3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

Oh no dont get me wrong... i love the dual striker. I just dont really play standard and had a respec and some money to blow so just messing around with stuff to see for myself.

Edit: Man that dual strike gem is so damn good.
Last edited by PhreEkGarden on Jul 8, 2017, 8:14:47 PM
"
jonysousa wrote:
"
Don't get Taste of Hate, that's super super optional. Sin's is fine to get after you get all of your other gear, as I consider it only worthwhile for endgame elite dual strikers due to its expense and limited use in long fights.

Get the cheaper axe because the difference is so small between then it'd make no sense to get a 50c axe that sucks a little less than the one that is 1/10th the price.

In order of importance get these if you are starting budget then
going elite if you like dual striking enough

Keep in mind that during all of this you are more than able to level gems to 20 then do the vendor recipe to 20q them but re-level them. Getting gems to lv15-17 in high tier maps take like a day so you'll be fine to do this. The difference between a 20q-lv20 gem and a plain lv20 gem is very, very small. This also means that spending money on corrupted gems like lv21-23q is probably not amazing til you have mostly everything already

1) Soul Taker + Bringer of Rain + Good rare siege axe 150-280 range min/max and 1.88-1.90 APS
2) Rings + Amulet to safely and effectively equip current gear and unique gear that may drop resistances/intelligence
3) Kaom's boots with 180+ life on them once your resistances are doing fine
4) Swap out your crappy rare gloves with high life, 12-16% APS gloves, with 0.4% leech if you're reallllllllllly going for the gold
5) A belt with three resistances around 35-45% and 120 life total (like 90-100 life + another 20-30. Not too too expensive)
6) 20q gems and Special flasks may be a good purchase at this point as they are far, far cheaper than #7
7) At this point you may be considering true endgame commitment as an elite dual striker, which will require absolutely mindblowing axes around 200-400 pDPS 1.90 APS. From what I've seen you won't quite find this level of awesome in non-standard leagues but even getting one around 2/3rds that is still really really great

8) Legacy gear of your choosing such as legacy Soul Taker, Bringer of Rain with 200+ life and 15% block on it or you can rock 6L Belly of the Beast with a 90+ life dual/tri-res rare helm. Regardless, most of these will require being pushed into standard league usually when GGG introduces new leagues then ends the old ones. This sadly you have no control of, but it will happen, which will open up the most epic gear in the entire game.

Hope this helps! I'd post this in the thread but I've reached my thread size limit and cannot write more without deleting more

Hope you don't mind me PMing you but im raelly really enjoying this manly build and atm i got some cheap gear that i will link you in the PM, i will follow your instruction above if you don't answear PM's but anyways really thanks for helping!

Replied to your email xD
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
"
PhreEkGarden wrote:
Oh no dont get me wrong... i love the dual striker. I just dont really play standard and had a respec and some money to blow so just messing around with stuff to see for myself.

Edit: Man that dual strike gem is so damn good.

Just giving you a heads up, that's all. There are no other dual striker builds out there nor have there ever, even back as far as POE v1.0 when I started playing. But have fun with whatever you do and if what you do works, cool!
bump
Gyus, can you please check my gear https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Reedgf/characters and suggest what I can improve in 1-2 ex? Just got stuck in t7 maps and even there clear speed is rly low :(
Last edited by Reedgf on Jul 9, 2017, 6:09:07 AM
"
Reedgf wrote:
Gyus, can you please check my gear https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Reedgf/characters and suggest what I can improve in 1-2 ex? Just got stuck in t7 maps and even there clear speed is rly low :(

The good
-Helm is bordering awesome, very good life on it and dual to tri res helms with that amount of life are ex.pen.sive!

The bad-
-You're using a mace, so huge loss of axe passives there
-Mace is extremelyslow, which will cause MASSIVE APS and damage dropoff.
A 5-10 chaos axe with 1.88-1.90 APS and 90-170 one hand damage would be superior (dunno what pDPS that equals)
-Belly MUST be 6L, as I wrote in my guide. Until then. BRINGER OF RAIN.
-Belly must NOT be used with less than 7700 life or you will die more since life pool is insufficient. Bringer of Rain, even non-legacy, is still superior with 1000 less life due to very high block synergy with Rumi Concoction + Leech = Godly survival on a budget
-Bringer of Rain offers better lower-level survival AND higher DPS than Belly. Even when you're lv100 DPS is still a good bit higher than with Belly so Bringer of Rain is pure endgame survival from 1-hits. It's a 7L after all.
-Gloves needs 12-16% APS
----Use two Bleed potions, one with instant recovery and the other with slower rate but higher health healed
/Use two Rumi's Concoction to negate attacks rather than taking them with higher armor
/Use Atziri's Promise flask for melee dmg and elemental synergy DPS boosts
/Lion's Roar flask for increase in melee dmg which will boost all other potions and elemental dmg as well since they draw from base melee damages
-Why, oh why, are you using a flame golem lol lame to the max! Get those gems lv20! Shock nova is about as threatening as a terd in a field. Drop it
-Dude, you don't even have Bloodlust on your ssetup which means your Voidheart ring isn't giving you any meaningful bonuses
-Poacher's Mark will do virtually nothing to save you with all these mistakes you're making. Follow my gem setup. Read my guide and be a copycat to the max

If you're using Belly because of resistances issues or something you're actually better off not having max res while using Bringer of Rain and simply control your map mods, for example.

