Best support gem for Herald of Ice?

Hello guys!

Could you help me figure out what would be the best support gem for HoI? With Hatred and HoI I still have more than enough unreserved mana(somewhere around 166 free out of 666), so I believe that I could spare some of it and squeeze out some extra damage from my herald.

I'm playing a crit attack build on the right side of the tree(currently using lightning strike, but the tree is pretty generic crit dagger, so I can swap skills every now and then), so I'm thinking that crit multi might be best, but conc effect, inc effect, inc crit and others might be contenders.

Any thoughts on the matter are appreciated! :)
Last bumped on Jul 4, 2018, 1:46:29 AM
I wonder why you use herald of ice and not herald of fire? or even herald of thunder as you are playing l. strike.

But you could try increased or conc. effect gems for those heralds.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
HoI Ice Bite Culling Strike
"
HoI Ice Bite Culling Strike

This sounds good.
I use a lvl4 enhance.
18% increased GLOBAL cold damage is sweet for an ice-oriented build.
Ice Bite currently is in a state where it very rarely does anything. I'm playing a Freezing Pulser - so mobs get frozen frequently - and linked Herald of Ice to Ice Bite. I did a few map runs and never even got a single Frenzy charge, it is just far too conditional.

Culling Strike could be decent.

If you deal enough cold damage then Hypothermia also becomes a good option.

If you really have too much mana then Cold Penetration is the obvious choice.

Also don't forget about the Item Rarity support.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"
PaladinSMD wrote:
I wonder why you use herald of ice and not herald of fire? or even herald of thunder as you are playing l. strike.

But you could try increased or conc. effect gems for those heralds.

I'm using it for autocursing and generation of power charges(it is already linked with Assasin's Mark and Curse on Hit).
"
Yggdrasil_57 wrote:
I use a lvl4 enhance.
18% increased GLOBAL cold damage is sweet for an ice-oriented build.

18% increase of my Hatred damage?
I'm not mistaken in the assumption that HoI can crit, right?
so much mess and misinformation here again..

"
18% increase of my Hatred damage?

it will stack with any other applicable "increased" damage, damage from hatred is based on phys so thus it will stack also with increased damage from phys.. resulting in tiny damage change

"

Ice Bite currently is in a state where it very rarely does anything. I'm playing a Freezing Pulser - so mobs get frozen frequently - and linked Herald of Ice to Ice Bite.

of course, if you already one-hot all with your main skill.. probably not ideal for your build. but it can work just fine for many builds when linked to culling strike.. the skill itself can deal some nice damage (especially from AoE overlap), but only in case you use generic damage modifiers and not focus on spell ones (it does not deal spell damage)

"

I'm not mistaken in the assumption that HoI can crit, right?

skill has no listed base crit chance, so no, it cannot crit, unless you curse enemies to have additional chance to receive crit
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info