[2.2] [HC] Malibu's CoC - Let's Get Physical [Best Build Ever? Click(bait) to find out!]

do u need a good pc for this build? does it work in groups too?
"
littlebill902 wrote:
When did you respec on your HC character?

At level 71. All you need is some decent ES gear, and I was able to pick up a 544 ES Carnal Armour (level 71) requirement, so I was basically waiting for that. I think I had some 69 pieces as well, but any time you feel you have gear with enough ES and a decent Vagan dagger, you can go for it.
"
Morkork wrote:
So I really like this build and plan on it being my 2nd build that I've actually try harded. I just have a few questions regarding some stuff.

1. Why do you run CI and Pain atunement? Do you get the LL buff from ES as well?

I wanna run the Low Life version of this build because I love super DPS builds.

2. Part of getting to low life is running blood magic+aura if I'm not mistaken but I'm confused as to how people are able to manage a ton of life when they run blood magic. Even with a level 20 blood magic how are you able to get to 1400 unreserved life?

Thanks!

1. I don't run CI + Pain Attunement--they don't work together. I don't think I have it slotted on the passive tree I linked on here either.

2. Low Life Hybrid is extremely difficult to get setup and (in my opinion) very inefficient. I wouldn't recommend low life without a Shavronne's Wrappings or, if you really just have to have the extra damage, a Solaris Lorica. Also people who do go low life on a life only character tend to do it with the Blood Magic keystone, which has a "50% less mana reserved" notable behind it, so you could get a whole bunch of auras running off your life pool that way.
"
sil222 wrote:
do u need a good pc for this build? does it work in groups too?

It's not very hardware intensive to run, no. It's superior to Discharge for this purpose in that you don't get the inherent lag and jitter from generating and spending power charges constantly.

It's great in groups, too. Won't lag your friends and doesn't require a specific elemental curse to pump the damage up.
Last edited by MalibuMoon on Jan 17, 2016, 10:20:01 AM
Just wanted to give a big thanks for relieving my boredom :) Currently level 86 and my favorite of 8 or so builds so far this league :)

My current setup, somewhat different from yours:

Spoiler

Passive tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABUIHHg18DkgPqxEvEVARlha_GYoajxslHaogbiL0JIsqCyo4KwosnCymLOEvbzQKNbk3Zj1fQZZGcUcGSVFJsUuuTLNQMFHZUlNcil3yX2pjQ2SdbAttGW-ecFJwVnC7df13B3vXf8aDCYRvhMWHE4nTjDaP-pAbkNaTJ5Uul5WX9JoTm7WcpKEvoqOi2acrrGaus7CSsNi0DLVIuT6-isHzwzrK09Af0NDQ9dRC18_YdtkT2VvbXtvU4YjpAuq662Pr9ewY74jv6_DV8h3y4fba-Tf7Cf-T

Next 5 points are the phys damage nodes, and lots of little upgrades to do like Skyforth or Enlighten 4 would let me add the 2nd purity (I currently flip them as needed). Jewels atm are Energy From Within and 2x 8% ES/3 ES on Hit/w/e. 2 Pieces of Elreon jewellery make Cyclone and Whirling cost 2 mana each for basically perm sustain.

Edit: also HoI over Ash because it's a huge survivabilty upgrade (looking at you OP Porcupines)
IGN: CPU, Gas, Cop, Live, Flee, Oil
Last edited by infinityinc on Jan 17, 2016, 10:37:40 AM
"
infinityinc wrote:
Just wanted to give a big thanks for relieving my boredom :) Currently level 86 and my favorite of 8 or so builds so far this league :)

My current setup, somewhat different from yours:

Spoiler

Passive tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABUIHHg18DkgPqxEvEVARlha_GYoajxslHaogbiL0JIsqCyo4KwosnCymLOEvbzQKNbk3Zj1fQZZGcUcGSVFJsUuuTLNQMFHZUlNcil3yX2pjQ2SdbAttGW-ecFJwVnC7df13B3vXf8aDCYRvhMWHE4nTjDaP-pAbkNaTJ5Uul5WX9JoTm7WcpKEvoqOi2acrrGaus7CSsNi0DLVIuT6-isHzwzrK09Af0NDQ9dRC18_YdtkT2VvbXtvU4YjpAuq662Pr9ewY74jv6_DV8h3y4fba-Tf7Cf-T

Next 5 points are the phys damage nodes, and lots of little upgrades to do like Skyforth or Enlighten 4 would let me add the 2nd purity (I currently flip them as needed). Jewels atm are Energy From Within and 2x 8% ES/3 ES on Hit/w/e. 2 Pieces of Elreon jewellery make Cyclone and Whirling cost 2 mana each for basically perm sustain.

