Iron Will non-crit arcer (Talisman SC)

currently sitting at 39k dps with this gear.

+ 5 nice jewels with atleast 3 dmg stats. I still need a 21 gem (i vaaled 6 of them but didnt get a 21 one) so this should be at 40k+ dps in the end. The new lightning flask that gives flat lightnign to spells (drops form the new thunderboss) should also be AMAZING for this build.

Build is great so far except singletarget is a bit low. For Atziri i have to switch to storm call.

Not sure if i should use a doryanis belt. Would give quite a bit of leech and ligtning damage but i would lose a huge amount of life, and the atziri flask + warlords mark are already giving a good amount of leech

Btw im at almost 800 STR and the unique scepter that gives dmg per strength is 2000 dps worse than my wand so you will probably need 1000 STR or more for it to be better than a wand like that.
Last edited by Koksii on Dec 21, 2015, 6:41:11 PM
Wow that's awesome! What lvl are you? Life/armor?
"
bcjessop21 wrote:
Wow that's awesome! What lvl are you? Life/armor?

Im currently level 91 on talisman softcore. Life is at ~6700. Dont know the armor value right now but i remember the phys damage mitigation being 49% with 4 endurance charges. Im playing with fire golem so with the other golem it should be at around 52%.
Last edited by Koksii on Dec 21, 2015, 6:35:32 PM
impressive man, link to your skill tree?
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABLMJqg0fDc0RDxRxFVAWbxhqGjgczhzcHRQkqicvK1AtfTbpOlg62DrhOw08KDwtQYdFnUbXTeNTUlXGV5RYB1nzZlRmnmhlaPJxhXIPcql2rHgvfEt85X6vggeCm4Nfg8yD24V7i4yNGY8aj0aQVZHOlG-WdJo7muCboZy-ogCmV6cIrJisqq2Nr6exQrWFtz677cBmwJrBtMT2xq7Mt89-1XXVpti92V_ZfNn82rndjOAS4XPjauoY6-7sOO0871Dv6_Af8kHyRfPd9zL31_jr-d356PrS_gr-VP6P

i specced out of righteos degree when i had a 4 or 5 link because i noticed that it wasnt necessary- but with faster casting you really need it. iI also took quick recovery, the socket and the big 30 STR node ("might") in the northern area of the tree.

Next steps for me is to get the last 5% life node and then two levels after that i'll spec out one one 3% cast speed node to get the 5th endurance charge. Dont know yet if i will reach level 94 though because i no-lifed the last days and im a bit burned out :D
Last edited by Koksii on Dec 21, 2015, 6:38:16 PM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding game mechanics, but wouldn't you want the repentance gloves for this? Is iron will in the gloves only applied to stuff linked in the gloves? What would you socket for your 5th link if you used the gloves.
Its for the whole character, but im not sure if i like the gloves because

1. they have no strength on it
2. no resists
3. no life
4. they give -30% spell damage

But if you use them i guess the best gem instead of iron will would be added lightning damage?
"
Koksii wrote:
currently sitting at 39k dps with this gear.

+ 5 nice jewels with atleast 3 dmg stats. I still need a 21 gem (i vaaled 6 of them but didnt get a 21 one) so this should be at 40k+ dps in the end. The new lightning flask that gives flat lightnign to spells (drops form the new thunderboss) should also be AMAZING for this build.

Build is great so far except singletarget is a bit low. For Atziri i have to switch to storm call.

Not sure if i should use a doryanis belt. Would give quite a bit of leech and ligtning damage but i would lose a huge amount of life, and the atziri flask + warlords mark are already giving a good amount of leech

Btw im at almost 800 STR and the unique scepter that gives dmg per strength is 2000 dps worse than my wand so you will probably need 1000 STR or more for it to be better than a wand like that.

Impressive stuff, seems that castspeed (I have none on my jewellery) has really pushed you over the top in terms of dps, along with damage jewels. 6l Helps too I'm sure!
How are you finding sustaining mana?
I'm probably being a bit stubborn with the Doon, for thematic reasons. My off hand sceptre almost certainly does more damage than it does (bit more spell/elemental damage than your wand, bit less flat).
Mana is no problem...just make sure you dont play curse immunity maps without a mana flask ;)

Cast speed is very important on jewels. Currently using these:
"
Koksii wrote:
Its for the whole character, but im not sure if i like the gloves because

1. they have no strength on it
2. no resists
3. no life
4. they give -30% spell damage

But if you use them i guess the best gem instead of iron will would be added lightning damage?

It's 0 to -30, not a flat -30. You're essentially trading life for damage since you will easily be able to cap resists elswhere. It's not uncommon for uniques to trade survivability for damage. In general this build feels overly tanky, it spawned from a HC player.

What do people think about taking more witch nodes for damage? What would you sacrifice for it first?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info