[2.1] Realyn's Split Arrow Windripper build for HC - Video added

I tried LA with chain. It simply doesn't shatter(herald of ice explosion) as much because it doesn't deal enough damage to freeze reliable enough.
"
Realyn wrote:
I tried LA with chain. It simply doesn't shatter(herald of ice explosion) as much because it doesn't deal enough damage to freeze reliable enough.

Can u post simple leveling guide?
I was played w split arrow till lvl 34, then switch it to tornado shot+LMP, after to Torndato +GMP..
How are leveling you?
Where are you getting endurance charges for immortal call?
Hello.. :)

I like your build, but I have a question about your 2 Mark curse's.. Is it item you use to allow you to apply 2 curse's or what? I can't seem to find what does it for you.. :)
Hi, I am currently running a split arrow scion in SC talisman, and I feel a lot weaker than I should be. Im level 85 and have a 5L windripper and a 5L hyrriers ire, but my split arrow has 12k dps with HoI and wrath and my frenzy only has 24k. I also feel Like I attack really slow, without 5 frenzy charges. Can you give me advice on what gear I should upgrade right away? Also I don't know how to link my passive tree, If someone could tell me I would link that too.

Sorry if i messed up anything. But yea, I would appreciate any tips to help optimize my build.
"
wnvsp1r1t1 wrote:
"
Realyn wrote:

Can u post simple leveling guide?
I was played w split arrow till lvl 34, then switch it to tornado shot+LMP, after to Torndato +GMP..
How are leveling you?

I've used Split Arrow and Frenzy. Storm Cloud from level 10 or so with Elreon jewellery and HoT, HoI and Wrath. Drop HoT once you got the Duellist leech nodes.
"
Where are you getting endurance charges for immortal call?

You don't need any, it has a base duration.

"
I like your build, but I have a question about your 2 Mark curse's.. Is it item you use to allow you to apply 2 curse's or what? I can't seem to find what does it for you.. :)
Yes, Deodre's Ring.

@DeeVee_X_Naix

Atleast one item in the gloves/helmet slot should be dps. On Softcore you should even manage to run both Rat's Nest and Maligaro's. Personally I prefer Rat's Nest because of the utility over crit multi.

You are missing 3 jewels for 5 points. Those are potentially 90-100% increased damage. 3 prop jewels shouldn't be that expensive if you keep looking.

Your Wrath is level 17. More damage will come over time. Maybe you can buy a 20/21 one.
Last edited by Realyn on Jan 3, 2016, 11:57:07 AM
Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. Do you I have 4 points invested into frenzy, do you think I should take those out for jewel slots? If not, where should I shave some points for jewel slots? Thanks again, really appreciate it.
I found a windripper on my bladefall character so I looked up builds and yours looked great. I started my windripper character over the weekend and have been loving it so far.

I was wondering if you could take a look at my char and see what I should be improving on.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Protatoe69/characters (WindRipppin) is the character.

Right now my goals are to save up for a Rat's nest, then find more lighting resist so I can use my other character's lightning coil eventually.

And one more question.. If I link Item Rarity with herald of ice, do the ice explosions grant bonus item rarity?
Last edited by Protatoe69 on Jan 5, 2016, 1:12:37 PM
Hey mate, ty for the topic it was needed.

I played a Ripper last HC league (level 95 and alive) and also this HC league and had the chance to try a few things (unfortunately died at level 89).

I was gonna write a small guide when i leveled up another WR guy but since you did that i will add my thoughts here:

1) Our trees are quite similar, but for a scion start (aka life wheel access) i dont think going into ranger area is a good idea. (5 points for 8 life, 15 damage, 8 AS, 20 accuracy). Also i strongly advise using I.Leap in shadow jewel socket to get power charge, frenzy charge and nullification.(played with it and without it, that last Power charge is huge for consistency. Also free res.)

2)I used PCOC on main links. Main reason is high tier curse immune, cold res or mobs immune to ele status maps you cant get p.charges and WR already had to re-roll a good number of map mods. (for the same reason i wouldn't use +1 curse mechanics other than an amulet + ele weak on hit gloves combo)

3)If you use TS for single target, you will be able to benefit from a '+2 mana on hit' jewel and drop mana leech nodes (drawback is no freeze/shock from lots of small hits). I was able to sustain 5L with 0.4 mana leech and one +2 jewel

4)2.1 dps is off the roof (2 free links compared to 2.0) so for HC i would definitely prioritize rare items instead of maligaro's or rat's unless you are 4-5 man partying all the time.

would love to hear your feedback on those.

Hey, something i'm wondering, is it really worth picking Vaal Pact on top of things like Heart of Oak and the few other life regen nodes you have?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info