Edit: also HoI over Ash because it's a huge survivabilty upgrade (looking at you OP Porcupines)

Oh, nice! Have you tried Blade Vortex + PCoC + Warlord's Mark + Curse on Hit? With this setup you could have another support in your six link instead of PCoC (Crit Strikes, Crit Damage, Leech, or Empower, and you'd be able to run another Herald or Purity at only 25% mana instead of 35 by dropping blasphemy.
Just pieced some stashed gear together and used a full respec to try the low life variant and its pretty fun.Clear speed and single target damage is great.I noticed you aren't running a second herald.I managed to get discipline,herald of ash and herald of ice reserved off mana and I still have 126 mana unreserved which I found plenty enough to support cyclone.The only thing I dislike about the build is having to rely on warlords mark for mana and especially life leech.Having to stop and recast blade vortex every 5 seconds can get annoying and makes the gameplay not smooth.

Currently level 92, ES 6700ish, 95% crit on cyclone with 3aps

gear
Spoiler

tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAx4FQgceDXwOSA-rD8QRLxFQEZYV7Ra_GyUfQSBuIvQkiyepKgsqOCsKLJwspjQKNbk3Zjt8PV9BlkZxRwZJUUmxS65Ms1AwUdlSU1S9XEBcil3yX2pgQ2NDZJ1sC20Zbj1vnnBScFZ1_XcHe9d_xoMJhG-ExYcTidOMNo_6kBuQ1pMnlS6Wi5eVl_SaE5u1nKShL6KjotmnK66zsJKw2LQMtUi4yrk-uZO-gL6KwfPDCcM6ytPQH9DQ0PXUQtW518_Ydtlb217b1OkC6rrrY-v174jv6_DV8h3y4fk3_5M=?accountName=Fullstep&characterName=Phwah_
Last edited by Fullstep on Jan 17, 2016, 11:58:40 AM
"
Fullstep wrote:
Just pieced some stashed gear together and used a full respec to try the low life variant.Clear speed and single target damage is great.I noticed you aren't running a second herald.I managed to get discipline,herald of ash and herald of ice reserved off mana and I still have 126 mana unreserved which I found plenty enough to support cyclone.The only thing I dislike about the build is having to rely on warlords mark for mana and especially life leech.

Currently level 92, ES 6700ish, 95% crit on cyclone with 3aps

gear
Spoiler

tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAx4FQgceDXwOSA-rD8QRLxFQEZYV7Ra_GyUfQSBuIvQkiyepKgsqOCsKLJwspjQKNbk3Zjt8PV9BlkZxRwZJUUmxS65Ms1AwUdlSU1S9XEBcil3yX2pgQ2NDZJ1sC20Zbj1vnnBScFZ1_XcHe9d_xoMJhG-ExYcTidOMNo_6kBuQ1pMnlS6Wi5eVl_SaE5u1nKShL6KjotmnK66zsJKw2LQMtUi4yrk-uZO-gL6KwfPDCcM6ytPQH9DQ0PXUQtW518_Ydtlb217b1OkC6rrrY-v174jv6_DV8h3y4fk3_5M=?accountName=Fullstep&characterName=Phwah_

Thanks for the feedback :D

And yup, you can totally fit two Heralds on--I think I was just running one the last time I played it to ease my mana issues. As for the leech and mana problems, you can easily fix the mana troubles with Mana on Hit on a gem or a good Elreon ring. I'd planning on switching to Elreon Jewelery, I'm just kinda broke after six-linking my Shav's.

Also for the life leech, it wouldn't be a bad idea to drop Controlled Destruction or Crit Strikes for a leech gem, which I plan on doing as soon as I've got some currency saved up to try to get 5 off colour on my Shav's.
Looks like a fun build, and am building towards it... but then I read somewhere else that Vagan's "Hits cannot be evaded" dagger isn't global. Is this true?
"
Novahawkx wrote:
Looks like a fun build, and am building towards it... but then I read somewhere else that Vagan's "Hits cannot be evaded" dagger isn't global. Is this true?

This is not true. See my posted Cyclone tooltip, "Chance to Hit"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info