You definitely need to read my guide, you're making a lot of silly, obvious mistakes that my guide very thoroughly addresses
Use CTRL+F to find specific keywords if reading for 20 minutes is suicide to you, sure seems like it is for most people these days

I'll be on a few more times today to see if you need additional help, UTC time

~Umbra
the Wolf bleeds
yet dies not...
UNLESS YOU DON'T READ MY
FRIGGIN' GUIDE lol

Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Jul 9, 2017, 9:46:17 AM
Thanks dude, my fault - I've just copied gem setup from one of the dude's characters from this tread, I will double read it.
"
Reedgf wrote:
Thanks dude, my fault - I've just copied gem setup from one of the dude's characters from this tread, I will double read it.

Yeah make sure you follow the gem section. The links and gems in links on the thread have weird information loss with daily thread edits. I've seen all kinds of weird things happen like if I link gear, then in-game change the gems like to level them up, sometimes they change in thread too.

Don't even get me started on spoiler coding malfunctions lol
Hello.

I have a weird problem : i cant reach your dps. according to POB, it is 240k (yours) vs 120k (mine).

Here is a modified version of your build : https://pastebin.com/jPCDKsaa

What i changed :
no jewels.
2x soul takers of lowest rolls.
only used lvl 18 gems 0% quality.
no amulet, no rings, no belt
no gloves
not using voidheart or bleeding/bloodlust.

Here is my build : https://pastebin.com/85A1WTkJ
i have better weapons and am using rings + amulet.
i am using added fire damage (which is extra dps only for me since i havent given that to your build)

your build's dps is STILL DOUBLE than mine.

what am i doing wrong?
afaik, i've correctly configured it, put in decent (not perfect, but decent) items.
Last edited by Disconaut on Jul 9, 2017, 4:42:46 PM
"
Disconaut wrote:
Hello.

I have a weird problem : i cant reach your dps. according to POB, it is 240k (yours) vs 120k (mine).

Here is a modified version of your build : https://pastebin.com/jPCDKsaa

What i changed :
no jewels.
2x soul takers of lowest rolls.
only used lvl 18 gems 0% quality.
no amulet, no rings, no belt
no gloves
not using voidheart or bleeding/bloodlust.

Here is my build : https://pastebin.com/85A1WTkJ
i have better weapons and am using rings + amulet.
i am using added fire damage (which is extra dps only for me since i havent given that to your build)

your build's dps is STILL DOUBLE than mine.

what am i doing wrong?
afaik, i've correctly configured it, put in decent (not perfect, but decent) items.

Your pastebin was deleted. Anyway, the POB damage per second includes 1.1M DPS with 3/5 pots active, savage hit taken, killed recently, warchief totem active and no auras. My DPS is about 1.4M total but average DPS for me is like 800-900k or so depending.

You will need all of my potions to help multiply plus a 1H axe that is more epic than the best 2H axes in the game currently lol to reach my DPS at least. Because my build dumps almost everything into life passives, the DPS is achieved by getting high base APS high pDPS axes which are really expensive and only on standard league as far as I know.

If you have a 1.90 APS rare axe and decide to settle on a Soul Taker, for example, that is 1.80 APS instead of 1.88 APS the DPS drop will be horrific. Same goes for pDPS. The difference between pDPS 300 and 350 and 400 and 450 (mine) is increasingly catastrophic due to APS and pDPS multiplication. My build is painfully synergistic and small increases and decreases in one area can have heavy effect in another area.

My Cataclysm Mangler was 200ex and Legacy Soul Taker 180ex. It's the achilles heel of my build- endgame can be very costly if you want more than tanking by itself.

I do not use Added Fire. It is inferior to Melee Damage on Full Life. Take whatever DPS tooltip you gain from Added Fire and lop off 75%. Remember that only Kaom and rare/unique enemies indicating that they have armor have physical damage reduction. So full physical is extremely reliable when tracking average damage outputs. You;re also losing a huge damage synergy with Melee Dmg on Full Life for the potions my build synergizes with. Using Melee Dmg on Full Life cranks DPS even more when you potion since they take melee phys dmg to multiply for additional dmg of other types.

Please keep in mind it's dumb to use two Soul Takers as they do not have great damage and offer no other benefit really. They also max at 1.88 APS. Also keep in mind my gems are corrupted usually lv21-23q my rings have some added dmg which is results in 10k DPS increases or more and my gloves are 16% APS and so on. My jewels also give me 11-16% APS on 5 jewels plus like another 30-40% melee phys dmg.

I'm not sure why I understand you would complain your DPS is low when you are not even fully geared and not even using lv20 gems at least and so on when you test your DPS. It'd be like me complaining that my magic damage is low when I am using none or that enemies won't die using dual strike when only having one axe equipped. I just don't get it.
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Jul 9, 2017, 6:18:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info