map cost 2 chaos. Because it give more items per hour, and if your build is good and map mods dont slow you down then you also get more xp/h.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
5c is too much for ANY consumable item in this game ..
Last edited by CaoMengde on Jan 20, 2016, 5:09:12 AM
"
CaoMengde wrote:
5c is too much for ANY consumable item in this game ..
I disagree, because I think it'd be cool to use Chaos on maps. This couldn't be justifiable if no map cost more than 5c.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 20, 2016, 9:10:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info