3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

I really want to start this build but I have my doubts because the 3.0 thing about going life.

I see a lot of builds going berserker like the solution for everything and I know this build needs to facetank..its how the skill works and thats fine, thats the beauty of dual strike and the magic of the build.

But my concerns are that the 'Facetank the whole game, due to Cloaked in Savagery' is like a lie in builds with life. In last leagues with pools of 17k ES and vaal pact you can facetank everything but now with pools of life of 5k or 6k this builds can really be played?

Most bosses in red maps deals oneshots of more than 6k damage. So Hows the build for red map bosses?. You have to dodge (on the bosses) or you will die?. Can you play without requiring lots of dodging?.

Thanks...

Last edited by yissus on Aug 20, 2017, 3:57:20 AM
"
yissus wrote:

Most bosses in red maps deals oneshots of more than 6k damage. So Hows the build for red map bosses?. You have to dodge (on the bosses) or you will die?. Can you play without requiring lots of dodging?.

Thanks...

With 6.6k life, I was tanking T15 bosses tonight in groups. Meant to get a video of tanking Abyss Kaom in an 8 mod corrupted map, but the vid cut before the boss :( and my gear is still not great, I intend to hit 8k life at least.
Hi, could you send me some tips for a begineer? I don't grasp all the info about leveling TBH.

Which gems should I get /buy at the begining, which gems should I level, tree...

Explain me like I'm 5 :D

If this build is noob friendly, if not just ignore me :P

Which tree is the good one? There s one posted by Rogue and another by umbra.
Last edited by LinkRyu on Aug 20, 2017, 5:29:14 AM
"
yissus wrote:
I really want to start this build but I have my doubts because the 3.0 thing about going life.

I see a lot of builds going berserker like the solution for everything and I know this build needs to facetank..its how the skill works and thats fine, thats the beauty of dual strike and the magic of the build.

But my concerns are that the 'Facetank the whole game, due to Cloaked in Savagery' is like a lie in builds with life. In last leagues with pools of 17k ES and vaal pact you can facetank everything but now with pools of life of 5k or 6k this builds can really be played?

Thanks...

My build attacks 1080x per minute. He leeches over 800k life per second.
Other life builds are not dual strikers bro.
Fear is for the weak, maybe striking isn't for you.
If you want an easy, skirting type of melt build play a cookie cutter build and be bored in 2 hours.
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
"
LinkRyu wrote:
Hi, could you send me some tips for a begineer? I don't grasp all the info about leveling TBH.

Which gems should I get /buy at the begining, which gems should I level, tree...

Explain me like I'm 5 :D

If this build is noob friendly, if not just ignore me :P

Which tree is the good one? There s one posted by Rogue and another by umbra.

All gems are required but you just pick your favorite setup. Seeing how you're new you'll want the Bruthless Striker variant so look in gem section and buy/find those gems. Obviously we cannot handhold you. You will have to equip the skills as they become available by leveling or may have stat requirements you cannot fulfill early on but most skills can be equipped right away.

I don't recommend axes or swords as both are pretty par, but can say axes are more fun but swords can be much cheaper. Axes do more damage but swords are faster. It's tit for tat. My preference is axes but for early playing swords might be easier to buy.
Face Tanked Shaper killed him 4 times

umbra ftw!!

only have to dodge his teleport explosion
What do you think about Carnage heart? is it a bit over top with the leech we already have or what
And one more question, this build does AOE? How is the clearing? Tyvm
"
spookyswag wrote:
What do you think about Carnage heart? is it a bit over top with the leech we already have or what

Nah, you want lots of health on your ammy and added phys damage. Carnage Heart provides neither. It's tailor made for Slayer. The damage while leeching is completely wasted on us.
"
Anilogas wrote:
Face Tanked Shaper killed him 4 times

umbra ftw!!

only have to dodge his teleport explosion

Yep! Good internet connection is key to that fight. After that, just get away from that 20k slam he does and the rest is just the arena. He actually isn't bad at all. It's the arena!!

I may have made the character and done a lot solo to get him in shape for tanking over the years, but it's people like Soup and Rogue who make him shine in ways I don't usually catch. The subtle nuances they brought into striking seem small but are huge because fine tuning is the hardest part. A second pair of eyes (or in this case, three pairs) is always better than one. Rogue had a huge role in getting him in shape for 3.0 just like Soup kept this guy strong against Shaper in 2.4 to 2.6. I made him in 1.0 and Soup won a contest I posted in 2.4 to become the next dual striker since I retired the game but maintain the forum. Nothing much has changed and I can help build him each patch with just memory. When the next patch comes, or if a big one comes to make things mechanically different I'll be obsolete and people like Rogue will keep this guy going strong.

~Umbra

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info