[2.1.0] Noms's HC Talisam non-crit Blast Rain Duelist - Chin Sol & Point Blank & Abysuss

Don't get me wrong, you can post anything you like here, not my business, just stating obvious..

Our skill trees are almost identical. Abyssus doesn't make a build. I have 85% phys reduction with 4 ECs, more than enough. Synchronizing bloodgrip's special explicit? C'mon :) .. Gem setups? You mean choosing between defensive and offensive auras? Doesn't really make a build either ;) And it's perfectly viable knowing something is hardcore viable while playing softcore, don't be silly..

People usually mention a build that was, let's say, inspirational for making their own, that's all.
No worries, enjoy your build!

PS I'd suggest using Fire penetration over Added fire damage since it multiplies all the damage you do, not just phys part.
Last edited by kralj87 on Jan 10, 2016, 1:52:31 PM
"
kralj87 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, you can post anything you like here, not my business, just stating obvious..

Our skill trees are almost identical. Abyssus doesn't make a build. I have 85% phys reduction with 4 ECs, more than enough. Synchronizing bloodgrip's special explicit? C'mon :) .. Gem setups? You mean choosing between defensive and offensive auras? Doesn't really make a build either ;) And it's perfectly viable knowing something is hardcore viable while playing softcore, don't be silly..

People usually mention a build that was, let's say, inspirational for making their own, that's all.
No worries, enjoy your build!

PS I'd suggest using Fire penetration over Added fire damage since it multiplies all the damage you do, not just phys part.

oooh... you are totally right. Using a chin sol is going to be a build while synchronizing other unique is not. How forgetting am I. yeah....abyssus and bloodgrip totally not going to work together, as well as endurance charge and soul of steel or even iron reflex.

And yes, gem setup is not in one similar, the priority and supports are not even alike. Slower proj vs PPAD? PPAD vs Conc effet? oh, sorry, they are totally the same. even vaal burning arrow is just same old skill as puncture. And i guess CWDT's link gems doesnt even matter cause its just CWDT. Neither does Auras, cause they just give us extra stats, who cares? right?

Did you even read the 100% conversion part? thats like not even similar to yours as well.

And for the Fire penetration, you do realize that, for the 1st hybrid damage variant, if we switch out Added fire, we are dealing "ONLY 36% of damage as fire"? using fire pen will give me only 13% damage increase.
Fire Pen only works superior than others while you are dealing 100% fire. Hence that's why i used fire pen only in 100% fire variant. Clear?

Moreover, if i remember correctly, your guide wasn't even using blast rain when you starting to write. Its was siege balista and shrapnel shot.

Yeah, i'm so going to make 10 post about ascendancy build ideas now; and change all the contents after i saw cleaver ideas and claim them all mine.
Last edited by NomuraSho on Jan 11, 2016, 6:45:25 AM
Great build from reading the guide.

However, could you please post some videos of this build in action possibly clearing some high level maps or doing bosses?

Thanks
"
bowen123 wrote:
Great build from reading the guide.

However, could you please post some videos of this build in action possibly clearing some high level maps or doing bosses?

Thanks

I'll see what i can do. Will try to add in some T12 runs and Merciless Malachai.

Last edited by NomuraSho on Jan 10, 2016, 4:04:52 PM
Ok, I can clearly see you're more than familiar with my build from it's start. That explains :)
Yeah, I've been using Shrapnel for first 4 days until I tried Blast Rain in late game. I haven't seen any Blast Rain builds before, so..

You mentioned 100% fire conversion as one of the features of your build, that's why I advised using Fire Pen. I guess you actually don't have 100 fire conversion, so that's out.

Just relax, you seem very tense! It's a great build, I'm sure you're enjoying it and I'd suggest everyone to try it out! Cheers :*

Your first comment just triggered my nerves, those statement were just humiliating.
Next time please think twice before accusing others and denying all their effort. Or at least read the full article before you judge.
I'm, however, sorry for some of my immature reply to your comments as well.

And yeah, my guide already contains two variation of builds. one without penetration but hybrid damage source; and one using fire pen with 100% conversion.
Last edited by NomuraSho on Jan 11, 2016, 7:48:41 AM
Added a T12 map run video.
Edited minor content in 100% fire conversion variant section.
Hi NomuraSho nice video, I seen your reply on my topic other day and been following your channel waiting for a video.

Is the Chin Sol + Point Blank really that much stronger, I've been running a test. I dropped Point Blank and used the 4 points I got back to invest in 2x Jewel Slots, I've not found or crafted anything decent yet as mine are just Damage + Attack Speed target is to get 50% more damage while having extra stats like Attack Speed or Life.

I then dropped Chin Sol for Lioneye's Glare, my idea was if I can pump out 2x more damage then Chin Sol I'm more or = to Chin Sol. I believe once I get new Bow I will blow Chin Sol out of the water in terms of damage.

Buffed, 3x Endurance Charges + Armor Flask and 4x Frenzy Charges. (Done in Dried Lake)
Spoiler

Do you think the my idea would be stronger, I also tested using Abyssus and Ash + Hatred I reached 42k Tooltip dps but not sure if it be viable.
Last edited by saizosol on Jan 12, 2016, 7:22:02 PM
While a perfect rolled Lioneye's Glare is about 335 DPS, Chin Sol gives us the ability to have a bow with 500 physical DPS and 100 fire DPS in close range. Point Blank pumps the damage even further. So its a great unique for a fresh league, where high Tier Bow are rare.
However, it has some draw back, the knock back isn't always beneficial for builds. And not everyone like the idea of using a bow skill as melee.

A "very good" rare bow can out perform Chin Sol no doubt, but it is very unlikely to get a hold of such bow in a fresh league, especially in Hard Core Leagues.

So it really comes to the amount of currency you have, and what league you are playing.

Yet, if we are just comparing Lioneye's Glare and Chin Sol, i personally will still prefer Chin Sol. Chin Sol may give us almost double dps then Lioneye's. And the synergy with Point Blank is significant. As an non-crit build, we need to get as much as flate damage as possible, and chin sol is just an easy solution.
However, if ones really dislike the idea of melee, lioneye's or other rare bow with better DPS may be a better choice.

Why the destroyer node? As far as i know 2h melee weapons do not include bows D: i dont get it....
Explain me please im a newbie player i need your help xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info