~ Ultimate PvP balance thread ~ HLD & LLD

....no

You are asking for far too many changes to far too many things that aren't even a problem. Then on top of that your other changes are absurd. I could balance PvP in under 30 minutes and everyone would be happy/surprised how simple it was. You can even take into account inherent match ups that are obviously in favor of one side (9-1 / 8-2 / 7-3 match ups rather then 6-5 / 5-5) i.e traps vs melee. Almost every build would be viable with the right core changes. Also no, I'm not talking about adding time to cast summons/auras in 1v1s etc..to make derp builds a thing...get good or fuck off. The real issues that need to be addressed are blatantly obvious. The remaining player base who would then quit PvPing entirely, just blew in the first place. Leaving only enough of us to maybe get 2v2 matches going.

Though with all of that said, give it up. For real the PvP here is hopeless. Though if you find enjoyment in posting here and hoping for a brighter PvP future... I guess you're a masochist and in your spare time also slam your dick in the door just for fun?
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Jul 25, 2017, 6:06:04 PM
You guys will never get a livley PvP if you dont manage to jump over your egos.
"
zzang wrote:
You guys will never get a livley PvP if you dont manage to jump over your egos.

Egos were like pre 1.0-1.3

It's almost 3.0, egos are long gone. Coming to terms with how shitty PvP is here was done a looooooooooooooooooong time ago.
Last edited by MullaXul on Jul 25, 2017, 6:54:45 PM
What part of this game makes you think "there's potential for great pvp here"?

Is it the automated skills?
The automated skills that 1 shot people with 10k life/es?

Is it the melee and ranged skills that are blatantly over tuned because of aoe overlapping mechanics similarly to how shotgunning worked?

Is it the troll tank builds that just stand there spanking off, yet do stupid amounts of damage because of the above two things combined?

Is it the traps that 1 shot?

The list can go on for a long time.

So when you look at this games PvP then look at Diablo2's current hacked shitfest which is also called "PvP"...you see lots of resemblance. Think farcast javazon, glitched runeword auradin, white gear, autoaim, yada yada...GGG must of thought that was a great idea.
Read through this recent thread we had in the topic, it has some relevant feedback for your suggestions too: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1919236
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
reserved.....

side im suprised nobody has talk so far about WINTER GLOVE ENCHANT+ its interaction with dying sun
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
"
philophil wrote:
reserved.....

side im suprised nobody has talk so far about WINTER GLOVE ENCHANT+ its interaction with dying sun

Thread was created 1 year and a half ago before ascendancies and lab enchants and it achieved nothing at all. Inevitable Judgement was nerfed because a few of us ran a personal crusade against it but in the end, with the amount of Elemental Penetration available it meant nothing at all.
"
Rupenus wrote:
Im new to pvp scene, maybe you think im not the one who is qualified enough to talk balance, but since im new, im still very enthusiastic about pvp and hungry for further balance. Mulla was explaining that, problems are in HLD so big and so visible that you dont have to think twice before making changes or nerfing skills. this inspired me to write everything i have in my mind

I'll start with
Whirling blades
Spoiler
*Its too fast, and it should be slower, designing WHOLE game meta according to races and racers is nonsense.

Lightning Arrow
Spoiler
Remove the Secondary damage, or nerf it. I can hit 8K with one arrow too, that means, LA does not shotgun, its something different than shotgun. the secondary damage has no pvp damage reduction or damage output is higher than initial arrow hit for some weird reason. the secondary damage deals a lot damage.

Ice Shot
Spoiler
Secondary damage problem same as LA

Explosive Arrow
Spoiler
the most important problem of HLD, very high aoe, shotguns, cant be blockable, dodgeable, evadeable. Its no spell, no attack, deals more damage than my 2000ex build with 10ex investment to higher area then anything else. fuses stack on frost wall, to ground... you cant escape anywhere because of 'less duration' buff of warped timepiece. The biggest problem, the biggest cancer of pvp.

