[2.2] Iron Will Dual Totem Bladefall [CHIEFTAIN] - updated for ascendacy

"
jerkan7 wrote:
What is your DPS?

with auras and lvl 21 bladefall and lvl 18, 20% support gems 29,457

"
Marxone wrote:
Isn't better option to go for Added fire over Conc Effect?

better option would be personal preference, added fire is less damage then conc effect but you do gain a bit more aoe. personally i dont feel the aoe gets all that small so i feel conc is better.
Last edited by KyuzouTV on Dec 30, 2015, 11:48:27 AM
Hi Kyuzoudono - nice to see another Dual Totem - IW - Bladefall build; I too am playing this, although with some differences.

* I went Scion so that I could take the starting Scion AOE nodes.
* Currently I'm not running HoA since I don't want to take the life hit running clarity off BM
* I'm running dual Doon's/Black Sun Crest
* I'll likely cover resists with jewels and use Hidden Potential along with magic rings and belt
* I've got a utility Ice Nova to break crates/barrels and a Flesh Offering to clear out mobs for strongbox yolo and to deal with Necrovigil/Shrouded.

I'm still undecided about HoA versus Poison/Wither versus Searing Bond as a final damage source.

- HoA offers a nice DPS boost but it looks like you'll need to take a hit on life to run it.

- Poison/Wither can work really well on bosses/rares, assuming you have enough time to cast Wither. But this doesn't seem to be the case often enough so that I'm probably not going to go this route.

- Searing Bond is a freebie so-to-speak. At the cost of 3 links you get something that adds a bit more damage (and it's not too shabby actually). I'm leaning towards this option unless I get enough health to run HoA.

Anyhow, nice to see another fellow totemer.
"
hankinsohl wrote:
Hi Kyuzoudono - nice to see another Dual Totem - IW - Bladefall build; I too am playing this, although with some differences.

* I went Scion so that I could take the starting Scion AOE nodes.
* Currently I'm not running HoA since I don't want to take the life hit running clarity off BM
* I'm running dual Doon's/Black Sun Crest
* I'll likely cover resists with jewels and use Hidden Potential along with magic rings and belt
* I've got a utility Ice Nova to break crates/barrels and a Flesh Offering to clear out mobs for strongbox yolo and to deal with Necrovigil/Shrouded.

I'm still undecided about HoA versus Poison/Wither versus Searing Bond as a final damage source.

- HoA offers a nice DPS boost but it looks like you'll need to take a hit on life to run it.

- Poison/Wither can work really well on bosses/rares, assuming you have enough time to cast Wither. But this doesn't seem to be the case often enough so that I'm probably not going to go this route.

- Searing Bond is a freebie so-to-speak. At the cost of 3 links you get something that adds a bit more damage (and it's not too shabby actually). I'm leaning towards this option unless I get enough health to run HoA.

Anyhow, nice to see another fellow totemer.

Always been a fan of totems :)
Black sun crest would most likely be a better choice on the left side of the tree considering all the dexterity needed, however alberons give 3% more strength which is more than you'd think.
I haven't messed around at all with poison so I wouldnt know the damage output differences, also I'm a huge sucker for iron will.
Unless you're running half regen maps you dont need clarity at all so I fail to see why you shouldnt be able to run HoA. Maybe pick up righteous decree?
"
"
hankinsohl wrote:

Black sun crest would most likely be a better choice on the left side of the tree considering all the dexterity needed, however alberons give 3% more strength which is more than you'd think.
I haven't messed around at all with poison so I wouldnt know the damage output differences, also I'm a huge sucker for iron will.
Unless you're running half regen maps you dont need clarity at all so I fail to see why you shouldnt be able to run HoA. Maybe pick up righteous decree?

Didn't mean to imply that I wasn't using Alberon's as well - I am.

Currently I'm band-aiding over the dexterity requirements with Astramentis - long term though, I'd replace this with an amulet with a ton of dexterity/life and a resistance or two.

I've gone jewel heavy which allows for a lot of flexibility - I can cover resits and run a huge amount of MF or similarly I can run a few blues along with Hidden Potential for increased DPS.

I'm using a Tabula at the moment, unfortunately, and the lack of resists/life restricts my choice of gear quite a bit.

I've got a very nice Astral Plate in my stash and am saving up to 6-link it. Once that's in I can work toward my final gear selections.

RE HoA - hmm. I hadn't thought about dropping Clarity entirely. I was using it - I suppose - mainly because it was definitely required while leveling. You may be right that I can simply drop Clarity all together except for 1/2 regen maps. Good call!
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jan 3, 2016, 2:25:24 PM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
"
hankinsohl wrote:

Didn't mean to imply that I wasn't using Alberon's as well - I am.

Currently I'm band-aiding over the dexterity requirements with Astramentis - long term though, I'd replace this with an amulet with a ton of dexterity/life and a resistance or two.

I've gone jewel heavy which allows for a lot of flexibility - I can cover resits and run a huge amount of MF or similarly I can run a few blues along with Hidden Potential for increased DPS.

I'm using a Tabula at the moment, unfortunately, and the lack of resists/life restricts my choice of gear quite a bit.

I've got a very nice Astral Plate in my stash and am saving up to 6-link it. Once that's in I can work toward my final gear selections.

RE HoA - hmm. I hadn't thought about dropping Clarity entirely. I was using it - I suppose - mainly because it was definitely required while leveling. You may be right that I can simply drop Clarity all together except for 1/2 regen maps. Good call!

astramentis, alberons, dual doon's, tabula, black sun... im impressed if ur actually ele weak capped lol.

currently my clarity on blood magic is lvl 15 or 16, given my high life pool i can afford it but running a lvl 10 or so on blood magic would only reserve 2-300 life (even less as you level up blood magic gem).
Initially for me i was gonna run enduring cry but ended up favouring rallying cry. dropping clarity and only using rallying cry works as long as you have mobs around you, it gets a little harder to regen your mana if you spam totems around nothing, say you got a sketchy mob chasing you and you want to off screen it. i just want to make it clear i'm not saying you SHOULD drop clarity, im just saying you CAN :)
I'm jewel heavy so that I can cover resists.

Yeah, Clarity is still socketted, but you're right that I don't seem to need it for most maps; worse case, I can activate it if/when necessary.
I never post on here, but I been playing this build and its been a blast so far. I'm playing hardcore talisman. Its tanky and so far have had no issues. I still havent even got to the point of dual totem yet. I am currently self casting bladefall with my tabula rasa with all 5 gems except for spell totem obviously.

I just wanted to say this had been the most fun build I have ever played. Thank you so much. Ill keep you updated on how well it goes.
"
boom760 wrote:
I never post on here, but I been playing this build and its been a blast so far. I'm playing hardcore talisman. Its tanky and so far have had no issues. I still havent even got to the point of dual totem yet. I am currently self casting bladefall with my tabula rasa with all 5 gems except for spell totem obviously.

I just wanted to say this had been the most fun build I have ever played. Thank you so much. Ill keep you updated on how well it goes.

thank you, very pleased to hear that :)
Im also playing this build and am L61, its a blast!
I am a self found player so My gear lacks a bit but Im staying alive and having fun...thanks for a great idea
WHat do you think about using lioneye's remorse? Also how would you change this build for softcore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info