[2.4] Thor's Thunderblunt Mjölner Discharge (Uber & Shaper Viable)

hello, I have a question. Why are you using blind and resolute technique? since you cannot evade attacks then blind has no use. could you explain or perhaps suggest an alternate skill gem. currently i am using leap slam-faster attacks - blind- chaos golem

I would like to say I am loving your build. i am 87 in the hardcore talisman league. i am using a 5 link kingsguard and just moved into t10 maps. i am shocked that i am still just shredding everything. i made a few changes to my character to be slightly more tanky.
my volls devotion came with a level 8 clarity, so i am using that along with the + 20 int/max mana/mana regen area of the duelist points instead of the mana on hit. i just cant seem to hit high int even with a rare belt, gloves, boots and ring.
i am using the life area for the enemies cannot leech (but mostly for the % life), and i made my way into the scion life wheel instead of going for the life in the templar section. currently have 5300 life and 1200 es. 90% damage reduction with granite flask up which is amazing
"
Vinc009 wrote:
Ok thanks

"
Rexire wrote:
I will try an make a leveling guide for this as soon as possible.

I guess you forgot about that? :P could you at least make level 60/70 trees please? i dont really know which path to take first.

Sorry haha, I wouldn't say forgot - but I've been caught up in university recently and didn't get a chance to write one up yet.

"
hello, I have a question. Why are you using blind and resolute technique? since you cannot evade attacks then blind has no use. could you explain or perhaps suggest an alternate skill gem. currently i am using leap slam-faster attacks - blind- chaos golem

I would like to say I am loving your build. i am 87 in the hardcore talisman league. i am using a 5 link kingsguard and just moved into t10 maps. i am shocked that i am still just shredding everything. i made a few changes to my character to be slightly more tanky.
my volls devotion came with a level 8 clarity, so i am using that along with the + 20 int/max mana/mana regen area of the duelist points instead of the mana on hit. i just cant seem to hit high int even with a rare belt, gloves, boots and ring.
i am using the life area for the enemies cannot leech (but mostly for the % life), and i made my way into the scion life wheel instead of going for the life in the templar section. currently have 5300 life and 1200 es. 90% damage reduction with granite flask up which is amazing

To clear things up we do not use Resolute Technique because we utilize the advantages of critical strikes in this build. I believe you are taking about Unwavering Stance. I personally use blind to help party members out since many complain about the lag, so this provides a bit more safety. If you do not care about party members then replace Blind with Enhance to give yourself a faster Leap Slam and increase your Golem's life pool - which is what I swap for during solo play if I remember to. This build can clear T14 and 15 maps quite easily. Yeah in hardcore definitely pick up more life nodes, my personal tree leaves them until the later levels because I basically never die - but more life is definitely much better when you care about dying.
Sincerely,
Ren
Uber Atziri & Mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1187517
Spectral Throw Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1692620
Mjolner Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1519485
hey thanks so much for the response, and yes i did mean unwavering stance haha.

thanks for the tip, i think i will swap to enhance as i really want more movespeed :D
So as a suggestion for the budget build without Voll's Devotion, I've been using Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark to gain Endurance Charges, in addition to the CWDT + Warlord's Mark setup. It generates a decent amount of Endurance Charges to proc Discharge and the life gain with Kingsguard. It also creates enough mana leech so I don't need Revelry.

Also, since I don't feel like I have enough sustain to run Righteous Fire, I saved some of those passives from Barbarism and put it into more life like the Bloodless wheel. I also decided to connect the Duelist area through the Scion life wheel instead of connecting Sanctity to Born to Fight. I knew I wanted to get Constitution for the higher life, and Shaper giving 1% life regen is pretty good, so it only cost me an extra passive or two.

I didn't go for Sovereignty or Champion of the Cause because I like using a Devoto's Helmet. The move and attack speed are great, plus the dex bonus is nice for Blood Rage requirements. Plus, it gives me that Thor look :). At the moment, I'm only running two auras in Grace and Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark. If I ever do get a Voll's Devotion, I might respec and regear to get Alpha's Howl and run Grace + PoL + PoF and be able to run Righteous Fire, but for now, these changes work for me.

Still farming Voll for some cards/currency. I'll get enough cards one of these days.
"
hey thanks so much for the response, and yes i did mean unwavering stance haha.

thanks for the tip, i think i will swap to enhance as i really want more movespeed :D

No problem! Yeah, Enhance is a nice little buff.

"
So as a suggestion for the budget build without Voll's Devotion, I've been using Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark to gain Endurance Charges, in addition to the CWDT + Warlord's Mark setup. It generates a decent amount of Endurance Charges to proc Discharge and the life gain with Kingsguard. It also creates enough mana leech so I don't need Revelry.

Also, since I don't feel like I have enough sustain to run Righteous Fire, I saved some of those passives from Barbarism and put it into more life like the Bloodless wheel. I also decided to connect the Duelist area through the Scion life wheel instead of connecting Sanctity to Born to Fight. I knew I wanted to get Constitution for the higher life, and Shaper giving 1% life regen is pretty good, so it only cost me an extra passive or two.

