[2.1] Realyn's Split Arrow Windripper build for HC - Video added

Hi,

after leveling my Cycloner to 92 in Talisman I got bored (again) and wanted to play something a little bit more exciting. Decided to give Windripper a go and looked around for builds. Most writeups I found were a bit outdated or focused on Acuity's and stuff.

I'll try to keep this post as clear and short as possible. If you're playing a ripper build you'll probably know what to look for.

Somehow my old OBS settings aren't really working. I'll get it fixed in a couple of days and post some videos.

Video #2: https://youtu.be/-Xr1HPfuDVA minus max turbo no regen Wasteland

Video#1: https://youtu.be/0LeggeavDOU minus max monster damage enfeeble Bazaar

I've also recorded a Shipyard and Palace. They are queued up and only take another 500 somewhat minutes with my 10 mbit connection to upload! Yay Youtube.

This is a WiP. If something is outdated you can always look at my profile.

1. Skill Tree

My current tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAF4DlgUtBWYKmw2ND6sWvxmKGY4hdiPTI_YkiyT9JpUqOC5TMHEwfDH6NZI31DnUOkI64TsoQzFHfkp9SshLV0t4TP9Nkk3jTipRR1VLWlJbr1-wYENh4mVNbj1uqm8nb55wUnTtdct293cHeu97w311fyuDCYTFhs6HE4d2idOMNo19jX6Nv5AKlwaaaptdm7WcpKCfo4qmV6iatfK3trvjvTa-gL6nwOPBM8M6xKLKStNv037UI9aK2L3awd2o4J_jn-cK51TqYu0_7YPuDu968bPyRfKX_MX-Cv6P_rr_3g==

2. Skill Gems

Split Arrow - Chain - Weapon Elemental Damage - Added Lightning Damage - Added Cold Damage - Slower Projectiles or Faster Attacks

Vaal Burning Arrow - Weapon Elemental Damage - Added Lightning Damage - Point Blank - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Slower Projectiles

or

Frenzy - Weapon Elemental Damage - Added Lightning Damage - Faster Attacks - Power Charge on Critical

Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Vaal Haste

Herald of Ice - Curse on Hit - Assasin's Mark - Poacher's Mark

Wrath - Faster Attacks - Ice Golem - Blink Arrow

3. Gear

Weapon: Windripper

Chest: Lightning Coil > Daresso's Defiance' > Hyrri's Ire > Queen of the Forest > rare 5l/6l

Helmet Rat's Nest

Gloves: Rare with life, resistance and high evasion. Attack speed is not that important.

Boots: Rare with life, resistance and high evasion. Not that important to have 30 MS. You'll be fast enough

Belt: Rare with life, WED and resistance.

Ring: Deodre's Damning

Ring: Rare with life, resistance, WED and crit. High resistance are very important. It'll be difficult to find a Diamond Ring.

Amulet: Rare with 70+ intelligence, life, resistance, WED and crit. Same as above. It has to be a Lapis Amulet with a 40+ INT roll. (obviously you can get the int on another item as well, but in my experience people are more likely to keep amulets with high stats)

Quiver: Rare with life, crit chance, crit multi, WED and attack speed.

5. Flask

1. Divine Life Flask - instant bleed

2. Quicksilver Flask - bleed / charges on crit

3. Topaz Flask - curse immunity / charges on crit

4. Jade Flask - evasion / charges on crit

5. Taste of Hate or second life pot

6. Jewels

Jewels are very important to get our resistances up. You'll want 5-7% life jewels with 30-40% reistances. Only when you are capped look for life and attack speed jewels.

You can use Static Electricity next to VP. It gives around 300-500 more dps than a life/proj/light jewel but less than a 3 prop damage jewel.

7. My Gear

8. Vaal Pact, Blood Rage Deadro's Damning

I've actually had to pick up Vaal Pact while leveing with a Storm Cloud which is pretty crazy. I'm really not a fan of using Blood Rage without any life reg. Even if you're just running for 3 seconds, your losing a good percentage of your effective hp pool doing so. You're more likely to get one shot at 4.5k hp than at 5.5k hp.

You can obviously use PCoC in your setup. Personally I value that 6th link over a ring slot. It's really hard to gear with this many uniques and LC, but not impossible.

9. Frenzy vs Vaal Burning Arrow

No other way around it, both are terrible for leveling until you have enough damage. VBA only has 3 charges, Frenzy is impossible to sustain. You can try both, but I'm conviced that VBA is better once you have enough damage.

10. Vaal Burning Arrow will kill you

If you hit the wrong reflect monster with VBA you're likely going to die. Be careful in Devourer maps.

12. I don't have a Windripper

Use Storm Cloud. No joke, it's not that much worse. Obviously not for end game maps, but it should serve you well into ~72's. Pick less crit nodes and focus on Frenzy Charges/Projectile Damage.

13. Bandits

HP, Attack Speed and the charge is up to. I picked Frenzy. 70% crit are enough for me and I really don't care to hit 95%.

Why is my current gear different?

My Ranger is in the 90's and just chaining 78s/79s with the occasional higher maps. I've sacrifed some damage(frenzy charges) for a bit more survivability and mobility. I do believe that frenzy charges are very strong and the way to go. It just makes no sense for me to pick them up when I already have enough damage while soloing maps.
Last edited by Realyn on Dec 31, 2015, 7:32:29 PM
some minor updates
added video and stuff
Ty Kindly for Posting guide :3
"The question I must ask is, not what I can gain but what can I do."
"
Realyn wrote:
Hi,

after leveling my Cycloner to 92 in Talisman I got bored (again) and wanted to play something a little bit more exciting. Decided to give Windripper a go and looked around for builds. Most writeups I found were a bit outdated or focused on Acuity's and stuff.

I ran into the same problem looking for windripper builds, so thanks for posting yours! I'm at lvl 74 now and it's working pretty good. Still got some optimization to do, mainly int on gear and jewels.
"
Zerfall wrote:
"
Realyn wrote:
Hi,

I ran into the same problem looking for windripper builds, so thanks for posting yours! I'm at lvl 74 now and it's working pretty good. Still got some optimization to do, mainly int on gear and jewels.

Just keep the 30 int node for as long as you need it if that means easier access to chaos res/high life/WED gear.
added wasteland video
What stats to look for on rare bow before windripper? ele damage most likely but wanted to be sure ;p
Personally I haven't used so I can't tell first hand. I would look for the same stats as Storm Cloud, so high APS and flat ele.
Is Split Arrow better than a Lightning Arrow Voltaxic build? Why do you choose to use SA instead of LA? I can't decide whether to sell my Windripper and get a Voltaxic and go that route or not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info