[2.3.0] Detonate Dead Elemental Proliferation Trap, Massive damage 2mil+

"
RimGreeper wrote:
Can you please enable your character tab? go to your profile on this website and privacy tab

I'm sorry but i have some characters in pvp and some build projects so i can't share my character tab.
But i'll be happy to answer any of your questions here or if you send me PM.
I'm currently trying out this build, and so far I'm having fun. I am only level 75 at the moment however, and I feel that there are a lot of things that I need to improve.

As for the high mana cost; I found that by replacing Vaal lightning trap with a vaal clarity, I no longer have any troubles. Vaal clarity recharges very fast, so it is almost always up once you start clearing. No mana costs for me.

At the moment I'm using a cloak of defiance instead of a Carcass jack, because i only have a 5L carcass jack atm.
I'm currently low on fire resist (looking to remedy that by replacing helm).
Also, I only have 2800~ HP.

This is my gear so far:
Spoiler

Passive tree:

Any thoughts on what to improve? Would a 5L carcass be better than 6L CoD?
Should I change anything in my tree? (For example, I have very few curse nodes atm)

Also, I have a question about the tree. Why do we not take Holy Fire, and Explosive Impact? (top left side of the tree)
We go right past those two circles, and it seems like burn damage and fire damage would be benefitial for us, no?

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Jan 21, 2016, 4:10:41 AM
I am probably being blind, but how do you actually IGNITE the monsters?

According to your screenshots, you ignite chance is 15% and your crit chance below 10%.
How come you ignite that often? Is it that you DD so many corpses (one trap detonates more bodies at once?) that some of them eventually causes burn?

And how come the initial sucks hard and the ignite burn boss on one cast? I am just not able to grasp the mechanics here :D
"

According to your screenshots, you ignite chance is 15% and your crit chance below 10%.
How come you ignite that often? Is it that you DD so many corpses (one trap detonates more bodies at once?) that some of them eventually causes burn?

And how come the initial sucks hard and the ignite burn boss on one cast? I am just not able to grasp the mechanics here :D

This is actually something I've been thinking about aswell. I don't seem to procc ignite as much as the videos. It's not like it never proccs, but it doesn't seem as consistent.
My skill tree isn't finished yet though.

I'm thinking that all the curse nodes in the skill tree, increases the ignite chance from the flammability?
But I'm not entirely sure how the "increased curse effect" mechanic works.

Also, my flammability is low level atm, and I have a bad roll on my mokou's embrace.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Jan 21, 2016, 1:45:15 PM
How have you done atziri since she cannot be ignited?
First, sorry guys for not responding i was trying to make this build on hc, was doing just fine until unexpected error during docks on lvl66 :(.

"
Fiver wrote:
Any thoughts on what to improve? Would a 5L carcass be better than 6L CoD?
Should I change anything in my tree? (For example, I have very few curse nodes atm)

Also, I have a question about the tree. Why do we not take Holy Fire, and Explosive Impact? (top left side of the tree)
We go right past those two circles, and it seems like burn damage and fire damage would be benefitial for us, no?

Well what you are doing is kind of different from my build idea. Cause i see you rely on mana or Vaal clarity while i'm 100% on energy shield from EB. What i would improve is Energy shield on your gear (800es will feed your EB just fine; 1,2kES you can start using MoM with EB). Also you have no quality on temporal chains and blasphemy yet in the 4 link, once you get the quality you gonna see massive difference i can guarantee that.
too questions:

5l Carcass always > 6l CoD. carcass OP
Holy fire doesn't double dip. In fact it's only 70% burn damage which you can compare to 35% fire damage (roughly it's more like 25-30) nonetheless 35% per 3 skill nodes is not enough skill effiecient to me. Explosive impact would be awesome but again it's 5 points so there is this question: you can grab all these damage nodes and sacrifice curse nodes in scion area or you grab the curse nodes since they triple dip (initial hit, defense, burn damage). I guess both options are very viable so you can decide which one will suit you better in end game.

"
Siliarus wrote:

I think that 15% Chance to ignite is the absolute minimum (20% and you'll feel like god) to have working Detonate dead with elemental proliferation (as Fiver said i have flammability which adds 15-20% chance). Rest Chance to ignite comes from Elemental proliferation and AOE (one monster in pack ignites and it ignites sorounding monsters) so in the end you don't need that much ignite chance.

I made this calculation for my other build so it might bring some light to the burn damage issue:
Spoiler

You can see here that fire nova mine explodes 4 times dealing 12-25k dmg/explosion and burn dealing 200k per sec. If you aply this to DD which does idk 50k alone (maybe more) you have 500k burn dps more or less. This is just guesstimate.

"
How have you done atziri since she cannot be ignited?

If you link Concentrated effect instead of elemental proli, you get like 80% more damage>> Atziri one phase lasts 4 detonate dead traps. split phase, one shot and healing phase iAOE instead of conc and you are just fine.
Last edited by Proximi on Jan 21, 2016, 3:50:06 PM
About curse effectiveness: the curse cluster in scion area is the most efficient one adds 20% -> in my curse xls table it makes negative resists go from -173 to -192 which translates on damage table to 15% more damage (also temp chains 71% to 80% for normal mob and 43-52% on boss ->huge difference).
"
5l Carcass always > 6l CoD. carcass OP

Alright, new question. What would I sacrifice for the 5Link?

IAE or Fire Pen?

There wouldn't be that much of a difference to sacrifice IAE, but then again, the increased area means more monsters hit, means more ignite chance.
(or am I wrong? Does it procc different on different mobs? Hard to tell because of Elemental prolif.)

And well Fire Pen speaks for it self. More damage.

Don't panic.
"
Fiver wrote:
Alright, new question. What would I sacrifice for the 5Link?

IAE or Fire Pen?

There wouldn't be that much of a difference to sacrifice IAE, but then again, the increased area means more monsters hit, means more ignite chance.
(or am I wrong? Does it procc different on different mobs? Hard to tell because of Elemental prolif.)

And well Fire Pen speaks for it self. More damage.

Yeah, fire pen only increase initial hit and you need the AOE. Also early on you don't need that much of damage, i think you will still one shot whites and blues up too t7 in 6man party.

(just tested it, i ran necropolis t10 with equilibrium on 5link and dropped elemental weakness so i get as close as possible to your damage, and i was oneshotting everything on marveil swapped ep/iaoe for conc/chance to ignite still 5l and one shotted her)
I'm playing with idea to go crit.

currently 10% chance,
assassin mark and effectivness +15%
if i alocate power charges lets say 6 total->increase 300%=15% additional
read somewhere that crit with multitrap support is calculated sepparatly for each trap, which means if i had like 50% crit then chance to crit with 3 traps would be 88%

Problem is Detonate dead is not a spell/attack or projectile, that means only Global crit multy is applied (like jewels/maligaro's/crit daggers/amu and such, almost no skill nodes).

but assassin mark has 41% more damage->60-70 with curse effect.

This could make DD to do massive amounts of AOE single blast damage. So the build wouldn't have to worry about Burn damage cap.

Gonna try it on my test character on standard and share the experience.
Last edited by Proximi on Jan 22, 2016, 5:33:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info