3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

"
can u look my char. any thing to improve?
i feel like i have so low dps. what is maximum dps for this build?

here my jewels
1. 4% inc attack speed/ 5% inc max life / 12% melee damage
2. might and influence
3. 15% inc. phy. with axes / 12 inc. melee damage

thanks you

Max DPS for the build should be around 1M at critical peak with average epic damage around 700k but most players hover around 150-250k average damage tooltip and maybe peak 350k. But ignore tooltips as they are mostly incorrect, what you wanna do to see your DPS is to open the character panel, highlight dual strike with auras active (is any) then go next to an enemy (remove Vengeance gem) and allow him to hit you, then activate all of your damage potions after he strikes you and that is your base damage being shown. That is what you do all the time. Now activate Warchief totem and Golem is you bother with one and try to get hit again, activate all pots and that is your middle damage. In boss fights those totems and golems dies fast so you won't always do that damage so it's nice to know your base and mid damage.

Now the hard part, go to a slow hard hitting boss, my favorite is t15 Kaom and allow him to hit you fucking hard for a savage hit. With totem, golem and all potions active THAT is your peak tanking damage. That is the damage you do 1v1 against hard bosses that can actually test your guy. You will likely only do that damage output under harsh conditions.

If you rock bleed, basically add 100k to everything you see above. Most have tooltups around the 100-200k but they are actually closer to 450-550k. Rogue only has mid-budget gear and does 550k if I recall correctly and he takes down Shaper fine as do many others.

YOUR GEAR
#1 Your gloves can totally get 16% APS, just takes a lot of crafting attempts and costs lots of alchs. Totally do this ASAP
#2 Your siege axe is a good!! I'm impressed. I don't see many axe wielders with an axe like yours, about mid-budget
#3 Soul Taker is what it is. Can't help it. You are fully capable of switching to a great rare Siege axe and dropping one aura for more reliable phys. dmg. output rather than using auras for elemental damage which in a lot of maps is slashed by enemy resistances.
#4 Nothing wrong with your belt :D
#5 Why did you craft armor on your helm? My build isn't armor focused
#6 Your fucking rings and amulet make me jealous haha so much added damage, I bet you get 25k alone from those
#7 Kaoms with perfect life. Nuff said.
#8 Lion's Roar! Yeah man, love it when I see people use this. Try to use it only on bosses. It can scatter mobs and make DPS seem lower when you cannot just insta-kill mobs when they knock back out of your reach.
#9 Get 1 or 2 Silver Flasks
#10 Jewels are ok. They are about what I'd expect from mid-geared guys. They are a little above average. The 12% damage is fantastic to have. You may consider APS though, as my build focuses heavily on APS with jewels. But again, if I had those jewels I probably would not change them for such minor increases. If you are dying though, then def change them to reach 12% APS instead. You can get 7% max life 8-16% APS jewels that often also have melee damage too but they can be costly.

Your gear is fine. You may be making some mistakes in gameplay.
1. Approach outer edges of mob
2. Activate Lion's Roar, totem and golem (I prefer lightning golem)
3. Leap slam into center of mob, dual striking as soon as you land using the "Attack in Place" key so you can stand still while striking, this helps as dual strike Auto-Aims
4. Activate silver flask immediately after you begin dual striking
5. Pwn.

P.S. Love the Dark Souls Onion Knight reference. I'm a big souls and bloodbourne addict!
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Sep 14, 2017, 1:34:11 AM
Dumb mechanics question, why does not maim work with dual strike? I have one linked in totem, but I have another 20q one in the stash from other build and when I add it to the DS setup it improves his DPS tooltip by a lot
"
Karibean12 wrote:
Dumb mechanics question, why does not maim work with dual strike? I have one linked in totem, but I have another 20q one in the stash from other build and when I add it to the DS setup it improves his DPS tooltip by a lot
Not sure why you ask the question. Just compare the gems Brutality, Ruthless Blows and Maim. It's that easy to tell which ones are better. My dual striker uses Brutality and Ruthless for extremely obvious reasons. Feel free to message back if you're still confused.
@Umbra_the_Wolf
Thanks you a lot for your suggestion
"
@Umbra_the_Wolf
Thanks you a lot for your suggestion

sure dude, hope it helps. Totally insane aggression is the best defense, forgot to say that is how you survive :D lots of people are careful and edge mobs. Then they die because they are hitting half the mob for half of the potential leech and stun potential but the entire mob is hitting them instead.
"
Philkingz wrote:
"
Maim support gem should NEVER be used in your Dual Strike setup, it should be used on totem or leap slam to add the debuff of 'takes increased physical damage' to the monsters.

"
I don't think he meant use it in Dual Strike brah, gem clearly offers no benefit in dual strike

29% more physical damage does sound "beneficial" to me, especially when you do not use cleave, sword-crit or fullphysical. Even with the totem inflicting the "increased damage taken"-debuff for you, maim-support still delievers a 29% more multiplier. No conc-effect, no brutality. So what is left over? I see you having "faster attacks" in PoB, but it is just an additive 44% to your already high sum of IaS. If you cant take conc-effect or bloodlust or brutality, i see no reason to go for faster attacks.
The highest DPS-output for non crit build would be:
DS-brutality-meelphys-ruthless-multistrike-bloodlust without bloodlust, it would be maim.

Tell me if im wrong.

Another question: In your first PoB link you have checked "enemy is shocked" in PoB? Is there anything i oversee how this build is able to shock a guardian/shaper for 50% intensity or was this a pre 3.0 link?

edit: Im refering to the acmetri-link your featuring: https://pastebin.com/HfDSVTJw

You're wrong for one reason
APS is survival. Dropping Faster Attacks is suicide and the DPS gains are marginal when you throw away 1/4 of your leeching ability.

Rogue and Acmetri will have to defend their POB's and pastebins. It's easy to make mistakes with one click on a check box man. I can say you're not likely to get many good responses coming off so confrontational. Maim is not an acceptable gem, not compared to the others that we do use but you're free to test it out for yourself at your own risk. There is always a brainy kid who likes to compare numbers to all of the combined experience of my dual striking team, perhaps you should take your own words with a grain of salt.

Rogue, would you like to say a few words? This kid seems like he knows his stuff lol
bump
bump this banana
Defending the MAIM guy I have to say that maybe is not a bad choice if you dont have a lot of bleed chance , because bloodlust is kind of useless without reliable blood chance and brutality does not allows you to do good auras/atziri promise.
hi, ty for nice build. I have some question:
what is pantheon you use ?
and i dont use bloodlust, what is the best gem i should have for 6 link?
Can you see my character on pob and help me what do i have to change ?
my id: trungtiu
character name: supersaiyankame

thank you very much :D
Last edited by trungtiu on Sep 14, 2017, 3:36:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info