Hit the map and experience wall - how to overcome it?

"
gilrad wrote:
Yeah, once you decide to park your character level, the game becomes a whole lot less stressful!

Just yesterday I played nearly all day for my day off, made around 40% xp, and lost 20% to deaths. My reaction: "huh, I didn't think X boss was super dangerous with Y mod. Noted."

Whereas if I'm climbing the levels, I always feel really bad about all those high-level maps worth 5+ chaos white that I burnt because I sneezed at an inopportune time.

I do this in cycles. When I am pushing for a lvl I no balls it like a HC character and utilize my logout macro as well. But when I am not I will go into situations where I know there is a high chance of death. The game is so much more fun and thrilling when you actually face challenges instead of run from them!
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
I've seen some lengthy answers, so I'm just gonna give you a quick rundown:

"
Rascalor wrote:
T14 was hard and the T15 I ripped at the boss too often :)

This is where you problem lays. At levels 90+ you simply cannot die. If you do, even occasionally, you are wasting a lot of resources. A single death might mean a loss of experience from 2+ maps, which can cost you A LOT. You cannot afford that.

"
Rascalor wrote:

Is that true for single player or only when you do map rotations mostly?

You can do it on your own, using benefits of trading. Trading is not as hard you make it, too. Without selling anything, you won't be able to get enough currency to gear up properly, which means you won't be able to do high tier maps without dying. Trading is crucial part of the game, so you'll have to learn it.

"
Rascalor wrote:

What I did until now was:

• Chisel maps that are t10+
• Alch &
• Vaal them

so that rarity is at least >100%

Considering you are dying on those maps, in isn't very smart to Vaal them. :P I never Vaal high tier maps, as those few additional % are not worth risking a wasted map, since some mods can pretty much make map impossible to complete.

"
Rascalor wrote:

• What are the best options to increase map drops?
• What mods I should look to have on maps to get more maps?
• Does MF Gear help to have MORE map drops?
• Does MF Gear help to have BETTER map drops?
• Is there a channel for occasional map rotations?
• What Zana Mods are worth it in terms of Maps Drops – heard “Ambush” is good, is that true? If so, why?

- Bonus quantity from maps, which is what you are doing already
- Those who doesn't bother your build too much, but give fair amount of additional % (like, Enfeeble curse on Summoner build - literally free Quantity)
- Nope
- Nope (you'll get more Unique maps, tho)
- Not sure what you mean with "occasional" :P
- Potential Cartographer boxes. On high tier maps, a Cartographer means pretty much 10ex+ worth of maps. It is worth to chaos spam it, until you get almost perfect mods on it, since maps it drops will be worth far more than few chaos you drop on it.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jan 11, 2016, 1:22:47 AM
hey i reached level 90 with my shadow /chaos/poison caster and the following is what i experienced:

drops are fine from t1-t7 (mb up to t8)

after t7/8 its getting abit ugly for me to sustain t9-11...

im doing the same chisel white maps -> alc -> if good qunatitiy or pack size on it run them otherwise chaos them!

currency wise im ok but still my mid map pool is ok but my high / higher mid map pool is meh...

so what are the options?
1. buy maps
2. start a new char...

I choose 2. und loving it... currently levling my 2nd char to 90 which should be fine with my map pool... what am i doing with it when it reaches 90? atziri... if that is done deathless...

After that i can choose between my bladevortex build and my coc build... i guess ill run with the coc one and bring it to 90...

currently my trapper reaches around 80mil/h and im fine with it running t7-9

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info