[2.3 Video Guide] Tanky Beginners Contagion/Essence Drain Occultist [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

Hey, what about the bug with monsters exploded by profane bloom not spreading ED/contagion, is it going to be fixed? love the build but thats really making me want to reroll :s
The links are still for a Witch skill tree.
"
IceReefer420 wrote:
Hey, what about the bug with monsters exploded by profane bloom not spreading ED/contagion, is it going to be fixed? love the build but thats really making me want to reroll :s

It seems it will not be fixed.

Sadly.
"
BarryNuts wrote:
The links are still for a Witch skill tree.

That is intentional. It is no longer a scion build. I don't have the powers to move the thread though. I have however added "occultist" to the title to avoid confusion.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
I am really enjoying the guide sofar. Only mid-merciless but having lots of fun.

Quick noob question regarding the two last ascendency points: As far as I know Profane Bloom only works for cursed enemies yet I don't see a curse in your guide setup. What did I miss?
i rerolled a new char for this build and after improving my gear i have to say it´s a really great build! killed piety and dominus with level 64 solo - without dying. but the bug with contagion /drain essence sucks hard... died now 4 times in act because it didnt spread. it´s really annoying but i think i will definitely carry on this build.
Last edited by QuickSwipe on Jun 12, 2016, 11:29:43 AM
"
Updated for 2.3 - This is still an Occultist!

Nothing too major has changed besides us being able to get 8 ascendancy points now. This means we can pick up Profane Bloom for a nice damage boost!

Hello, I was just wondering how do we get a damage boost using Profane bloom? Which of our skills counts as a curse?
"
Yasamatsu wrote:
"
Updated for 2.3 - This is still an Occultist!

Nothing too major has changed besides us being able to get 8 ascendancy points now. This means we can pick up Profane Bloom for a nice damage boost!

Hello, I was just wondering how do we get a damage boost using Profane bloom? Which of our skills counts as a curse?

I really want to know this too. It's been bugging me ever since I read the main post. Is there something we're missing? Profane seems like a wasted point if you do not have a curse to activate it.
At level 68 and this is a really fun build, thanks! At first I was resistant to give up two wands as others have mentioned, however now I'm enjoying dagger + shield with Whirling Blades.

I agree that Pierce kicks Slower Projectile's butt. The faster projectiles make it easier to hit your intended target, and if a mob sneaks in front, it often goes through because of Pierce. Feels way nicer.

One question: why not use both? With Pierce + Empower (lvl 2) I've got a 12.8K/s ED, with Pierce + Slower Projectiles it's 14.2K/s. Is it just a playstyle preference with the slower projectiles or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks again!

"
midtown wrote:
At level 68 and this is a really fun build, thanks! At first I was resistant to give up two wands as others have mentioned, however now I'm enjoying dagger + shield with Whirling Blades.

I agree that Pierce kicks Slower Projectile's butt. The faster projectiles make it easier to hit your intended target, and if a mob sneaks in front, it often goes through because of Pierce. Feels way nicer.

One question: why not use both? With Pierce + Empower (lvl 2) I've got a 12.8K/s ED, with Pierce + Slower Projectiles it's 14.2K/s. Is it just a playstyle preference with the slower projectiles or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks again!

Usually Empower outperforms Slower Projectiles in damage when it's level 4.

Empower 4 > Slower Proj 20/20 > Empower 3.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info