Arctic Breath Chill
Spoiler
Have you ever seen 2H cycloners confess that how OP is? maybe mulla, others? no. cause its OP. just lvl 1 arctic breath with 5-10 damage chills you for very long time. Chill time should be scaled with damage dealt.

Aegis Legacy
Spoiler
I dont know how this can be fixed. Armor values might be reduced for pvp for 20%-30%. Armor is only good for aegis in pvp so nerfing armor would only nerf aegis builds which is fine. one aegis buid with 20K+ armor is x10 times tankier than a 20K ES build.

Frost Wall
Spoiler
Give melee a chance, make them breakable or give melee a skill where they can ignore frost wall and keep attacking. There are more issues about frost wall and we have a big thread about it.
[Tempest Shield]
Spoiler
very high damage output, attacks for 3 times for some weird reason, and one shots me from 5.5k health sometimes. Its broken, not because of the damage, because it deals so much damage for such low investment. the only thing that gives me nightmares in pvp is tempest shield.

[Molten Shell]
[spoiler]
10k damage when proc'ed? Are you serious? i dont wanna even talk about it. it should be nerfed.

[arctic breath aoe]
Spoiler
arctic breath + aoe shotguns and deals like 5-6k damage per volley. Not fair, its because of lack of vision of programmer in pvp while programming this skill.

[/spoiler]

PvP arenas

Spoiler
these areas which overcrowded with obstacles favor, area control spam skills like spark, EA, whispering ice only. you spam an area skill around you behind a wall, and you simply, win.
these areas dramatically punishes every else builds in the game, you cant micro, you cant put a strategical handle to anything at all

[flame dash + cwdt]

Spoiler

initiation is what pvp is all about. punishing initiation is what some builds are for, like firestorm, my LA build, whispering ice, and you give the rest of the builds who try to make their builds around area control a big f*cking punishment. this setup requires no investment at all.

get a leg kaoms, spam EA with cwdt + flame dash. get top 3 in HLD. even a non AI bot can do that.

cast when damage taken

Spoiler
i think its going to be better to make it like 40%-30% chance to cast socketed gems when X damage taken

spark

Spoiler
i feel like it needs pvp damage reduction and when proj speed stacked it can deal damage to everywhere even in biggest duel areas. EA's throne is shaking, with LA or flame dash point blank barrage, EA is not an issue anymore... im telling you... spark gonna be new cancer. just wait a bit more.

Kinetic Blast and Fireball also need revamp for pvp! They are too op!
The Holy Bible
"
MullaXul wrote:
What part of this game makes you think "there's potential for great pvp here"?

Is it the automated skills?
The automated skills that 1 shot people with 10k life/es?

Is it the melee and ranged skills that are blatantly over tuned because of aoe overlapping mechanics similarly to how shotgunning worked?

Is it the troll tank builds that just stand there spanking off, yet do stupid amounts of damage because of the above two things combined?

Is it the traps that 1 shot?

The list can go on for a long time.

So when you look at this games PvP then look at Diablo2's current hacked shitfest which is also called "PvP"...you see lots of resemblance. Think farcast javazon, glitched runeword auradin, white gear, autoaim, yada yada...GGG must of thought that was a great idea.

Ha! You forgot the Hammerdins, with hack or not they are OP!
The Holy Bible
Nah Hammerdins had a blind spot to the south of their casting animation. Auto aim put people right above you, which was actually far easier to deal with then charge desynch abuse. You could predict it, aim upward plus had a cunt hair of a second or two of taking 0 damage before the hammer actually circled south. A lot of Hammerdins were stupid too, so you could just chill them with a cold Sorceress, Bone Prison them etc.. to take care of the desynchers. All in all Hammerdins killed scrubs, good PvPers fucked them day in day out even in mixed class pvp where it was 1 (me) vs 7 (them) legitly
Last edited by MullaXul on Sep 7, 2017, 7:08:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info