[2.3 Video Guide] Tanky Beginners Contagion/Essence Drain Occultist [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

Hey. Thanks for your answer! :)
I am level 79 now and Izaro on merciless was pretty easy. This Build is really amazing and enjoyable. Thumbs up!
One question though, do you have some tipps for Atziri? I tried the apex twice now, but I fail in the first boss room already.. resistances are capped, I got all the ES nodes and almost all Life nodes (3 missing under the scion area). 10,5k ehp and enough manareg to spam ED and put Wither totems up. unfortunatly no 6l and no Empower so far, for the boss room I swapped Pierce with Iron will because I have about 180 strength from my gear and the Dps boost was atleast very effective on other bosses..
Also can you give advice for key Setup on this Build? Currently I have ED on Right Click and Contagion on Q, Wither Totem on W. But sometimes it feels like Q does not cast the Skill.. (maybe because I am still casting ED)? This keeps getting even more annoying when opening Strongboxes.. I whirl away, try to cast Contagion before ED'ing but I do not even notice that Contagion was not casted and wonder why the mobs don't die..
Does this "effect" become less when getting more cast speed on gear?
Last edited by JTiYo on Apr 24, 2016, 9:28:51 PM
Before anyone asks, yes this build is very viable for the upcoming 2-week race!

Best of luck! :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Is it me or are the links to the tree for a Witch and this is in the Scion forum? What am I missing here?
after ascendacy many threads change class, but they cant move their threads to other class sections
Hello! I wonder why you use a dagger with 40% increase critical chance if you're using controlled destruction who removes 100% crit ? :/ i don't get why you don't take a wand with more spell damage
"
Clarove wrote:
Hello! I wonder why you use a dagger with 40% increase critical chance if you're using controlled destruction who removes 100% crit ? :/ i don't get why you don't take a wand with more spell damage

Most likely because whirling blades requires a dagger
Updated for 2.3 - This is still an Occultist!

Nothing too major has changed besides us being able to get 8 ascendancy points now. This means we can pick up Profane Bloom for a nice damage boost!
I tried this build now, it´s pretty funny but how to hell is this hardcore viable? sometimes i´m faster dead than i can cast essence drain / contagion. fast monsters and projectiles are a big problem for me.
Last edited by QuickSwipe on Jun 7, 2016, 2:53:53 PM
"
Lullus wrote:
I tried this build now, it´s pretty funny but how to hell is this hardcore viable? sometimes i´m faster dead than i can cast essence drain / contagion. fast monsters and projectiles are a big problem for me.

You probably just need more life and energy shield then mate. This build is VERY tanky by itself once you have the gear :)
"
"
Lullus wrote:

You probably just need more life and energy shield then mate. This build is VERY tanky by itself once you have the gear :)

okay, i have only ~2,1k life and ~2k ES. i will try to stack more.
Last edited by QuickSwipe on Jun 8, 2016, 10:27:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info