[2.1] Bitterdream Freezing Pulse ("Bitterpulse") - Now with Video Guide!

"
__Z__ wrote:
Nice, I had the project to try this mace. I think it's really hard to obtain the corrupted mod, Ill try anyway.
Did you think that the build is doable in a more HC tanky version, I was thinking at something like repentance to get iron will in order to compensate for a lot less spells/frost damage that can't obviously be taken on the tree ?

You could try an Iron Will / RF based version in HC. I heard from someone who tried it and said it was going well for them. They used a Kaom's Heart, Rise of the Phoenix and Repentance gloves. You would have to figure out the specifics yourself (and, TBH, I wouldn't personally build around rare corrupted uniques in a HC setting).
I'm trying to make an Iron Will/RF Bitterdream version of this build using Repentance gloves with a Koam's heart and a dual curse on hit with herald of ice. Maybe herald of ice wouldn't be the best choice though since you would probably be shattering the entire pack and dual curse/any curse wouldn't really be beneficial at all. Thoughts? What does this tree look like?

Version 1

Version 2

Version 3 (Best version imo)
Spoiler

9.9% life regen
182% max life
80% ele dmg
142% cold dmg

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA2E2UoNpiaHQYVvnoQYe3PoPM_go8LfJF2L3GroNfOuE1kgthrj4MX6ZX_o-vbGebHKdN42jy5FHUj1OlfEt8DvAfUEcZLpZ0p1WiAO8O2WFboOFzBLMUIFcNrY2aO8BmXz_xrM9-7TyCm_ZIKS7Vpuw4xFjkIjrYhXsabCcvZlSdrjbpkFWUb6cI5Yskqho4cg_a3RVQ6-752xZvcYWa4IUyfIN-x-NqVylFnREtRtdTUiyc2rkQWLFCr5uVBDI0HwIEB4PbVcY6WKyYEQ9MLUT7O-OKKGQJF1SOPFZKnqEigZ8B
Last edited by superjack010 on Jan 12, 2016, 8:18:27 PM
I've never tried an Iron Will or RF build, so my input won't be of much use with the passive tree.

As for Herald of Ice, I would not bother trying to set-up a Dual Curse with that. It requires you to kill things BEFORE it will proc curses on other things, has a very small AoE, and will hardly ever proc on the big targets (like a boss) when you need it most.

You can always try Ice Nova + Curse on Hit + Curse + Curse if you just want a one button curse option?
hi, first of i run your build for a couple days now on lvl 72
but i realy struggle on cold resist mobs as this build only deals cold right?
how do you handle it?

ps: just returned to PoE after a 2 year break so im realy outdated
Last edited by Azuna1 on Jan 13, 2016, 4:35:51 AM
"
Azuna1 wrote:
hi, first of i run your build for a couple days now on lvl 72
but i realy struggle on cold resist mobs as this build only deals cold right?
how do you handle it?

ps: just returned to PoE after a 2 year break so im realy outdated

Well, Bitterdream has 18% built-in cold resist penetration. My passive tree also picks up 5% (2% from "Celestial Judgement" and 3% from "Heart of Ice") - I would definitely try and pick those up around your current level, if you didn't already. I'm also using gloves that auto-curse mobs with Elemental Weakness level 10 on every hit. That's another 29% there.

And finally, if you're still having issues with cold res mobs, try an Atziri's Promise flask to give you up to 15% of your elemental damage added as chaos. That should help dig into those cold res mobs a little.

Personally, I have not been having any issues with cold res (though rolling maps with extra cold res definitely slows down clear speed a noticeable amount). It could be that your damage is still quite low? Gem levels and gear can make a huge difference.
Hi Yordle,

very nice build!

I'd like to ask you a couple of things:

1) which jewels are you using? In case you're not using it, do you think that http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spirited_Response could be a good choice?
2) why you stop Clarity gem progression at level 5?

Thanks a lot, regards
Jeah i got the uniques too. Prolly my low dmg and the fact that my teammates overwrite my curses
"
johnbocchi wrote:
Hi Yordle,

very nice build!

I'd like to ask you a couple of things:

1) which jewels are you using? In case you're not using it, do you think that http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spirited_Response could be a good choice?
2) why you stop Clarity gem progression at level 5?

Thanks a lot, regards

I'm using all rare jewels with at least 3 good damage rolls. A couple 40% damage ones and some 25% + cast speed.

That threshold jewel looks quite good. I forgot rallying cry had one. Personally, I'm at the point where my mana is in a great place and even big hits don't dent my pool thanks to leech/regen. It would really help earlier on, though, for sure!

Clarity is at five for the same reason. A tad more flat mana regen, but I'm doing really well on mana, so I'd rather keep as much unreserved as I can.
Hi, nice build, I am gonna start doing it soon. Have few questions though. How crucial is to have the Bitterdream with 10% faster cast speed? And if having all the items displayed what is the highest level of maps that you can do with this build, can you do Atziri and uber with it?
curently leveling with:
to be equiped:
or?
failed bitterdreams:
planned corruptions
whenever i figure out the links and have tried out my bitterdream i will be corrupting asenaths and some of thos rings.
how much currency i spent on getting my bitterdream?
im not sure, i had to buy the bitterdreams 3linked and had to spend lets say 300chromes in order to hit the 2b 1g on each and another vaal orb on each in order to get them corrupted, i could immagine i spent around 30c or so, if you wanna try this for yourself, search for 3link bitterdreams for 1c is below and stack up on tons of vaal orbs and chromes. if you have the currency and are not afraid of spending them, feel free to search for any 1-3 link/socketed bitterdreams and buy as many as you can have just like before have a few 100 chromes and a stack or a few of vaal orbs and do it again, you might even end up profitting if you get a few. i have my corrupted bitterdreams on trade with thos colors on poe.trade right now. <- keeping this in mind, pay attention to if the bitterdreams are allready corrupted or not by tagging the corrupted mod on 'no'
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info