Star Wars- Spoiler Alert!

It's just a standard action movie now with the same standard theme as always from disney - Heart > Evil and you are never in doubt good wins.

They payed little attention to the subtleties of star wars such as the process of persisting through failure or the core Buddhist theme that is star wars.

It is clearly shown that the people who made this has no real understanding of energy. First that saber.. There is also the freezing of the blaster bolt and due to the way it has been done it would require immense skill and control - it sits there powerfully vibrating in the air, being held back by a constant force applied to it, to perform such a move would take someone naturally extremely gifted either afraid to lose someone/die, or a very disciplined force user. He just does it casually - not only that but they seem to have upgraded some of Darth Vader's powers and given it to him.

Mind you.. Star wars is all about Darth Vader, Darth Vader is the prophecy, his midichlorian count far outweighs any other we know, and he was born from the force it is said in a virgin birth. Star Wars is very much about destiny. It is in essence about how someone with the greatest amount of raw talent does not automatically win in life, but how the choices we make are just as important, if not more, than simple the base talent we are given, and that we should all strive to stay humble and good and beware how our ties to the world can betray us - in that sense it is very much Buddhism, it teachers you that your ties to the world can lead you astray if you are fearful - it teaches you to let go of those fears. When you have let go of all your feelings of entitlement and fears, then you are free to see the world for what it really is - not how you wish it to be, and because of that withdrawing from your chains to the world will actually allow you freedom to interact with the world and see the things that are right for you instead of trying to force things that were never right.

So in that sense the new movies are a disgrace, they overwrite the legacy and fine balance of the previous movies, such as upgrading this random nubs powers to vader+. It shows no loyalty to star wars - it is about making the next movie for the money 100%. Subtleties like this one is just one of many many things that they don't catch in this new movie - it does not have that star wars essense.

There are huge character disconnects, too little time spent developing the characters, it's just like we enter a train that is already moving and by next station we expect that X powers has grown this and that much, and it just happens but with no indication of struggle and bla bla.

Movie made for suckers, that's it.

It is a sucker movie.

Nevertheless entertained me(so maybe i am a sucker hehehe), but it was by no means on the level of other star wars. As i said earlier.. I liked it, but i came in not expecting a star wars just something of the kind, and that was what i found. Star wars has always been a philosophical movie, it makes viewers reflect on both philosophy and the mind, this new one was nothing particular in that regards. The Jedi code for example takes root in the very highest level of Buddhism. This was just an action movie, next next, lack of character development, lack of purpose, big booms, fight one two faceroll no risk no tension, next fight gogo!

So just like McD sells well all over the western world - so will this movie, it is made for easy consumption not to be a quality movie made with the highest standards for a particular style.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jan 12, 2016, 1:29:47 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
there was the orange place with the big arena and the fighting and stuff in the 2nd one and the 3rd one started with the big orbital battle and ended with a saber fight with the lava? Thats literally it, Ive seen both of those movies at least 3 times each and I dont remember anything else about them off the top of my head.

Lol, stawp it, you have me trying to contain my gigling at work! Jeeze those movies were bad. No offense if you liked them. Art is subjective and you should like what you like!
"
edit rage. raaaaaage. No, we are friends. But right now...right now, I have no words. *none*.

PS

https://twitter.com/KyloR3n

:P :P :P :P

That's perfect.

Hmm, a new Wraeclastian pet?

The EmoK? He could look like a BRATZ doll - with a big aardvark head and tiny little body and legs. Please excuse the poor paint skills:

EmoK would be a mini NPC pet who follows you around and runs up to fight your enemies -or anyone else nearby and then runs away and hides again.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
Spoiler

Looks like fun.

I can see it now - instead of arguments around the kitchen table, everyone would have to squeeze around the little chess table on the Millennium Falcon.

Even if Harrison Ford wouldn't join rest of the old cast for a TV sitcom, Mark Hammill and Carrie Fisher could be the parents on a "That 70's Rebel Alliance Show".

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Kylo would host weekly celebrity tauntaun cook-offs

"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
Spoiler

Looks like fun.

I can see it now - instead of arguments around the kitchen table, everyone would have to squeeze around the little chess table on the Millennium Falcon.

Even if Harrison Ford wouldn't join rest of the old cast for a TV sitcom, Mark Hammill and Carrie Fisher could be the parents on a "That 70's Rebel Alliance Show".

PSA:

Don't drink and fly x-wings
"
Darkfyre wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
Spoiler

Looks like fun.

PSA:

Unless you are Poe Dameron. Poe can do anything
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Darkfyre wrote:

PSA:

Unless you are Poe Dameron. Poe can do anything

He'll have to lose a body part and get some cyborg replacement to give him extra power in a critical fight scene.

http://www.coolweirdo.com/awesomecyborg-bodyparts-help-disabledpeople.html
Last edited by DalaiLama on Jan 13, 2016, 8:20:00 PM
^ lol

Star Wars: A New Hip

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info