I didn't go for Sovereignty or Champion of the Cause because I like using a Devoto's Helmet. The move and attack speed are great, plus the dex bonus is nice for Blood Rage requirements. Plus, it gives me that Thor look :). At the moment, I'm only running two auras in Grace and Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark. If I ever do get a Voll's Devotion, I might respec and regear to get Alpha's Howl and run Grace + PoL + PoF and be able to run Righteous Fire, but for now, these changes work for me.

Still farming Voll for some cards/currency. I'll get enough cards one of these days.

That may sort of work in really big packs, but still instead of getting 4-5 endurance charges per discharge, you would get like 1-3 every couple discharges. Without voll's devotion your best option would be a Lightning Coil and focus more heavily towards Power Charges and defenses. Without running both purities you lose a lot of defense, and this build prides itself on completely ignoring elemental damage. Righteous fire isn't necessarily sustained, but we ignore it's degen by keeping up our Ruby Flask and using one to dispell burning in tight situations or when we aren't fighting anything.
Sincerely,
Ren
Uber Atziri & Mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1187517
I feel like paper, i have kingsguard on and enemy cuts me like hot metal cuts butter. What am i doing wrong(dont have volls amulet so without that i have no use of kingsguard right?
"
m2tuu wrote:
I feel like paper, i have kingsguard on and enemy cuts me like hot metal cuts butter. What am i doing wrong(dont have volls amulet so without that i have no use of kingsguard right?

Yeah without Voll's Devotion you don't make use of the kingsguard, at that point I would opt for a Lightning Coil and spec into more life on the tree. Try to manage your flasks as well as you can, and play cautious while you save up for a Voll's Devotion. I'm still working on optimizing a budget method to this build.
Sincerely,
Ren
I Don't know why but I just feel like the dps isn't that good, I played with fakener and had 44k ish discharge dmg and as mjölner I'm at around 16k or so, is there a way to increase my dps alot?
I'm trying to do this build in talisman league. Is it worth spending 30ex on acuity?
I can manage it but it costs a lot...
"
Elzad wrote:
"
hellfurian wrote:
This guide is awesome, very solid and fun build. You should add intuitive leap to the jewels section. With intuitive leap south of duelist you get Vigour (endurance charge), Revelry, Golem's Blood, Cloth and Chain it saves a TON of passives. west of marauder you can use another one to get Juggernaut, Stamina (another end charge), and Barbarism. The best one is west of templar you get Devotion, Power + End Charge. very worth the investment!

I recently got my hands on a Mjolner and am excited to start such a build. Still need to get Voll's Devotion but I figure I will get started now. Anyways I came across the OP's build that uses Kingsguard but also came across Hellfurian's build that uses Lightning Coil. Both of these builds seem very strong and I'm sort of torn as to which way to go.

So what are both of your viewpoints (OP and Hellfurian) on each other's build? Kingsguard seem to be great in the sense that the endurance charges will heal and are used for discharge, but using Lighting Coil you can avoid 30% of incoming damage with high/capped lightning resists. I'm impressed with the high armor that OP's build offers, but also like the fact that Hellfurian build you can get elemental resists real high and all those auras. What are the strengths/weaknesses of your respective builds, if you have an opinion on it. For a newbie mjolner user, which would you recommend?

So just an update since trying this build. I finally got my Templar to level 80 and it has been a quick and fast leveling process. The Discharge just blows through packs of mobs like paper, in fact, he very often just Leap Slams into a pack of mobs and they blow up! lol He's got all the required gear (Kingsguard, Voll's Devotion, Romira's) and I've slotted Life Leach on Mjolner and LGoH instead of Fortify (which I've slotted on my shield with Leap Slam/FA) and he is pretty much able to face tank all the unique bosses I've come across up to T7 maps (still trying to get my hands on higher level maps). This is the most fun build I've played AND both hits hard and is durable...tired of my previous glass cannon builds lol.

I just started to experiment a bit with the passives and last night was able to respec a few passives so I can sustain Righteous Fire. I've always liked the concept of RF and since you have to be up close for Molten Strike to hit RF just seems like it would synergize well. Instead of going Annihilation and Arcane Potency (crit nodes Witch area) I put them into Combat Stamina and Arsonist and also took the life regen nodes at Templar starting area. I still need to get a few more life regen nodes by the Scion starting area to fully sustain RF but for now am using Vitality aura. Oh and I switched to Rise of the Phoenix instead of Safell's. Seems like its fine if not better since i'm still getting lots of discharges to proc. I'll probably focus on getting health nodes now and just skip the crit nodes altogether unless i'm missing something? The 50%+ more spell damage while RF is up is pretty nice. The only problem with this setup is my lightning resist is now below 75% (instead of 83% with PoL & Safells's). Depending on the fight, I'll just have to not run RF and go back to OP's standard setup (PoL, PoF, Grace) or Grace, PoL and Blasphemy/Enfeeble.

Anyways, thanks for posting your build and answering questions. I'm gonna focus on getting this toon to level 100...which will be my first lol.

Last edited by Elzad on Jan 19, 2016, 1:58:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info